Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. update Plates to share totals over AirDrop (iOS 7)

I love Plates, and I think the UI is simple and easy to use. When I need to share the totals with the table, text and email options are nice, but sometimes I don't have their contact information.

AirDrop would allow me to send it to them without that info. Being able to AirDrop would make splitting dinner with acquaintances that much easier! Perfect example of this for me: I was at a brunch with 10 people after a wedding at a diner. I only knew 2 of the people at the table. Plates saved the day and made sense…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Simplifying removal of users from a group

Its a pain to delete all the expenses of a user before removing him. I suggest that there should be a dialogue box which pops up asking the user who should the debt be passed on to in the group instead of showing an error saying that you cant remove that person. So for example if A is leaving the group where B and C owe him 105 and 110 respectively. Then if D is removing A, he/she should pay A 215 and then the app should show that B owes A 105, and C owes A 110. Doing this…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I think I see your use case. I’m not sure if we’d implement it the way you suggest, but basically the issue is with groups that are very similar but changing slightly from week to week. I recommend increasing the size of the group and then unchecking people who are not there from the “split equally dialog” rather than removing them from the group. But I’ll leave the suggestion open as it’s an interesting point.

- Jon

3. Sharing money function

Thank alot for a very very usefull application.
    I saw that in web version the sharing money has a custom tab that allows people to share each items in the bill. But I cannot find that tab in mobile version. I think that is a very reality function that will be good to be had on mobile version.
    By the way, Splitwise only be used for sharing money without expense management. If Splitwise includes expense management function. It's really an excellent application, I think.

Thanks alot for your application.
    KhiemNS

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have plans to add the various split methods available in the web to the mobile apps in time. However we’re a small dev team so we do not know when we’ll be able to achieve this for all splits on all platforms.

- Aaron

4. customize notifications for groups

notofication for a partivular group can be turned off or on

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Redenomination of Belarussian ruble.

In July 2016 a new Belarusian ruble will be introduced, at a rate of 1 new ruble = 10,000 old rubles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_ruble#Third_ruble.2C_since_2016)

Are you guys have plans to support stuff like that? I mean can it be automatically converted when redenomination is finished?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This use case is a first for Splitwise and provides some unique challenges. We are looking at what can be done to support this change, but want to do it in a way that doesn’t cause confusion amongst existing users. Suggestions are welcome.

6. 3D Touch / Force Touch frequent contacts

In iOS, it would be great to be able to set frequent contacts (and groups) so they appear in the 3D Touch / force touch menu on the app icon. This would speed up creating new bills for people or groups that you frequently interact with.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes a lot of sense! I could also imagine the Splitwise app automatically showing your top friends when you use Force Touch, or maybe showing you the most recent person/group that you split an expense with. I’ll pass on your feedback and add it to our list of ideas for future updates :)

7. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Our system depends on using 2 decimal places right now, which doesn’t make sense with a lot or currencies like INR. It’s not something we’re going to be able to fix soon, but it is something we’re hoping to get to eventually.

Marshall

8. Don't consider accents when searching for a friend's name

Hi,

I have a friend whose first name is "Émilie". Note the accented É since the name is in French.

When searching for names, her name does not appear if I type "Emi"; it only appears when typing "Émi".

Would it be possible not to consider accents when searching?

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. android app for tablet

Recently saw in the promotional mail for "Plates" that the android app will get a much needed update. Will the new app be optimised for Tablets also. I have the current splitwise app on my Nexus 7 tablet and it is a very bad user experience. Any timeline on the new version and tablet optimisation?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. include 'View Printable Summary' option on Mobile App

The option to View Printable Summary in Web is great. It will be quite useful in mobile app as well if it comes with an option to email the friends involved in the group.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to add something like the printable summary view to our mobile apps in the future. It may take us some time, as we’re working on some other features at the moment, but hopefully you’ll see that feature soon!

11. Few Reports

Please add few reports like person wise expense sheet, total expense sheet, monthly breakups

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Expenditure summary

I love this application, thanks for saving a lot of time spending what I owe and what I get. I have a suggestion of a expenditure summary of a trip or a for that matter any other category in Excel tabular format or pdf format that ways I know what every one spent during whole trip or month or customs date for a particular group

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Gururaj – thanks for the suggestion! We actually have a few export features like this on our website, which haven’t made it to our mobile app yet. If you log in to your account on Splitwise.com and navigate to a group, you should be able to view printable summaries for any month (by clicking the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses), or you can export an Excel spreadsheet of all expenses by clicking the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then choosing “Export as spreadsheet”. Hopefully some export features will make their way to our mobile apps in 2015!

13. send msg to all people owe me

can you introduce a option to send message to all the people "owe me" instead of sending them individually. Ex:a option that can send the msg "guys i want to settle all balance before may 5th " to all people who owe me money.

i asked this because i have 50 people who owe me.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for posting – I personally use Splitwise a lot of course and have a lot of small debts to me as well, so a “remind all” is something I’ve been thinking about a bit. We have a busy roadmap so I’m going to leave this under review to see how many people would also like this or have other suggestions.

For now, you can always remind the largest debtors individually by using the “send reminder button,” and active users will also get the monthly summary to help remind them as well.

Thanks,
    Jon

14. seen by feature

imclude a feature which shows that the bill is seen by how many of the roomamates and who has seen the bill

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it on! For now, you may want to check out the “printable monthly summary” feature for groups on our website. Just log in, click a group in the left sidebar, and then click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses, and you’ll get an itemized breakdown of all the transactions for the month.

16. Add Split screen support for Android 7.0

Please add support for split screen on Android 7.0. As of now it gives me an error saying that app doesn't support split screen and throws me out of the split screen mode. I would like to see the support soon.
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would be an interesting addition to the Android app. Depending on how difficult this is to implement and if its possible to do this without compromising the experience, I’ll look into supporting split-screen natively on Android Nougat in the future.

17. Plates: to increase the possible number of people

It would be great to have the possibility to use the app for up to 20 people. I often have the case were we are more than 10!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add puppies!

Kittens are awesome! Puppies too?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In uneven splitting, allow a „wrong“ total to be handled wisely

It often happens that the given order — first enter total, then split it — turns out very inflexible.

Especially with tips or shared expenses I find myself with a difference (let’s say the bill with tip is 28, I’m splitting „by dish“, then I realize the tip needs to be split separately and I would rather remove it from the total — but I can NOT leave the uneven splitting screen unless i have entered the EXACT amount ... annoying!)

Same applies to „oops I have forgotten to include one more person“. I’d have to add the amount to…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 13 14

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base