I suggest you ...

Confirm cancel/escape of itemised bill adding

If we accidentally press Esc or if we happen to click outside the bill entering area, the and new bill popup disappears. We have to enter the whole bill allover again.

Ask for a confirmation from the user before cancelling the bill addition

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maic Lopez Saenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major pain point when using Splitwise on iPad, is a constant scare to press that "Done" button in hopes i dont accidentally tap outside and lose all the bill.

• Andreas Turanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now I was entering a new bill and had filled in 4 fields including many details in the notes when I accidentally clicked-off to the side of the expense. Shockingly, it just erased my not-yet-completed new bill entry and data!
        It should either not close / abandon the new bill entry if there are any fields entered or ask the user if they are ok with erasing/losing the data or if they want to continue.
        Similar to the item with 17 votes though has been 2.5 years "Under Review"
        http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/3121211-confirm-cancel-escape-of-itemised-bill-adding

• Andreas Turanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still not done when it was re-requested 2.5 YEARS ago???
        My version:
        Right now I was entering a new bill and had filled in 4 fields including many details in the notes when I accidentally clicked-off to the side of the expense. Shockingly, it just erased my not-yet-completed new bill entry and data!

Warn/ask user they will lose data when they click off adding a bill
        It should either not close / abandon the new bill entry if there are any fields entered or ask the user if they are ok with erasing/losing the data or if they want to continue.
        Similar to the item 5

• Armin Samii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I last requested this over a year ago, and it still gets me regularly. Any updates?

• AdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! This has been bugging me for awhile.

- Click "Add a bill".
        - Click outside of the window that appears.

OBSERVE: The window disappears, possibly losing any data you just input.

EXPECTED: Nothing should happen to the window unless you click an explicit close button, as is a common graphic user interface convention.

I don't know who else is annoyed by this but wanted to point it out. Can you please fix it? :)

• Armin Samii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens too often to me and it's incredibly frustrating! This feature would be supremely helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thirded, happened in October. After inputting a lot of data including a photo, itemized list in the notes section, and a custom split. Non-trivial to reinput.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded. I ran into this same issue today, and it's annoying.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base