1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Kill the Hamburger Menu

I would like to see a better navigation method than a side menu. There is a ton of resources out there explaining why it's a bad idea to do it this way. I also think in the case of Splitwise it makes the app a little bit confusing, partially, because it contains redundant information (friend list).
    For iOS at least you could go with a tab bar or maybe do it completely hierarchical.
    I know this sounds like a minor thing and a matter of taste. But I do care about good interfaces and using an app is about how…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

The reason a hamburger menu is bad is because a) people don’t know what it is and b) it’s slow to use if you need it. The current design of the app is based on our most common use patterns and in those cases, the only thing you need the hamburger for are notifications – which should really be badging specific people and items anyways.

Try using the app without ever hitting the hamburger menu and let us know what feels like is missing (beyond notifications). The core home screen is actually designed to give complete access to just about everything.

I’m declining it because this ticket isn’t quite specific enough to be actionable on our end. I’m very happy to hear feedback like “I was trying to accomplish X and it felt really hard to do”. I don’t know what you would consider better in this case. I could…

3. The design for iPhone - intuit ivory

I think, while adding a new bill... The steps should be
    --- to add the bill
    --- to add the people involved
    --- to split the amount per share .
    This may not be a great change to the app but for the app to exist the bill is the start point. So,the process of adding the bill should be first and then the people involved and later the share percentage.
    The design pattern should be a little changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually, this is something we’ve tested quite a bit – different people have different intuitions about how to order the bill’s cost, the description, the people involved, and the amount per share. We tested a variety of different orderings before settling on the current order, so we’re unlikely to change it in the near future. I’m very sorry for the trouble!

4. Give ability to link my PSEG account to splitwise account

I am account holder of PSEG account in my house and i get billed every month. I have opted for e-bills and i have setup autopay for it. But each month, i have to check the amount and add it to my splitwise group for sharing. I cannot setup a recurring pay in splitwise for this bill like i have done for Verizon internet bill since this bill amount varies a lot.

I need a ability to link my PSEG account or someway so that once my autopay pays the bill, it automatically gets added to my splitwise house group…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We agree that this would be an awesome user experience. Unfortunately, each biller we’d integrate with (PSEG, Verizon, Con Edison, etc) would require us to build a new tech infrastructure. There are over 100 billers in the country and after thinking through the issue a lot, we had to conclude that we shouldn’t spend energy on building these features. We’re a tiny team (3 engineers) with many other priorities.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for using Splitwise!

5. Traveling Friend

Taxes and tips
    It would be very helpful to be able to show the split of the actual taxes and tips paid according to what each participating group member has spent or owes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a cool idea, but many users opt out of receiving push notifications from us so we couldn’t guarantee that your notification would reach them. Email reminders are more stably deliverable.

Zoe

7. New homescreen icon

I will start by saying that you guys have developed a really, really great service, so smooth and well thought out. All honour to you! This was all that I would want in a service like this, and the connection between mobile and desktop is just great!

One little thing, and this is just a first world porblem; I would like to see a little different icon on iOS. I feel that the interface within the app itself is so good, but the icon isn't quite up to that level. Just a tiny request. But I feel that by seeing…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow payments through Amazon Payments which charges no credit card fees under 1000$ a month

payments.amazon.com will allow you to send up to 1000$ a month for free with credit card

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We support recurring bills on the phone – just tap the date when adding a new bill, and you’ll see options to make that bill recur.

For payments, though, we decided not to include recurring options. When someone settles up on Splitwise, we want to make sure it’s because they took conscious action and actually settled up, not because something repeated automatically.

10. intergate with dropbox or gdrive as backup

Provide a option where we can sign in with out dropbox/gdrive login password account and export the data to dropbox account.

Just just gives a option data backup, incase some thing goes wrong.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Building a Dropbox or Google Drive integration isn’t in our plans right now – we take care to backup our own servers, and we already allow you to download basic backups in .csv format from the website. We’d much rather focus on improving core features.

And don’t worry: if Splitwise ever shuts down, we’ll notify all our users and give ample time for you to export your information :)

11. A better Android app

Hi,

Seems like you are using HTML5 or some other web technology for your android app. I have just started using your service and really likes it.

I am an android developer and would really love to help you out if you want. You can contact me on my email -- mudit.agar@gmail.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Deleting a bill

Only the creator should be allowed to delete the bill and not the share holder.

Also on a seperate note i started using app with USD and then changed the currency to INR but people i started with in still have USD next to them instead of INR

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vishal,

We do want to give people confidence that their bills have not been deleted, so in the user settings we have an “email me anytime someone updated / edits / deletes a bill.” We plan to change the default setting to alert you anytime a bill you created is deleted, which I think should give you some more confidence.

We strongly believe anyone should be able to delete a bill in order to help correct mistakes and make things simple and complexity-free.

The currency issue you are referring to can also be fixed in user settings – there is a button on the website that allows you to convert all expenses you have so far into your default currency (it just sets the currency code, it doesn’t do any currency exchange.)

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Jon

13. Make the person who created the expense the only one who can delete it

It happened to me, someone deleted an expense and it didn't even give me a notification. And there is no history that I know of, so I could not restore.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Itemised bill with unequal sharing

Hi,
    Currently when we divide a bill in itemised mode, the shares are put up equally for each participant, but it is not the case always.

We also need an option to unequally split inside an itemised bill. Can you address that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have plans to add unequal shares to itemized billing – it’s a pretty uncommon case, and we haven’t been able to come up with an interface for it that we consider “good enough”.

If you’d like to include unequally split items, you can try adding them as individual expenses, separate from the itemized bill. I realize that’s not ideal, though. Sorry for the trouble!

15. Simplify Debt for iOS App

It would be nice if we could simplify debt amongst an arbitrary set of friends from the iOS App. We can do this on the web interface (though I contend it is still a little hard to find this feature), but the feature appears to be missing from the mobile version.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mobile Website not available

I have an old version of android (v 2.1)
    The Android app is not compatible for this version.
    It would be better if we have m.splitwise.com with basic features

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have no plans for a mobile website at this time – we’re a small team, and are already dedicating all our engineering resources to the full web app, iPhone, and Android. Sorry for the inconvenience!

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yazz,

This seems way out of scope for us. We generally expect people to put in the total amount after tax for expenses. Where would we use the tax?

Marshall

18. provide option for user ids also

Instead of inserting email id everytime you can also create user names, email id should be mandatory for the first time for verifing after that user can login using their Usernames also

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not completely sure what you mean here, but I’m assuming you want the ability to add use nicknames for use in the app to add them to expenses? You should already be able to search by name in the fields to add expenses and it should find friends already on Splitwise first.

Marshall

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base