Have certain groups within groups
We went on a trip from different parts of India and 2 to 3 people were from same state. They want to get it settled combined from their side to other people on the trip and want a separate internal expense list so that they could settle it within their group. I would recommend you to add this feature for more functionality.
Thanks for the interesting idea, but groups are confusing enough so I can’t see us ever doing this. But I understand the use case and we’ll continue to think about how to handle that case simply or elegantly.
For example I would like to pay for a few people in the group.
It would be helpful to group and tag certain expenses together, and then it would also be clear which expenses applied to specific events and/or were settled together. For example - 4 expenses associated with a birthday party. And these would be distinctly grouped separately from two miscellaneous expenses for dinner.
Say, there is a large group of 50 people. Of these smaller groups, go out for picnics, trips, outings etc. may be in groups of 6 -10. All the expense data will be entered in the large group, with an additional tag or sub category. I find the following advantages
- Expense for the particular trip, which would have lot of sub entries can be tracked easily based on the tag, rather than searching from the big group
- People can be selectively added to the sub group, and it can be used to add multiple expense for the particular event easily.
- Members involved in the sub group can easily verify the entries at a later stage, not having to sift through numerous entries.
- Option to keep the entries in the sub group in a private visibility mode
- Most importantly, at a higher level, the simplify debt option should work for the large group, with expense of sub group working like a single bill