Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Amount bars of friends on Dashboard

I think this is a simple hack, Friends are shown according to amount what they owe or I owe. Due to which if someone owes nothing or comparably very less amount then you have to abbreviate the name and on hover only you can know the details about amount and friends name.

Instead of this the bar which represents amount owed can be a box with light grey color which fills up according to amount owed. thus Friend's name and amount can be overlay-ed in same manner and always be visible. This way existing UI would be intact yet more…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer time banking!

I'm collaborating with a couple of friends on different projects and would love if you could add "Hours/Minutes" as a currency so we can use Splitwise as our time bank without having to decide and keep track of an artificial hourly rate.

Possible? Even prohibitive on the mobile version, how about a web app pilot? It would be a really progressive and fabulous thing to do.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Really cool idea (and thanks for posting here as well as via email) – we’ll definitely think about it once most people are not using the version of iPhone OS that doesn’t support it (because our custom currency support would have to apply across all systems).

- Jon

3. Connection with Foursquare

Can you connect with location based services such as Foursquare? It is wonderful to wait for this feature.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Cool idea! We’ve definitely thought about Foursquare connections to auto-tag expenses, and we’ll definitely think about it more if lots more folks think it would be cool.

- Jon

4. to add a widget for the homescreen

Hi folks,

it would be great to have a widget for the Android app with the following functionality:
    - Display one Friend per line
    - Display the Avatar, the name, the total owed amount or the amount the friend owes me
    - Have a little icon to add a bill and to settle up

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

An Android widget is a great idea :) We just started work on a pretty big Android update – for now, we’re mostly focused on improving the core app, but we’d love to include cool stuff like widgets in a future release.

5. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a confirmation box when duplicate entries are added

Please add detection of duplicate entry.
    If duplicate entry is detected add another confirmation box for user "do you want to really add ?".

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. update pdf summaries of the months

the pdf summaries don't include rollover payments from previous months (if my roommates still owe me money last month it won't show effectively when looking at the pdf this month). also it says i owe my roommate when she actually paid me back for things she owes me for. the site is great, but if i ever needed to print out the pdf it would be all wrong.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow importing expenses from a Settle Up App

Currently I am using Settle Up and would like to import my expenses in your application

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add group administrator function

I see that other people have suggested this before and it's been rejected, but I'd like to bring it up again - having a group administrator woul dbe extremely valuable. That person doesn't have to be the only one that can add/edit payments, but it would be nice to have someone controlling the group - I'm specifically thinking of the "simplify payments" function. Of the 3 times I've used splitwise, 2 of them have been messed up because someone randomly unclicked the simplify payments function - people made payments, then I re-clicked it and people had to make double payments.…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your comments make sense – you’re definitely not the only person to be confused or frustrated when a friend “accidentally” turns simplify debts on or off. We’re thinking about ways to solve that problem, as well as ways to “close” or permanently settle a group, and I’ll bring up the possibility of a “group admin” again next time we talk about this. Thanks for the suggestion :)

10. Feature reques: Move personal balance to group

In the knowledge base article "Why am I settled up in my friendship but still have balances with my friend in groups?", I learned that I can move the balance with A in group G to personal balance with A. However, I need to do the other way around: move the personal balance with A to group G. The story is like this: I owe $1 from A, B, C, D personally and separately, however, they are all in group G, so I would rather to move them to G so that I owe the group $4. Further, if there…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Definitely makes sense! We’re working on better ways of settling up across both personal debts and group debts, because we know it’s a pain in the neck right now :) We hope to have new features to help with that soon!

11. Ability to use "open in Splitwise" for pictures or pdfs of receipts

I use an app called CamScanner to scan my receipts because it crops the receipts and applies a whitening filter to make it look very nice.

I can save this to my camera roll and then import them into splitwise but it would be nice to be able to press "open in splitwise" for any image or pdf. You would have to register the file types your app supports.

Description of technology by Apple:
    If your app is capable of opening specific types of files, you should register that support with the system. This allows other apps, through the iOS…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. let people settle with bitcoins.

I know I'm a nerd obsessed with bitcoin but it would be cool. Expensify, wordpress.com, reddit.com, okcupid, and easyDNS have integrated with bitcoin so it's not as fringe as it may seem.

Love your service by the way.

647 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re definitely considering Bitcoin! We think cryptocurrencies are fascinating (seriously, we’ve held a Providence meet-up about them), and it’s something on our list of possible improvements for the future.

13. To add option to see yearly Expenses

I can see the expenses for individual months. If i want to see combined expenses for multiple months and yearly then there should be a option to see that expenses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Insert Paypal transaction ID as a note

After using Paypal to settle, you should automatically insert the Paypal transaction ID into the notes section of the payment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. email batching

just made a bunch of changes to things, someone got 18 emails :/

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a line graph over time.

Provide the option to display the value you owe over time. It would be nice to see how much you've paid off over time...Trends

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Add print option

Wanted to be able to print Trip split calculator to pass out to group of people before the trip. I can print it via web but looks better if it have print option for registered user to print it in print format.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Textbox for Quantity

Next to the $ text box add a text box for Quantity which will help reduce the amount of time the user when entering itemized bills

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. Have amount owed and total bill amount in the history

In the bill history section (the screen that shows when you click the little flag next to the logo) currently it only shows the amount owed or the amount I need to pay. However if I want to check if a certain bill is loaded it is easier to see the total amount of the bill. So can you add the total bill amount to that screen? Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Not include payments in the expense summary

In the "charts" section, payments get included under "your share". I understand that you want to do the "you paid - your share = you are owed", but the result is that it's harder for me to see exactly how much my share of the trip actually was.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Another good idea George! In fairness, it’s not actually included in the pie chart, just the table of expenses, but I hear what you are saying. If you want to see the trip as what you actually “spent” independent of the payments moving money around, it would be the sum of the “Your share” column minus the payments.

We’ll definitely discuss this issue more as we revisit the charts / why I owe what I owe interface. Thanks again!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base