Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Itemised billing improvement

Please enable splitting an itemised bill among multiple people. Also, while creating a group, give the ability to add your friends in it too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. to shuffle debts among group members as well as across members of different groups

there should be a feature to shuffle debts between people of same group as well as across different groups, so that number of transactions made can be reduced to minimum.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. editing a bill is a nightmare

if you remove one guy's share from it, then his share doesnt go over the others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable Editing of the Bill in the Mobile App

I'd like to edit just the amount I put in for the bill in mobile.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Mark the group Settled once all payement is done.

Once the group expenses is settled up, is there a way that I can create a checkpoint in the group so that all the new expenses dont include the old ones.

I want to keep all the old records but sort of hide them (or archive them) so that I can see the new shared expenses by default. and incase I need to look into history I can select the checkpoints and see details between those checkpoints.

Another way could be if we could create events within the group and add the expenses related to that event. For example ...…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Total amount on shared bills

Hi, I was wondering if you could add a feature which shows the total amount on the shared bill. Because when someone submits a shared bill, we will know just our share. It would be good if it was like "This is the total amount and your share is this much". Just a thought!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Address book Support

If the app can search the address book to find the name and email of the person then it would be very productive and easy to add people in your group.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,679 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Link contacts by Phone Number

I'm sure you have usage statistics on this, but I'm guessing the primary users of your app are phone-based, and not PC-based (except for features currently not possible in the apps).
    Due to this, contacts should be linked by phone numbers, and debts can be sent by push notifications (another idea I've posted). That'll allow easier addition and maintenance of friends.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now invite friends by phone numbers and receive push notifications. There are still some issues with matching invites to users that we are working on.

Marshall

10. Color Coded Dashboard

A great debt tracking app, Mooch, (which has a lot of it's own limitations) does an interesting job of making sure the dashboard has large numbers, sorted from largest to smallest, and colour coded into reds and greens.
    A feature like this in SplitWise (already there on the website) would be one of those minor things that go a long way in giving satisfaction!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Push Notifications from Splitwise (instead of email)

The current app does a great job of emailing at every action, but after a while these can add up. If possible, SplitWise should store which platform each account holder uses and notify them via push notifications. These can be short, to the point, and would always keep people in the loop.

Plus, email is always a backup, if users choose!

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow a bill to be edited by adding subtracting people from the bill and have the total cost of the bill be split again as per the changes.

Allow a bill to be edited by adding subtracting people from the bill and have the total cost of the bill be split again as per the changes.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now do a best guess on how the split should be updated when you add and remove users. I don’t think we’re likely to try to make it more comprehensive than it currently is.

Marshall

13. Rupee Symbol, Items images and Dash Board

Rupee Symbol: Its does not give feel of Rupee symbol.

Item images: We can put some specific and general images for each items like Vegetables or Rent.

Dash Board: This tab is not very much visible, It as easy to find as an user wants.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update the Dashboard Icon

Currently the +Group (with the Home icon) isn't very intuitive. I click on home and expect to go to my home aka my dashboard. I don't often want to create groups so the sizing of the icon is also a little disparate as it definitely draws my eye.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. how to change group of a bill

how to change group of a bill

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please consider group balance also while showing a friend in positive,negative or settled up section on dashboard

In the group,a person owes to entire group and not to individual, what happens is that if other person(friend) owes me $X from a group and nothing individually i.e. $0 (no individual bill yet) then Splitwise shows that friend under settled up section instead of positive balance section because he owes me $x from group.But currently, untill I post a bill against him individually outside a group he remains in settled up section even if in group he owes some amount $X to me. So ideally my friend should under positive balance section to show that he owes me.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Change the group buttton image

I think the group button is misleading .. It looks like home button. The dashboard button should be more highlighted that the group button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Friend balance on Dash board

Currently All balance on dash board shows personal balance in group and friends separately. Can you show aggregated value from group and friend to treat as main balance rather than clicking on friend name and seeing the details.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. to have a check box which will select all the members and de select all the members at a time

to have a check box which will select all the members and de select all the members in a group

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have plans to add a “select all”/“deselect all” toggle, but there is another way to do this!

In the main “Add bill” form, select the field that says “With you and: [your group]”. Delete the “[your group]” token, then type in the names of the specific people that you want to split the bill with. That way, you can add a bill that is split with only those people, without having to un-check a whole bunch of entries on the “split details” screen. Hope that helps!

20. Show one balance for one person

If possible, combine one individual's balance which is recorded under both "Group" and "Friends" under Dashboard. Otherwise its very confusing on how much each of my friends have to pay me!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base