Skip to content

General

238 results found

1. Add Apple Wallet / Passbook Integration

Imagine opening you Apple wallet and you see a card saying "you still owe £150". Might make you think twice before spending more money on your Apple card. What a great way to remind you you still owe money. A split wise widget reminder right inside your digital wallet.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to use "open in Splitwise" for pictures or pdfs of receipts

I use an app called CamScanner to scan my receipts because it crops the receipts and applies a whitening filter to make it look very nice.

I can save this to my camera roll and then import them into splitwise but it would be nice to be able to press "open in splitwise" for any image or pdf. You would have to register the file types your app supports.

Description of technology by Apple:
    If your app is capable of opening specific types of files, you should register that support with the system. This allows other apps, through the iOS…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 0.00 expenses

I'm interested in using the app to split chores. So when a roommate does a group chore like taking out the trash or cleaning the kitchen, they can record it on the app. Other roommates can check the app and give credit where credit is due like saying thank you or returning the favor in the future.

This prevents roommate initiative from going unnoticed and helps align expectations. One of the most common issues arising from living with other people is different levels of expectations and initiative. One person might be disgusted with the kitchen while another doesn't mind at…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Brandon – thanks for the feedback! We’d definitely considering adding better support for chores in the future, though we probably wouldn’t do it via $0 expenses (both for design reasons and for technical reasons, believe it or not). For now, you could try using the whiteboard feature for groups (web-only unfortunately, at the top of the right sidebar), or you could add a $0.01 expense. (You can even assign the whole balance of the expense to yourself, so that it doesn’t affect anyone’s total balances.)

4. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. iPhone app notification

I have badge app notifications (the red circle that is in the corner of the app) turned on on my iphone, but all I get is a banner that pops up when an expense has been added. I don't want to get e-mails or texts, is it possible for a badge to appear? Also once I or the other person have settled up, can we receive a notification? Thanks

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – sorry for the trouble! I’m afraid the Splitwise app only supports emails or push notifications right now, and not badges on the app icon. Splitwise should send you a push notification by default any time that another person adds a bill or payment with you, but you can turn off those notifications from the “notifications” section of the settings screen.

7. A way to show settle up amount for just the past month

I settle up on the first of the month or shortly thereafter. I'd like to see the settle up amount for just the previous month and exclude any recurring bills for next month that are already starting to showing up.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Two possible solutions for you:

If you use groups: Have you tried clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month on our website? That link includes a total for each person for JUST that month, so that you can see how much each person spent/owes for a given month.

If you’re splitting all your bills with one other person: The “Trends” tab in the right-hand sidebar also includes a summary of monthly expenses. Click the “Trends” button at the top of the sidebar, then click the “View full charts” link at the bottom of the sidebar. You’ll be able to see your expenses broken down by category, as well as your total balance for the month.

If that doesn’t do what you’re looking for, let me know and I’ll pass on the suggestion.

8. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Using Chillr as a payment method in India

Hello Splitwise Team,

Your app is amazing and we, the sub 30 population in India use it and love it a lot

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’re definitely open to integrating with more payment providers in the future, and we’d love to start adding payment methods in India. Chillr doesn’t appear to have a public API right now, which we’d need in order to integrate, but we’ll keep them in mind for future updates!

10. Allow the android app to rotate its display

Many thanks for the v3 app! It looks awesome already. But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't support rotation. It's my impression that rotation in Android Apps was a simple thing to add.. (I might be wrong though).

Hope this get's added. It's necessary for tablets :P
    .. And for my phone with a pull-out keyboard (HTC Desire Z).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We’d love to add rotation support at some point, but it’s actually a fair bit of work to make sure that everything works properly when rotated. It’s on our list of possible app improvements, but it will probably be a while before we seriously consider it. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

11. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please consider a first year free and subsequently a $1/year subscription model like WhatsApp used to have.

Occasionally Splitwise will ask me to consider paying $x/month. I use Splitwise just once or twice a month for splitting movie tickets and dinner with friends. A monthly subscription would be a little too much but I am open to paying a $1 fee per year even for the non-Pro version like what WhatsApp used to have.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to show only the transactions that involve me

This feature to hide transactions which do not involve me is already present in the web. So it would be great if the same is present in mobile.

It is particularly useful if you have a large group.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Manu – thanks for posting this in our forum! This would definitely be a nice improvement on our mobile apps, especially for large groups :) Hopefully it’s something we can work on next year!

14. Add Split Screen to iPad App

Would be great to have the ability to use your app in split screen mode, so I can have my expenses and split wise open!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a date wise separator

Please add a date wise separator so that expenses can be segregated between dates of a trip.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Just to be clear: are you asking for each day’s expenses (e.g. June 1, June 2, etc) to be separated? If so, I’ll pass on that suggestion and see what the rest of the team thinks.

16. Select a couple of the leading personal expense apps and make splitwise compatible, so that costs added on splitwise can automatically add

Cross compatibility with a leading personal expense calculator app (e.g. IExpenseit ) would exponentially increase the value the app adds to life. Splitwise is great, but if you are tracking all expenses, you are constantly doing double handling.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely we’ll do this kind of integration, but I’ll leave this up to see if other people are interested in this idea. The main issue with this kind of integration is that it’s a very challenging design problem to figure out how to integrate with a budgeting app in a way that makes sense to people using it. Over the lifetime of Splitwise, we’ve discovered a lot of interesting things about how people think about splitting money. I’m not sure we’re up to taking on the same task for how people think about budgeting.

Marshall

17. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Name Diners and Itemize in Plates

It would make it convenient to be able to name diners in the Plates app. This well help identifying which plate belongs to the individual diner.

Another nice feature would be the ability to type in the items off of a receipt so when you send out the split check your friends see what they ordered and not just a line item dollar amount.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! You can actually already name diners in the Plates app, though it’s a bit hidden – just tap on a plate while you’re adding items, and then tap on the name displayed in the column on the left. You’ll be able to type in a name for that plate. It’s pretty basic, but I hope it helps!

I’ll pass on your suggestion about naming items – I know we left that out at first in order to keep Plates as slim and fast as possible, but I definitely see how it’d be useful for some people. For now, I’m sorry for any inconvenience!

19. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow setting a limit to how much someone can owe you and if it goes above it, keep sending reminders after regular interval.

Lets say, a friend owes me monthly $50. If after couple of months he has still not paid up I should be able to set an upper limit to how much someone can owe me. If the limit is crossed, Splitwise should keep sending reminders after regular interval to my friend.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Smaran, thanks for the suggestion! We’ve been thinking about ways to improve our reminders, and I could see how this could be very useful, so I’ll pass on the idea at our next design meeting.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base