Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. "Ready to Settle" Button/Status for Groups

One pain point I've noticed is that right after a trip, some people in a group settle up before all the trip expenses are added to the group. Then, they have to settle up again after the further expenses are added.
    It is very tempting to jump the gun and press that settle-up button.

We usually have a parallel text message chain about who is ready to settle up.

It would be great if each member of a group could set their status to "Not Ready to Settle/Still have expenses to enter" (Red) or "Ready to Settle/All expenses entered" (Green)…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to plan for future expenses where no one has paid yet

Make the “payer” optional. One person submits rent payments but we want a way to track payments coming up when no one has paid yet that just shows who to send the money to without saying the person already paid for it. we just need a way to check off who has paid and who hasn’t.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow an option for "Payment Pending"

Often, my friends will send me checks as a form of payment. It would be useful if you were able to mark a payment as Pending as a middle ground between paid and unpaid.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the idea – we used to do just that! In Splitwise’s first beta, all payments were marked as pending, and the payee could click when they had actually deposited the check or confirmed they got the cash. But it seemed to confuse a lot of people. We aren’t planning to add this back in at the moment, but I can see why you’d want it and we’ll keep your suggestion in mind.

4. Allow users to create payment containers to easily track who has paid what

Housing costs aren't the only thing included in rent payment. T.V., Internet, Electricity, Water, Garbage, etc all make up rent.

Please allow a designated person in an apartment to create smaller sub-payments and include them in a larger payment container (for example Electricity bill, Internet bill would go in the payment container 'Rent'), and then allow users to select/un-select what they are paying for when they pay 'Rent'.

This would allow us to easily tell who has paid for what and who has debts currently outstanding and allow us to track that information.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Craig – thanks posting. I confess, I’m not sure I know exactly you mean, but does marking specific shares of an expense as paid by specific people cover what your asking? Right now, we treat everything as one big bucket, but many users would like us to allow expenses to be marked as individually paid and we are strongly considering supporting that.

Thanks either way!
    - Jon

5. MULTIPLE FRIENDS ADD

I NEED A PAGE 4 MANAGING FRIENDS, ADD, DELETE ...MULTIPLE FRIENDS, WITH AT A GLANCE VIEW OF ALL THE FRIENDS

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. adding a do by date and google calender integration

When creating a new bill, I suggest that you can add a do by date on the bill and also allow integration with your google calender or allow it to add it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re planning on bringing more integration to Splitwise in the near future (Including Google contacts). Bringing in the calendar is a pretty sweet idea that I could see being a huge help if you don’t want reminder emails.

7. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Right now the person who owns the account has the ability to change what their screen name is. I can see how giving people the ability to set the persons name on their end would be useful.

9. Put in an extra column for CUMULATIVE expenses

Now when I view IOUs/bill listings b/w any friend and me, I am only able to view the value of that particular bill, but not the cumulative cost (till that point). The only cumulative number I find is at the top of the page, but that is not helpful in case I want to find out how that number came about over different months. Plus, of course, the graph view only works for the current month! It'd be great if you could address these issues ASAP.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve gotten some recent requests for the cumulative amount of peoples tabs lately. I think this is a great idea, and one that we’ll be discussing on how to implement in the near future.

We do also plan on letting our users see the history of our graphs in the future also.

10. Data Display

I wish there was a way to see all the charges for one person over the past year that they have had to pay. Like, if one roommate gave me $50, then I could see $50, and then the successive bills added, which would take away from the $50. So I could see the build up and succession of payments and bills. I remember at some point, I could see a line graph of what one person owed so see how each bill affected how much they owed at a certain time. I can't seem to do that in the…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep debts on PDF summary until paid

I love splitwise. One thing I have a problem with though is remembering old debts. I have a couple things people owe me for that are beyond a month old so there for they no longer show up on the summary. The amounts of those items do carry over at the bottom but that is no good if we can't remember what the debt was for (i.e I paid someone's share of the Christmas decorating expense) having a name attached to older debts is really helpful so everyone can remember

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Showing "owed" amounts one by one

When you click settle up, it shows the total amount between 2 friends. Add a link to see the owed items individually.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a line graph over time.

