Skip to content

General

16 results found

1. Ability to use a calculator when entering bill

When entering a bill, it would be handy if there's a quick plus button there so that I can add multiple items fast and easy.

Currently there's an empty button on the number pad that shows up which I think could very well be used for simple plus/minus calculations.

955 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    152 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We just added a very basic calculator function to our web app, so you can now use basic mathematical operations when entering a cost (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). We hope to add similar features to our mobile apps at some point in the future!

2. Family/Couples' account

When I was using Billmonk a few years ago, my wife and I started out with separate accounts, but since we share finances, often times we'd be repaying debts for one another (since we have the same friends) and it got confusing. My solution was to just turn my account into "Joe&Jane Smith" and have all our expenses go through one account and removed her account completely.

I'm not sure the ideal implementation for this situation. Perhaps a "family account." Perhaps the ability to add multiple email addresses would work (but unlike a previous feature request, this application would be…

501 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise has some basic support for this now, depending on what you’re looking for. We now support multiple email addresses for a single account, so you can more easily share one account with multiple people.

However, we won’t automatically adjust how much you should owe as a “couple”. For example, if “Bob” adds an expense with “Sue and John’s Couple Account”, then the bill will be split 50/50 between those two Splitwise accounts. I can definitely see how it would be useful to automatically make Sue and John pay for 2 shares, but we’re unlikely to add that feature in the near future. For now, you can still work around this by manually using the “Split by shares” option when adding a bill, and assigning 2 shares to the relevant account.

3. Integrate Paytm with Splitwise

You're building a great eco-system of applications and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations for that !

I was wondering if it was possible to integrate Paytm (https://paytm.com/) for payments with Splitwise. It will be a very convenient alternative for a lot of users.

285 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    97 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. let the user add values using a comma (,) as a separator.

We'd be happy if you considered to add to possibility to add values separated by a comma instead of a period as used in most of Europe as well as in South America and other Regions as shown in the map here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

270 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be how both the iPhone and Android app work at this point (please let us know if this is broken for you on either of those). We still have not fixed this issue on the website, though it is something we plan to do.

Marshall

5. 235 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    67 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable Debt Simplification

An option to disable debt shuffling within friends.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Debt simplification can be disabled in groups on the group settings screen – just turn the “simplify debts?” switch to off under “Advanced settings”.

We don’t currently have a setting to block yourself from debt simplifications among friends, but it’s something we may consider in the future. In the meantime, you can revert a debt simplification at any time by deleting any part of it, and the entire transaction will be undone.

7. Add a payment gateway

Provide a way to pay the people to whom we owe.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Navneet! We support a few options in the US (PayPal and Venmo), and we just added an integration with Paytm for our Indian users. We’d love to add more. Hopefully in the future!

8. View balance by month

It would be nice to be able to view balances by specific month (or other time period). My partner and I settle expenses on a monthly basis, but sometimes we add expenses for the current month before the previous month's balance has been settled. Once those expenses are added, it is it difficult to remember what the previous month's balance was.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our mobile apps don’t really support this yet, but we do have something like this on our website – just log in, go to a particular friend or group, and click the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month’s bills. You’ll get a summary that includes balances at the beginning and end of the month, as well as net change for the month.

9. Statistical data per category of expense.

Instead of naming the bill, make it so that you choose a category and add a comment. then export statistics per week or month for every kind of categorized expense so that we can have more info on the expenses.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’d love to add better support for categories over time, and we already do support this to some extent. When adding an expense, tap on the expense icon to choose a category for the expense. Later, you can export a spreadsheet that includes category information about all of your expenses.

On our website, you can also view a monthly spending breakdown by category by clicking on the “Trends” button at the top of the right sidebar, then clicking the “View full details” link.

10. Better internationalization

Many languages uses "," for decimal divider and the SEK symbol "kr" is placed after the amount:
    "1,5 kr" instead of "kr 1.5"

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d definitely like to bring better internationalization to the website. Our iOS app should already use proper internationalization in most places, and I believe our Android app does the same (though I’m not 100% sure). Hopefully we’ll find time to improve this later this year!

11. You have a typo in your German Ad-Blocker text :)

Wrong text: "Bitte unterstütze Splitwise, indem du deinen Freunden on uns erzählst!"

Correct text: "Bitte unterstütze Splitwise, indem du deinen Freunden von uns erzählst!"

("on" should be "von")

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep the details of the deleted bill intact.

I would suggest to keep the details of the deleted bill intact even if it is deleted. Allow viewing of the deleted bill in detail from dashboard instead of just showing a message in the event list that the bill was deleted. This will permit viewing of any bill that has been deleted by mistake and any unauthorised delete can be detected.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

If you look at a deleted bill in the Android and iPhone app from the recent activity feed, you can see the details of the bill and undelete it if you want.

Marshall

13. Automatic mail trigger for settlement

Automatic mail should be trigger to me inorder remain me for settlement. the remainder mail can be monthly or weekly or biweekly based on the setup done by the user

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

By default, Splitwise sends a monthly summary email to all users, telling them about the expenses that have been added this month and reminding them how much they owe. We’ve talked about adding an option to receive this email weekly, but I’m not sure if/when that will happen.

14. Delayed Viewing

It would be really cool if the monthly reoccurring bills could have a delayed notification. For instance, if I put in a bill due on Oct 10 (reoccurring) it would actually show up as a transaction for the involved parties on Oct 3 (one week early, or any set time). That way it doesn't say my roommates owe me for a bill due over a month away. Thanks, great app!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on to the team at our next meeting.

For now, you can sort of do this already for future copies of recurring bills. When adding a recurring bill, you have the option to set a “Reminder” period (e.g. “Remind me one week in advance”). When Splitwise sends out the reminder for the next bill, it’ll add that bill to Splitwise at the same time. As a result, your next bill will be posted exactly a week in advance (or whatever time period you choose). Hope that helps!

15. Authentication

Can you please add pre-existing login authentication (eg FB or Google)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to change group member at any stage...

Kindly add option to change the group member. For example, person "X" with email id "X@yahoo.com" has been added to the group "Alps Trek" and also some expenses has been added in the group with say equal distribution, it should still be possible to add same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com". Ultimately dropping person "X" "X@yahoo.com" and transferring expenses on her name to same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Splitwise allows you to change a person’s email address if they haven’t claimed their account yet, though that may not be clear on mobile (you have to do it by going to that friend’s page and opening the “Friend settings” screen, instead of doing it from the group settings screen). Hopefully we can update our group settings page on mobile soon, so that you can update a person’s email address directly from that screen.

Once the other person has already accepted their invite, you can no longer update their email address, since it’s their account at that point. Hope that helps!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base