General

51 results found

1. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

This seems like a useful feature that would make life easier. We’ve talked about having the infinity scroll when it comes the past expenses of the groups. Currently it’s not scheduled, but it’s on our list of things to do down the road.

2. please triple the photo dimensions

What is the point of taking a photo of the receipt if the text is too small to read on the end result? This is a problem right now as the photo is way to small when clicking on the thumbnail to display the original.

If this has been scaled down on the mobile phone to save network traffic when uploading, then please add a admin option to let the user upload large-scaled(high-traffix) images. Otherwise there is no real value in this function.

If the images has not been scaled down on the mobile phone, and you have a larger…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are some annoying technical limitations to our photo size. At some point we’ll fix this, but it’s not simple enough to put together easily at the moment.

Marshall

3. Need summary of shuffle by graph within group

Give proper steps or GRAPH on how the debt is shuffled across the members in a group.

If this feature is already , please let me know ....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MULTIPLE FRIENDS ADD

I NEED A PAGE 4 MANAGING FRIENDS, ADD, DELETE ...MULTIPLE FRIENDS, WITH AT A GLANCE VIEW OF ALL THE FRIENDS

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Send Reminder to all people in a group

When we send a reminder, there should be an option available to send it to all members of the group, instead of sending it to individuals.

160 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Expenses Report

In the PDF report, we have date,description,cost & balance columns in individual member's page.It will be gr8 if you add column "Expenses By" which should contain name of person who has spent money on this transaction.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Show how bills are settled using a cool visual aid.

This idea came from a bout of minor confusion I had when looking at the results of the "settle up" function. I was surprised to see that despite knowing that I owed various people money, the result I saw on screen was that I actually just owed one person. After some chin scratching, I realized that of course the bills were being aggregated together so as to minimize the number of payments needed to settle up. That being said, I'm not sure that everyone who uses this service will reach that conclusion, especially if they've had a long day at…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recently we’ve been thinking a lot about this exact problem. The “settle up” function is great once you understand what it does, but it confuses a lot of first-time users. We’re working to improve communication about this, including via visual aids – you should see some of those updates over the next few weeks :)

8. Fix recurring item edits

Recurring items should have a start date and an end date. When My apartment lease came to an end, I had to "delete" the expense, which actually ended up deleting the last time it occurred, rather than all the future occurrences! Not intuitive behavior, and it was not clear that would happen.
    Thanks

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re working on the messaging of how our expenses (especially ones like recurring bills) work as we speak.

This does sound like something that we need to address for sure. Thanks so much for letting us know!

9. Pull utility infor from company

In a roommate situation it can be helpful if this site would pull the our bill payment and due date from the utility company itself and send reminders. This way all roommates have the same info will no worries that another roommate jsut made up something. And this can be kept on file in the groups folder if anyone has a dispute. Example of someone that does this already is paydivvy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are in the process of trying to integrate Splitwise more with all types of billing and expenses.

This seems like a natural addition to some of the ways we’re trying to get Splitwise involved in bill integration.

10. Download attachments for groups

A smart idea is to included an upload or download feature to groups. This way in differetn groups you can add pictures, receipts, leasing agreements, roommate agreements, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. keep doing what you're doing!

hey guys just letting you know that splitwise is probably the best thing that happened to us in terms of software this year!

my boyfriend and i started using splitwise to manage our expenses for our apartment, and loved it. it soon migrated to their office, where about 10 people now form a group and use it regularly.

now we use it in our friendship circles as well and we know at least one other sharehouse is on board.

splitwise has made living, working and hanging out together easy and has taken the stress out of money issues, as well…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Amelia,

Thank you for the kind feedback – it’s honestly a pleasure to hear that Splitwise has been so helpful to you!

We definitely are planning to do both better emails and SMS-based alerts and invitations for the non smart phone users and for people who like that method of doing things.

Just one clarification: do you mean a non-smartphone way to add bills (like an SMS version of quick add) on the go? We haven’t planned on that yet, so if that’s the suggestion, please write back and let us know.

Cheers and thanks!
    Jon

1 3 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base