Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Allow negative adjustments in Split by Adjustment

Allow split by adjustment to not only add but subtract amounts. For instance, removing someone from a $5 purchase of eggs on an otherwise equal grocery bill if they are vegan.

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. show group total by category spending

so I know how much I spent on a trip by category

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Split the dashboard and collection information according to currencies

Dashboard summary currently only shows total balances for 1 currency, can we split into multiple the same can be done for "You Owe" and "You are Owed" sections

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure this is quite how we’d do it, but improving multiple currency display in the dashboard is something we can look into when we have the time.

Marshall

5. create a billing currency within a group

Even though it is possible to enter different currencies within a group, it is not possible to create just one bill containing only one currency. That would require to have real-time currency exchange rates in order to transform all payments directly into the billing currency. Something like that would be very helpful for travellers who don't just stay within one country and use different currencies.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, but in general, we’re not planning to add additional currency conversion features to the app at this time. The feedback we’ve received on our current set of conversion features suggests that there may not be a fair solution to the currency conversion problem that is generally acceptable. Until we can come up with a good design to get around this issue, we’ll continue to mostly keep currencies separate. Sorry I don’t have a better solution for you!

Marshall

6. Automated payment reminders to friends to pay club memberships

We have a club, where we would have about 10-15 people pay around $100 every 3 months, how can we set this up on an automated basis, so they get email reminders that we will take the money from them as agreed

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a couple of features that come close to solving this issue (recurring expenses and reminders), but neither of them quite work in your case. We’ll take a look at this next time we’re working on either of these systems.

Marshall

7. I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment on a bill

If I over or under pay on a bill, I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment to provide evidence of the overcharge

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense. Adding photo support for comments isn’t on our roadmap yet, but hopefully it’s something we can include in a future update.

8. Select a couple of the leading personal expense apps and make splitwise compatible, so that costs added on splitwise can automatically add

Cross compatibility with a leading personal expense calculator app (e.g. IExpenseit ) would exponentially increase the value the app adds to life. Splitwise is great, but if you are tracking all expenses, you are constantly doing double handling.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely we’ll do this kind of integration, but I’ll leave this up to see if other people are interested in this idea. The main issue with this kind of integration is that it’s a very challenging design problem to figure out how to integrate with a budgeting app in a way that makes sense to people using it. Over the lifetime of Splitwise, we’ve discovered a lot of interesting things about how people think about splitting money. I’m not sure we’re up to taking on the same task for how people think about budgeting.

Marshall

9. Intelligently Choose Year in Quick Add

When entering expenses in the quick add form, it always picks the current year if you just enter a dd/MM date. I would imagine that most people using this are going to be entering past expenses, but if you use this for entering last year's expenses after new year, then the year goes in wrong. For example, I've entered an expense on 24/12, which gets interpreted in 2017.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion – that definitely makes sense! Quick-add is a pretty infrequently used part of Splitwise, so this probably won’t be fixed right away, but hopefully it’s something we can take a look at before 2018 :)

10. Using several phone numbers

I am an international person and I use several international phone numbers. I would like to use all together in the same Splitewise account.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the Spending Breakdown table sortable or at least order it by amount spent

Also, I don't see a reason to provide my name and email every time I want to give feedback…while logged in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. This is a sensible request that I can see us considering next time we make an update to the spending breakdown view.

Our support system is run by a third party (UserVoice). We don’t have a way to automatically pass them your info when you go to access support from the web app, hence the ask.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble — the tour does get shown every time you log in, even if you’re a returning user. This was the best way to implement it at the time, and users rarely log out so we weren’t too worried about it. Hopefully we can make the logic more sophisticated some day. Regards.

14. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! The activity list has a 1 minute delay after expense adds to make it possible to correct obvious errors before notifications/activity items are added. We’ve had a lot of complaints like yours, though, so we’re considering changing this.

Marshall

15. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our system depends on using 2 decimal places right now, which doesn’t make sense with a lot or currencies like INR. It’s not something we’re going to be able to fix soon, but it is something we’re hoping to get to eventually.

Marshall

16. Use the same format for 'details' version of payments -

In the product today there are 2 ways to view who needs to pay what to someone else.
    1- Hovering over the person's summary page on the right hand side
    2- Clicking on 'see details' underneath everyone's summary

The visualization for Hover is a million times easier to understand than when clicking 'get details', but I have to click 'get details' because otherwise I can't see all of the payments that need to happen all at once.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. List view: "Recurring" label not visible on longer entries

In list view, if the text of the bill / entry is longer than ca. 30 characters, it gets truncated with a "..." at the end. Since the "recurring" label (as well as the chat / notes label and the attachment / photo label) get appended at the end of the bill title, they end up being not visible for longer bill titles.

IMHO all this would be solved nicely if all these labels (recurring, chat / comment, attachment / photo) would be added in a separate row under the bill title.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. 64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting. I just had a look at Monzo’s API documentation: https://monzo.com/docs/#introduction it doesn’t seem like they support p2p transfers at the moment.

Splitwise is always looking to integrate with new payment partners across the world, if we get support for this in the future and there’s enough demand for it, we might consider implementing this in the future.

19. adjust the german translations

In the summary of payments with a person or group the app says "Du leihst" in german for things you paid and the other(s) owe you. But "Du leihst" means "You take mony from someone else" whiich is not what you ment, I think. I would suggest a translation "Du zahltest" which means "You paid" :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. To change the" total sum check" error message position from "Enter each person's share "screen to "Add bill " screen

When adding an expense paid by multiple people split wise performs the total sum check at "Enter each person's share" screen itself. So ,it's not possible to go back and correct the total amount if it was entered wrong. If I go back, then the enetered shares are lost . Though there are a couple of work arounds for this ,it would be better if the check is performed before the expense is saved .

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base