I suggest you ...

Make a button for moving settle-balance from one group to another (i.e. from trip group to some general group)

Usually you have a group of closer friends with whom you often use splitwise and for them you want to have general, never closing, splitwise group. Now for some trips you will very often have some of those friends going with you, as well as some other people. So once the trip is over, it would be highly useful if for those closer friends you can transfer remaining settle balance to the general group. Right now that has to be done manually, meaning virtually settling in a trip group and creating same amount expense in general group. What we need is: One button to rule them all

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Leon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very basic version of this on our website – the “Simplify debts with this person” button, buried under friend settings – but it’s very hard to find, and it’s not very powerful (you can’t specify which group you want to move balances into). I’ll pass on a note about this and see if we can clean up that feature at some point soon :)

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shankar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a User, I want to move the balances of X person from one group to another.

Current Process:

I settle amount of X person in one group and add the balance amount in another group

• Himank Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

suppose there are 2 people name a and b
    they are having 5 group in common and in 3 group a is owing b and other 2 vice versa.
    so you can create a option in the person menu where we see only one amount which you convert all from 5 group. like settle in 4 and remain in only 1.

• Sravan Mankala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be useful when people are common in multiple groups with you. Let's say X and Y are in groups A(say daily expenses i.e. long-term group) and B(say some trip related expense i.e short-term). Transferring of balance from B to A will enable to settle the group rather quickly.

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, unbelievable how badly this is hidden in friends settings. It's exactly what i needed and should be way more prominent.

• Rahat Chawla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the ability to transfer debt for one group to another if I have multiple groups with a person. Something like a consolidation. Some groups are more in use than others so transferring the balance is easier than making a payment to settle up.

• Charlélie Pierrot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have many groups with some people who are in different groups. I would like to transfert debts from one goupe to another
    thx

• Prajesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when people plan trips they create new groups. two friends will be in different groups with different amounts to give or receive. it would be good if one was settled with the outstanding balance transfer to another group

• mahem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let say I need to pay some amt to person X in group A. And we both in group B. Now I need to move the payment in group A to group B as an expanse.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base