Skip to content

General

238 results found

1. Create a payment by sharing a picture/document from Android

Allow adding a doc/pic as attachment to a new payment by using the share button on android and choosing Splitwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Force Touch Request: Settle Up

It would be great to have a feature where similarly to the "Add Bill" Force Touch feature on iOS home pages, if you could force touch and go straight to "Settle Up"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would be a great addition to the home screen quick actions on iOS. Right now only a small portion of our iPhone users have force touch / quick actions, so it’s not a priority for us, but it’s something we’d like to add to in the future!

3. Reporting

How can I see all expenses I have made since day 1 in all group? Basically I need a feature to tell me how much I have spent by time and group. If we can aggregate by these two dimensions, it's awesome. If we can just get a summary, it's still very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! I’m afraid there’s not an easy way to do this for ALL groups, but you can export your groups one at a time, either by using the “Export as spreadsheet” feature or the “View printable summary” feature (web-only). That should give you a complete breakdown of all the transactions in that individual group. Hopefully we can add better full-account reporting features in the future!

4. In Plates, display list of participants and what they owe

Plates is a great app. The best of its kind.

However, it would be nice to be able to display a list at the end, showing each person's name (or number) and the base, tip, tax, & total amounts for that person, with grand total at the end. Then the phone or tablet could be passed around the table so each person can see their amount due.

The list should be tabular, like a spreadsheet, with one row per person, and five columns for the name, base, tip, tax, total amounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think this is something we’re likely to do, but I’ll leave this up and see if it gets a lot of support. We do have requests to add names to plates in the app and tapping on each plate will show a breakdown of the total at the end, which seems like it would handle this use case.

5. Integrate with SwedBank

Integrate quick payment with SwedBank API.
    Android SDK https://github.com/swedbank/android-banklink

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Plates: Real-time bill

Sometimes it can be very challenging to keep up with who orders what and how much. Sometimes we spend a bit of time asking around. How about real-time bill? This allows the host (or whoever is willing to use the app) to actively split the bill during the event and it is time-stamped.

Scenario:
    -5 friends show up and orders a few drinks
    -20 min later, they order snacks
    -30 min later, 2 more friends shows up and places more orders
    -Repeat until all friends are present and placed all orders.

Issue (towards the end):
    -Some were drunk. They don’t…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Beauty - New Tag

Hi there. May you guys put a new item called Beauty (At Life Style group set)? It will be useful for example when I want to register a hair cut, a manicure or pedicure (finger nails), a SPA session, etc.

Than you very much in advance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrate with paynow/PayLah!

Hi! I was wondering if you guys would be interested to add paylah!/ paynow (most commonly used mode of payment in Sinagpore) to settle up payments between accounts . Thanks! Xoxo

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d love to add more payment integrations to make it easier to settle up right from Splitwise. Thanks for the suggestion! I will leave this open for further voting for now.

11. Total payable amount breakdown while sending reminder

Hi there,

Great work with the app. I downloaded the app today, used it for a while and I think I am gonna stick with it for a long long time. Its very useful for me. A couple of ideas or suggestions i would like to give though-

1) while sending reminder, it would be great if i could send a screenshot of the expenses owed by my friend at the other end. May be a screenshot or a simple breakdown of the expenses, it would be very helpful.

2) its irritating that everytime i have to assign a bill…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll pass ‘em on at our meeting on Monday, but here’s a quick response:

1) Good thought! We do provide a link to Splitwise in the reminder email, where that person can log in and view the full list of bills, but it could definitely be nice to see the list directly in the email.

2) You’re definitely not the first to ask for this, but there are a few reasons we haven’t done it. The first is selfish – requiring invites helps Splitwise to grow, which allows us to keep the service free rather than having to charge. The second reason is user confusion – you’d be surprised how often people email us wondering why they can’t see the bills their friend added, or why their copy of the app shows a different balance than their friend’s (usually because they email addresses they’re using don’t…

12. Add Passbook support!

Would be great if passbook was supported, we could quickly check to see the split balance of someone I regularly split lunch with...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting suggestion – I’ll pass it on! My current understanding is that Passbook has some issues with keeping perfectly in sync (i.e. the Passbook only syncs its passes once every few hours), but it may be that that behavior has changed, or that the behavior will get better with iOS 8.