Provide the option to display the value you owe over time. It would be nice to see how much you've paid off over time...Trends

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. email batching

just made a bunch of changes to things, someone got 18 emails :/

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Footer when logged in.

On other places in your site I'm able to access the calculators, about page, etc down at the bottom, but when I'm on the dashboard those links are missing. Need consistency. Love the site though overall!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on this feedback! We recently added a link to the calculators on the dashboard (in the right-hand sidebar), but the about page and others are definitely quite hard to find.

16. New Product Suggestion - Bank Ledger

I love your platform. You should totally add the ability to allow people to use splitwise as a bank ledger. Essentially it would be the same as your current product save for the other entity in the "group" would be a bank instead of another person.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to include better bank support in the future, though it’ll probably take us a long time to do any actual bank integrations. For now, you could try creating a group, with yourself and one other member called “Bank”, and keep track of a ledger that way…it’s a bit messy, but could be worth a try!

17. Online gateway support for settling dues

If you could use square case service or something similar to settle dues, it would be great, people could pay/settle dues right from your website or app - no need to step outside. Paypall is not for everyone

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d definitely like to continue adding more payment options, including Square Cash. Our iPhone app now supports Venmo, which we hope to bring to web and Android as well in the near future, and we may start working on another gateway after that. Until then, our apologies for the inconvenience!

18. Chart preparation

I had this wonderful idea regarding improvement of splitwise. I feel splitwise app should also have a built-in function that will help the people using it to prepare their monthly expense after dividing it in group wise..that is for every group he should be able to see how much did he spend with respect to individual group! How does this sound ?? I think its cool and boost the popularity because everyone needs to account for their expense and what better way to do it when splitwise will help them!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Pujan, thanks for the suggestion! We definitely want to get better at things like this.

Have you seen the monthly charts section on our website? If you open a group, then click the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand column, and then click the “View full charts” link, you should be able to see all of your own spending for the group that month, split into individual categories. It’s not perfect, but it may help you until we find time to work on some better chart features :)

19. Total payable amount breakdown while sending reminder

Hi there,

Great work with the app. I downloaded the app today, used it for a while and I think I am gonna stick with it for a long long time. Its very useful for me. A couple of ideas or suggestions i would like to give though-

1) while sending reminder, it would be great if i could send a screenshot of the expenses owed by my friend at the other end. May be a screenshot or a simple breakdown of the expenses, it would be very helpful.

2) its irritating that everytime i have to assign a bill…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll pass ‘em on at our meeting on Monday, but here’s a quick response:

1) Good thought! We do provide a link to Splitwise in the reminder email, where that person can log in and view the full list of bills, but it could definitely be nice to see the list directly in the email.

2) You’re definitely not the first to ask for this, but there are a few reasons we haven’t done it. The first is selfish – requiring invites helps Splitwise to grow, which allows us to keep the service free rather than having to charge. The second reason is user confusion – you’d be surprised how often people email us wondering why they can’t see the bills their friend added, or why their copy of the app shows a different balance than their friend’s (usually because they email addresses they’re using don’t…

20. can add additional feature of having graphic trends per individual per month

I would like to see graphical analysis of my expenses per group, all groups in selectable period (Date between/ Monthly)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Abhinav,

You can see our current best analysis by category by month by going to: splitwise.com

1. Either navigate the group you are interested in or All Expenses
    2. Click the Trends widget on the upper right, and then view full charts

Custom defined periods would have to be a pro feature – that is very expensive computationally to do for us at present. You can also export group level data to csv via the gear in the upper right → Export as spreadsheet to do your own analysis if you want custom ranges.

I hope this helps!
    Jon

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base