Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Splitting unequally based on Shares - use drop downs

When splitting bills, with unequal shares, under the option to add shares - make it a drop down for quick addition of the number of shares. Also, remember the last used settings of entering a bill, so that next time it defaults to that same setting.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

I think the drop down UI would be a nice clean addition to the splitting expenses by shares option. I also agree with you on having it remember the previous expenses setting.

We may also use quick +/- buttons to change the number of shares.

2. Add friend of friends as your friends

It is possible that we may have common friends between multiple people who have not yet been added in our friend. It'll be easier to add a friend from our friend's friend list

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. have option to display debt to individuals instead of to group when viewing groups

I wanted to use groups but it fell apart because it didn't display the total debt for people. Since I imported all of my info from billmonk for this group, groups became totally worthless. Now it is troublesome to assign a debt to a group of people.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! we love feedback, I hope your Uservoice name is for another company:)

You can currently see the total debt of an individual (including the groups they are involved in) on their friendship tab. I could see that having that information in the group (or the ability to switch views within a group) would be neat. I’ll bring this up with my co workers at our next meeting and see if they think this is something we want to do.

4. temporary payments

Hi,

It would be nice to add temporary payments. Some insurance money we have to pay for 8 periodes. So it would be nice to give an end date for a payment.

sorry for my english, if you have any questions, let me know.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really like this idea, having an end date to a recurring payment after a couple of weeks. I think it will be something we do, because we’ve already got the recurring payments in place and adding an end date doesn’t seem too hard (of course I’m not an engineer so I may eat those words when I bring it up).

5. Advance payment between friends

There are instances when there is an advance payment involved ( including yourself ) between friends and then expenses deduct the money.
    I am not able to add my own share ( advance payment ) in a group. Typically in this scenario its like X pays X ( which is not a valid scenario in other conditions )

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely see how this would be useful! Hopefully we can consider adding support for a “kitty fund” or the like sometime in the future.

For now, I’ve seen a few people simulate this by adding an additional member to their group called “Kitty fund”, and using that extra member to keep track of shared funds. For example, if everyone pays $100 to the kitty fund at the beginning of the month, then you can choose the kitty fund as the payer for new expenses like groceries or rent. Splitwise should accurately update to show how much money the kitty fund has left (e.g. “The kitty fund owes $50” = the kitty fund has $50 left). It’s definitely a bit of a hack, but it might be worth trying if you and your friends always split bills this way.

6. Display Running Balances

It would be lovely to see the running balances with each transaction. Basically add a column at the right that says "Bob owes me" and the balance at that time, switch it over to "I owe Bob" if one of his transactions puts me in debt. The last transaction should align with the current balance displayed at the top.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to auto charge interest on a periodical basis

Add the ability to charge interest on the balance of a group on a recurring basis. Even simple interest instead of compounding interest would be OK.

227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of September 2016, we don’t currently have any plans to add features for charging interest. We can definitely see how it’d be useful in some circumstances, especially for large debts, but right now we think it would add too much complexity and require us to redesign some significant parts of our user experience.

8. change the "you owe" block for an entered bill in a group once the bill has been settled.

Currently am in in a group that had a bill that has now been settled by all individuals. The group screen still shows (and draws my attention to) the "you owe" some amount with the amount showing in red. After settling my portion of the bill I would prefer one of these ideas for a change here:
    - change the colour of the dollar value to a less attention grabbing one;
    - a strike-through on the amount as it has been paid;
    - a small indication of the bill being settled/paid
    - change to the text to read "previously owed",…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We probably won’t handle this issue the way you describe (though we review this regularly to see if we can). We have added some changes that hide expenses whenever an account hits a $0 point overall. If everyone in your group is settle up at a given time, the web interface will hide expenses older than that. We will probably bring this to our other platforms as well.

Marshall

9. Rearrange Expenses in a given day / Add time to expense

Allow user to move items so that he can rearrange them in a chronological order for that day.
    For Ex. I might add the dinner expenditure first, and then the breakfast expenditure, but would want the breakfast to appear before the dinner in the reports and charts. Being able to re-arrange would help.
    If re-arranging is a difficult to achieve, then we can get the same done by asking user to enter time (optional) for the expenditure.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really like this idea, and can see why people would want it (including myself who needs to organize everything obsessively by time). We’ve talked about doing this and think it’s a good addition, but it will be a little bit before we can get it in there.

10. "equal share" option can exclude old house mates without removing them from group

I live in a co-op house with 6 housemates and 10 older house mates. Some still visit but most are no longer living with us. The number of older housemates keeps growing over time, and sometimes we add friends to splitwise to balance all sorts of expenses.

When I add an expense and select "share equally" I want it to charge only the active housemates. What happens is that it selects ALL the people in the group, and I need to manually uncheck them off until I have the group I desire. It would help if I could define a…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I like the idea of the “sub-group” and see how it could be useful when it comes to bigger groups like that. I’ll bring this up at our next meeting and see if it’s something we can put on the schedule.

11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Right now the person who owns the account has the ability to change what their screen name is. I can see how giving people the ability to set the persons name on their end would be useful.

12. Sort based on names

It will be helpful if we can sort the payments based on name so that we can sort the payments made by each person along with the one who is reporting.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Confirm cancel/escape of itemised bill adding

If we accidentally press Esc or if we happen to click outside the bill entering area, the and new bill popup disappears. We have to enter the whole bill allover again.

Ask for a confirmation from the user before cancelling the bill addition

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. adding a do by date and google calender integration

When creating a new bill, I suggest that you can add a do by date on the bill and also allow integration with your google calender or allow it to add it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re planning on bringing more integration to Splitwise in the near future (Including Google contacts). Bringing in the calendar is a pretty sweet idea that I could see being a huge help if you don’t want reminder emails.

16. Keep former group members in the transaction history

When a old group member is settled up and removed, his name becomes "[removed]" in the transaction history. It'd be useful to still have his name for record-keeping.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Add an export to feed option

So I can see the expenses/IOU made in my group using my feedreader. I moved from ioweyou.co.uk and they had this option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A couple thoughts on itemized bills

In some states, not everything is subject to sales tax (for instance, in my state of Massachusetts, groceries and clothing are not taxed). This can make itemized bills that include both taxed and non-taxed items impossible to enter in one bill. A potential fix for this would be to include a check box that appears when there is something entered in the tax percent field so that the user can choose items that are not taxed. I think it would make sense to have it be an opt out system, in which every item starts with a check box indicating…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan on tweaking itemized bills in the very near future. I think the quantity idea is a good one, along with the optional tax idea. We’ll keep these in mind when reworking the UI.

19. Shared Fund for house

Hey there

As a house we use a single account which we all pay regularly and equally into. From here all bills and house payments are covered. Like a kitty of sorts, we can use it for everything, and there is an excess for emergencies.
    It would be great to create an entity, like a Friend, but it is an account that we can keep track of the amount in it, but it doesnt recalculate what people are owed back from it automatically. Currently, if everyone pays say, £100 per month, and a bill comes out of it, if i…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning to build this, but as some users have mentioned in the comments, one workaround is to create a dummy member of your group using an @example email address to represent your ‘kitty’ or shared fund.

20. Query

How to send a group email ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base