General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. If you use "split equally" remove the checkbox-feature.

I came across multiple people who put expenses as split equally but unchecked themselves from the expense. It's a very sneaky thing to do and you have to manually check the expense. So if you add people to an expense and you choose to split equally the ability to remove people should be more clear, like putting a warning on the activity like "split equally among unequal people" or something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be easy to miss if used maliciously, though it is also an intentional feature. (In some groups, it’s quite common for people to add bills that don’t involve themselves.)

2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Payments need proper highlight

I see the payments part unclear and almost invisible. Rather payments should be more highlights with some green LEDs if possible. Also I feel they should be right aligned and shown in negative values as in Bank statements.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this type of view would be helpful and easy to read. We’re always looking at ways to improve our users experience. I’ll bring this up with the team at our next company meeting and see if it’s something we can get on the schedule.

4. Mix facebook and google account

You should be able to mix your facebook acount with your google (using boths to log-in for ex) and take your profile picture and contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Modification in exported CSV report

Can we have total number of expense entries against each member name .lets say there are total 50 expense entry, we want to know entry counts of each member (for e. g A has 35 , b has 15 out of 50 )

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Feature: Credit Card charges for use abroad

Dear developers,

we recently completed a trip abroad and our credit card company adds a surcharge for use abroad of 1.75% - It would be great if we could have optionally selected that for CC charges.

Best regards,
    Christian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though I’m not immediately sure of the best way to include it in our design. I’ll pass on this suggestion at a future team meeting and add it to our list of possible improvements.

8. Provide a Document Center

I am planning on using Split Wise as a hub for running our apartment.

It would be nice to have a small communal document area to store some of our agreements. As an example, I would like to upload a roommate agreement that was signed by all of the roommates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely that we’ll do this – we really want to focus on just the expense sharing problem. If we get a lot of votes here, we’ll reconsider this.

Marshall

9. Need summary of shuffle by graph within group

Give proper steps or GRAPH on how the debt is shuffled across the members in a group.

If this feature is already , please let me know ....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have nested groups

I’m suggesting to have nested groups. So for example, I’m my apartment group, I might need to make another group for all the groceries we bought this week and next week for another purchase, I can make a new sub group saying “Walmart <Date>”. Please see if you can accommodate this. This will be really helpful.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't suggest individuals to pay back. Treat the group as the important entity.

Feature request.
    An option to treat the group as an entity such that instead of being told I owe person x report back that I owe the group (or the group owes me)

I don't need to see suggestions of who I pay back, because I will be paying to the group next time I pay for something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you should be able to do this by just ignoring the suggested repayments, and only paying attention to your total group balance. Apologies for the trouble!

13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently printable monthly summaries and statistics are only available on our website. I’m leaving this under review to see how many other users would appreciate this feature.

Best,
    Jon

14. Like button

Would love the ability to “like” a transaction

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add colours to "friend'" names in groups

Adding colours to names would make it easier/quicker to identify who paid what

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We’d love to help facilitate logins to Utility providers, but for security reasons, we plan to add some additional layers of security (optional PIN login, stronger password controls, and external auditing) before we provide anything that should be good enough for storing login data securely. For now, I would not recommend storing login data or account details in any of the data entry fields on Splitwise.

- Jon

17. allow me to create an expense while on any page

i'm on the search page right now and i'd like to create expenses directly from here since i'm using the results on the search page to see what expenses i haven't added yet from this particular vendor. i can't do that without going into a new tab or going back to search!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. email notifications in digest format

When I settle up with my roommates, we usually settle up at the same time. When we do, I often get a barrage of notifications and email, one or more of each from all my roommates.

It would be great to get a single email with all of the transactions from the last 24 hours (or 12 hours, or 1 hour...) instead of a barrage of emails, or at least be able to snooze or modify my email notification settings.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! We’d like to do better digest emails at some point (like our monthly summary, but for weekly or daily updates), but we just haven’t gotten around to it yet :) For now, if you’d like to turn off some of the emails you’re getting, you can change your notification preferences from your account settings page. Hope that helps!

19. Expense more easily by multiple people

It would be really helpful if it were easier to expense costs as paid by two people, from a shared account of a couple paying for a larger group. Right now, we always have to divide the price by two and enter those amounts manually.

Splitting the payment evenly over multiple people would be a simple first step toward this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My total share in WEB app

In Android app there is a 'Group spending summary' screen where I can select 'All time' mode and see how much did the trip cost to me.
    In the WEB app this screen shows data only for one month at a time that is inconvenient if trip didn't fit in a single month. Please, add 'All time' mode to WEB app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base