Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Give us Option to Add Tentative figures without syncing

Kudos to the Website Design accessibility and the whole idea for creating this kind of a website.

One suggestion :

Give us an option to add tentative figures or figures which are too small to be added directly but can be posted after accumulating together

For eg to explain with a hypothetical situation;
    Salt - Rs 20 can be added and kept aside without syncing.( Keep in Reserve )
    Once I buy Sugar Rs 60 etc
    I can accumulate together and make entry as
    Salt & Sugar - 80
    etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your kind words about Splitwise and for providing your suggestion.

We’ve thought about this a bit, but we worry that it’ll get confusing and add extra work — people might forget they added a ‘pending’ bill, never add it to their ‘real’ ledger, or their friend will add it in the meanwhile and there will be duplicates.

May I ask why you wouldn’t just want to add “Salt 20 Rs” to Splitwise right away? It’s seems that it’d be as much work as adding the ‘pending’ expense, and then going back later to ‘really’ add it. Is it about not wanting to ‘spam’ friends with emails about expenses added?

Thanks!
    ZC

2. "Pay all" or auth queue when settling up

When I settled up I owed 3 different people. They all take Venmo. I had to go through "Settle Up" 3 times, each time hitting "Settle Up", then "Venmo" again, then authenticating w/ Venmo again - each time, it was just doing the top payment off the list.

Should either be a way to bulk-process, or, if not supported by their API, at least do a queue so it prompts me for the next person I owe.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Andy! I understand why this would be useful. You’re right — Venmo API wouldn’t support this — but I will bring the idea of queueing payments up on our side next time the team discusses ‘Settle Up’.

Cheers, Zoe

3. simplify "add a bill" when you are always splitting with the same person

I only split bills with one person - so it's annoying to have to designate the payee every time I add an expense. I'd love to just be able to set my one payee and it auto fills or just eliminates that question when I have an expense.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! I’ll pass this on and see if it’s something we want to add in the future. For now, we’re working on some design tweaks to make the “Add bill” form a little simpler, so hopefully you’ll see some of those improvements in the near future.

4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, this annoys me too :) I think we’re hoping to do some web cleanup work later this summer and fall, so I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements.

5. Sync friends with iOS Contacts

Currently, app friend will not display changes in name of friends, or additional email addresses if added recently.

But such a great app! 5 stars!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option of auto adjustment to the bills like deposits/furniture bills when a new person is added to a flat/apartment group

Add option of auto adjustment to the bills like deposits/furniture bills when a new person is added to a flat/apartment group.
    Currently if a new person is added, we have to edit the bills (like initial deposit,furniture etc) manually.
    Also need an option to manage deposits rather than expense bills

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s not really a good automated way to handle this, though we agree there are some common cases that are pretty annoying. Deposits you can currently do on the website with the reimbursement split type.

Marshall

7. to tag a friend in the comment

able to tag a friend in comment, so he can be notified if someone sees any problem in the commented splitwise sheet

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense :) I’d love to improve our commenting system sometime later this year or early next year, so I’ll pass on your feedback!

8. the left pane lists like "friends" and "groups" should be collapsible

The left pane lists like "Friends" and "Groups" can be a long one. I suggest you allow them to be collapsible (by clicking on the list name or something similar) and allow that state to be saved for convenience and a cleaner appearance for users with long lists (like me).
    P.S. Splitwise is great. Please keep it up!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear you. Friends and groups in the app are slightly unwieldy and difficult to access, and we are planning a redesign of the Android app to address those issues.

9. Put some padding at the bottom of the main view

it's too hard to expand/unexpand expenses when they are all the way at the bottom, because your window get scrolled up if you collapse them. it's just confusing, try it and you'll see

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just checked and the view does scroll up a bit when you click ‘Show more’ in the ‘All expenses’ view on the website. I’ve reported this to the team, and they’ll definitely add this to their bug list. Is this what you were referring to?

10. Add "QFC" for auto-categorization for "Groceries."

QFC is owned by Kroger and is a 24-hour grocery store (mostly?) in the Northwest United States.

Adding them to the database will make data entry just a bit easier.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use accounting notation for amounts

Instead of seeing "XXX owes you Rp. 976543023.00"
    I should see "XXX owes you Rp. 976,543,023.00"
    Much easier to read !

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Chart legend sorted by percentage

Currently Charts legend is sorted by pie slices order (probably Google Visualisation's default). But it would be useful to have it ordered in descending order or as a separate table that can be sorted.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

13. Notify amount due depending on specified amount

User can select specified amount in there app settings. if any of his/her friend exceeded that amount (owe or lent) they should get notification.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. remember last state

Im using this mainly for recording my friend owe money, but every time i add new bill i have to change the state of split to owe

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like you are looking for Splitwise to default the split type (equal split, IOU etc) to the last split you did with that person. That makes logical sense, but I would have concerns about changing the behavior away from “always defaults to split equally” since we want Splitwise to be as predictable as possible to avoid accidental mistakes.

I’ll leave this suggestion open to see how many other users would be interested in this approach. Thanks for posting!

Best,
    Jon

15. Facebook Group integration

It would be wonderful if Splitwise could integrate with a Facebook Group so that all members of a group became part of a Splitwise group too.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “share an invite link” function, which gives you a link that anyone can use to join the group. On the web, you can get this link by going to the group’s settings page, then clicking on “Send your friends an invite link” above the list of group members. Hope that helps!

16. add an option to filter by non-group expenses only

in both the web app and the mobile apps.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

On the mobile apps, you can access all non group expenses by tapping the “Non group expenses” row on the Groups tab.

We don’t have a parallel for this on the web app. We might look into implementing this in the future.

17. Option to export expenses to mail directly

It would be good if one can just open their mail and see details of expenses and debts rather than downloading spreadsheet n viewing it from there.
    So please consider adding this option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups

There should be a separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups, with involved section coming first obviously.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. We don’t currently have a mobile version of “hide not involving me” so I will leave this open for further voting. I can understand why people would want to filter by this.

Best,
    Jon

19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see how this would be useful. For now, we do have a basic “totals” feature that can show you spending for a specific month. In our mobile apps, you can find this by going to a group and looking under the “More” menu; on the web, you can find this by going to a group and clicking “Trends” at the top of the right sidebar.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base