I suggest you ...

Set default currency for groups instead of profile

At the moment the default currency option is tied with your profile. It would be better if it used a default currency for a certain group, and then let the user change it if they wish.

I.E. I live in Australia so normally it would be best if I was paid in AUD, but since I am now staying long term in the US, I would rather be paid back in USD instead.

There is also no option to change the currency of a bill or payment.

173 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Patrick ChungPatrick Chung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthias KrausMatthias Kraus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if one could select a set of currency in a group's settings. Like this only the selected will be shown if you create a new expense - and no scrolling through 10000 currencies is necessary.
        If I travel to the US I would need a list with EUR and USD (some expenses - e.g., from credit cards are in EUR; some in USD -- setting a default currency is therefore not "enough" for convenience)
        Besides that - awesome tool!! Love it!

• JassuJassu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't understand why splitise is still missing this - one of the most important option for travellers.

• Navneet VermaNavneet Verma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You provide an option to change the currency after the group has been made. that will give a better user experience for the first time users and also the other users

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like my default currency to be USD, but i am currently in Australia on vacation and would like to split within just one group in AUD, but keep my default currency to USD.

• shanmukshanmuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Can you support default currency per group. I've couple of groups some of them with my indian friends and some of them with Australian friends. I prefer to have AUD for Australian group and INR for indian group.

• AbhinayAbhinay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Default currency for groups, so it's easy to manage while traveling else need to select from picker every time for new currency

• Catherine CookCatherine Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would like that. I had vacation with my international family : English pounds, french euros and American dollars !

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And another request in that regard, show the value in your own currency :)

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed, it would be a great feature. I love to use Splitwise when I'm on holiday and in that case I want to use the local currency.

Just create a group with the name of the place + date and setting the currency would be fantastic. Bonus points for defaulting to the currency of your current location ;)

• ColinColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same suggestion!

One little thing that could be done also is to show the currency symbol even if it's not the default one. (as of now, only the default currency is represented by its symbol)

I.E I have USD ($) set as default and , for instance, when I have an expense of XXXX in EUR (€), EURXXXX is showed instead of €XXXX.

Lees verbose, much more pretty ;)

Feedback and Knowledge Base