I suggest you ...

Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

850 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh BenjaminJosh Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daryl FontaineDaryl Fontaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not scheduled​ for implementation yet? It's an easy win and the most requested item. A non 50/50 split is a common use case and entering this for each item in SplitWise is a nightmare currently that has me looking to switch to another product.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any way to customize the split unequally by shares settings for a group?? Each time it is required to give the number of shares for the person as input..

• Kyle CarsonKyle Carson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like the ability to set a default for "expense details".

i.e.,

In my apartment, I pay for 70% of shared expenses. I'd like to be able to use that as a default when adding bills.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please add this! I was just complaining to my girlfriend about how Splitwise is great apart from not having this function. You have to press 7 different buttons to have unequal split settings and to do that for each expense in a group is ridiculous.

• Margot ManasevitMargot Manasevit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went to make a post about this and realized it was already the #1 request. Looking forward to seeing that added!

• Jorge corderoJorge cordero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when you add something new you can split by percentage, but we have a group that by default the expenses have to be split with a fixed percentage and makes complicated everytime something new is added set this percentage.
        could be useful to have the posibility to setup the percentage as part of the group settings

• Allan RinardAllan Rinard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on, team, it's been requested by so many people, for five years now! It's the one thing I'm missing from this app -- every single entry, it's so many damn steps to make it a 2-1 split.

• ErrrrwinErrrrwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Answer from Splitwise Support:

Hi there,

I'm sorry if we made you feel ignored! This is still something we're still looking into doing, but we're a tiny team and it can take a while for us to get to adding features. We've been looking at building this even before the suggestion was sent in, but it's unfortunately not a simple change and we've had a lot of other things to work on.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Cheers,
        Marshall

• ErrrrwinErrrrwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hellooooo?? Anybody there??? This idea is posted in 2012, commented on by Splitwise Support in 2015. We are now in the year 2017, 740 votes and 90 comments further. When will this useful improvement, as you stated yourself, be implemented? Please let us, the users of Splitwise, know!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base