I suggest you ...

is it possible to integrate UPI (UNIFIED PAYMENT SYSTEM) for Indian users ??

UPI is a payment method introduced in India to transact between users and organisation. it would simplify the transactions between users if that can be integrated to Splitwise ✌

235 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Venkatesh Gaddam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) responded  · 

Thanks for suggesting UPI as a payment method. We’re looking into UPI, and would like to know your thoughts on how you’d like Splitwise to support UPI:

- Integrate with a UPI app like BHIM or PhonePe
    - Integrate with your banking app
    - Let you send money to a virtual address, phone #, or IFSC from within Splitwise
    - Something else?

Please let us know in the comments!

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ammar, Md commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We, at Equal Experts, have done an MVP where we built an adapter for services to integrate with UPI. Our system can expose API's which can then be used by Splitwise to allow users to settle payments. For more details you drop us a message on twitter @equalexperts @kryptonyoddha and we'll get back to you.
        p.s. just today we were discussing on a use case where Splitwise can integrate with us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tez by google which uses upi is 2nd largest digital payment mode after paytm. U can integrate tez.

• Kartikeya Chaturvedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people do not like to receive money on wallets because they cannot withdraw amount from ATM. They get restricted to use services of wallets. Thus integrating a UPI platform such as PhonePe or Tez would help alot of us.

• Mohit Kesarwani (Photon) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

must add this feature we settle with this itself if it will be integrated this will greatly help user for payment settlement at least I will suggest that u can add request for payment using UPI I'd. that would be enough

• JAMES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allowing users to settle up with Tez and phonepay makes settlement easier than with paytm. as users will be able to settle from bank to bank

• Farhan Riyaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there is an option where we could pay using our UPI ID or using apps like TEZ or PhonePe which are linked to Splitwise. The payment could be recorded in the app automatically and it would reduce a bunch of confusion.

• Bhavana Jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Payment via whatsapp? Since that is also based on top of Upi.. That would make lives much simpler

• Bhavana Jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When settling, I'd like an option to pay via whatsapp since that is based on upi and would directly go to my bank account unlike paytm which goes to my wallet

• Manideep Gvns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this app! But a person need to revisit the app to settle up after making payment to other person. Please integrate UPI with the app and auto settle up the bills.

• Nekhil Guptha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to whatsapp where I can pay directly via whatsapp will be more useful. Other alternatives may be send a notification to BHIM and once user approves in BHIM app then transaction finishes.

• tejas.niphadkar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s better to let us send money to a virtual address from within Splitwise.
        That way we won’t be restricted to use any specific UPI app. Payment request will come to whatever app we are using to access UPI. You can provide an option to add our UPI address to Splitwise profile. This will make payment significantly faster as we won’t have to type receiver’s UPI address everytime we want to send money. Some people keep UPI addresses very long and it is a headache to type it correctly (considering it is case sensitive and can have any combination of numbers)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base