I suggest you ...

Disable Debt Simplification

An option to disable debt shuffling within friends.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Splitwise SupportAdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Splitwise SupportAdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) responded  · 

Debt simplification can be disabled in groups on the group settings screen – just turn the “simplify debts?” switch to off under “Advanced settings”.

We don’t currently have a setting to block yourself from debt simplifications among friends, but it’s something we may consider in the future. In the meantime, you can revert a debt simplification at any time by deleting any part of it, and the entire transaction will be undone.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • InduIndu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could the feature in which you can block yourself from debt shuffling in a group be implemented soon?

• Paul FoxPaul Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trust but verify. I had a whole group that was new to this. We had to do the math in excel and split wise once but when everyone could see that it was correct they shifted from disbelief to wonder. I don't get any questions about it anymore.

Split wise - this is a great feature that scares people. I think it would help everyone if you just made it easier to see what it's doing. On a trip with 8 people we only had to do 6 money transfers at the end. I think if the person that owes the most always buys next we can get it so that the balance is negligible at the end.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my whole group will end up moving out of splitwise, if this is not implemented soon.

• HarryHarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this feature be implemented? It seems pretty simple and what users want, please listen to user community.

• ajeetajeet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys this is the single reason, why I have not come to Splitwise yet. !!!!

After debit simplification, I just can't understand how come I end up owing so much money to someone...I know math will be correct, but if there is a trasaction which I want to dispute, it will be lost forever !!!

Me (and my 9 friends), want this feature !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base