13. More categories and change payer default

I have 2 ideas after using your app to control a eurotrip with my husband and parents to Europe (btw, I love this app!! total life saver!)

1. More categories, such as theater and other expenses.
    2. Sometimes I forget to go back and change who paid the bill. I should be able to choose if I want to be asked for who paid the bill
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggesting!

1. We do add new categories from time to time. I’m leaving this as under review so if we get a lot of votes for this we know a lot of people would use a theater category. We have a general category, would “other expenses” be different than this?

2. I do this myself from time to time, so I know it can be annoying. Our solution to this is to make it easy for anyone on the expense to edit the expense if there are mistakes on it. You can also opt-in to notifications when an expense gets updated or added to help keep track of things. If we were to add a feature like this, it would be for everyone and not a setting. Given how almost all expenses are paid for by the person who adds them, I don’t think the added annoyance…

14. I believe India got a huge market for this app.

If possible try have a share option so that people can share there dues & bills on apps like whatsapp. I think u guys must start advertising for this product. Mostly students and Bachelors.
    You can charge a nominal charge of just ₹ 50 / year in India. This app deserves to have in app purchases, as it's dealing with real money.
    Note: try keeping it add free!!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! We’re mostly focused on the US, since that’s where our company is based, but we care a lot about India too, and there are lots of Indian users on Splitwise.

Right now, we offer an optional Pro version with some extra paid features, and we might add in-app purchases in the future. We definitely plan to keep Splitwise ad-free, and we plan to always offer a free version to get people started. If you want to support Splitwise, the best thing you can do is tell your friends about us – it’s free and it helps us grow! :)

15. Change the way you notify users of new expenses!

Hi Guys,

Maybe I am just an idiot, but I keep on making the same mistake over and over with Splitwise.

The problem is that when someone adds an expense where I owe them XX amount, i get normally get a push notification for that specific expense. Lets say my house mate adds an expense where I owe him 100. I then get a notification that says an expense of 100 has now been added. Almost every time this happens, my thought process is, 'Cool, I'll quickly pay that person the 100 that i owe them". The problem is, I…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Show monthly total that x owes me as of that month

Consider the case if users are not settling up bills months and some time after if i want to check whats x owes me as of previous month end. Show the total that x owes me at end of that month for all previous months in "all transactions list".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can view this currently from our website – just log in, then go to a friend or group, and then click the “View printable summary” link at the top of each month’s expenses. We hope to bring something similar to our mobile apps in the future. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

17. Group summary

A group would have many transactions that are not split equally. And so it is very useful to know exactly what the status of a particular group is. Total group's expenditure, my share, etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! There’s not any way to do this from our mobile apps right now, but there are a few possibilities on our website – if you go to a group, you can either pull up a printable summary (click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses) or export your bills to a spreadsheet (click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then click “Export as spreadhsheet”). Hope that helps a bit for now!

19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some Enhancement suggestions

Hi,

I am using splitwise for months now. it is very good tool to split the expenses.

I guess few more features would be even more useful for the daily users like me. Below are some of the features i can think of

1. We are using to split the expenses made for Apartments, trips etc. Though we can able to know How much we owe and owed, there is no option for us to find the total expenses made in that particular Trip or Particular group. it would be great, if you could add the feature of total expenses for…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the message! Here are a few quick responses:

1) Yep, we definitely want to do a better job of showing totals! Hopefully that’s something you’ll see in the near future.

2) Actually, you can already export to Excel from our website: just choose a group or friend, then click the settings button at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. We’re working on bringing this feature to our mobile apps, too.

3) If you click on an expense to view its details, then it should give you a history of all edits made to that expense – if the cost was changed, if people were added or removed, etc. You can also see a brief history of all changes by going to the “Recent activity” screen, which shows all recent changes in your account.

4) Other people have also asked for the ability to…

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base