Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Make it easier to plan for future expenses where no one has paid yet

Make the “payer” optional. One person submits rent payments but we want a way to track payments coming up when no one has paid yet that just shows who to send the money to without saying the person already paid for it. we just need a way to check off who has paid and who hasn’t.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. "Ready to Settle" Button/Status for Groups

One pain point I've noticed is that right after a trip, some people in a group settle up before all the trip expenses are added to the group. Then, they have to settle up again after the further expenses are added.
    It is very tempting to jump the gun and press that settle-up button.

We usually have a parallel text message chain about who is ready to settle up.

It would be great if each member of a group could set their status to "Not Ready to Settle/Still have expenses to enter" (Red) or "Ready to Settle/All expenses entered" (Green)…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for deposits to be deducted from expenses

Example: 2 of 6 people paid deposit or bill, when it’s time to settle up, how do we take the 2 peoples contribution into the split since all the bills are itemized. How do we avoid double billing those 2 who paid deposits for the entire group?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. to enable function where we could select specific items to “settle-up”

I’m not sure if this function is only available for the “pro” version but I believe it would be more useful if we could select specific items we could settle up the bills on. (i.e. I may only want to settle up the bills for item 1 and item 3, but not item 2 yet).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Unselecting group members when splitting the expense doesn't work. Just defaults to automatically select all

The app doesn't allow you to unselect on person when choosing split equally. After unselecting on person and confirming it still shows split equally.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. This expense has not yet synced with the server

This expense has not yet synced with the server

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Are expenses settled between groups?

I would suggest that expenses wouldn't be settled between groups. e.g. if User A owes User B 100$ in group X, I wouldn't want it to be settled in group Y... Is that the case? if not, I would want it to be configured so the users can decide if it should be done or not, with default to No

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. minimize the number of transactions after all expenses have been entered

We group of 5 families A,B,C,D,E recently took a trip and each family paid for different stuff for the whole group.
    At the end of trip we entered our expenses. A owes money to E
    B owes to A and E
    Instead to A transferring money to E and B transfering to A and E
    it makes sense for B to transfer money to E that includes what A owes to E as well.
    Before this app, I have managed this with a google sheet by plugging in formulas and there were fewer transactions needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Temporary phone number

Where can I buy a temporary phone number? Faced with the question of how to register an account. It requires a confirmation by SMS. But what to do if I don't want to indicate my personal phone number

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Whenever i use your app , I always get confused in one flow

And that is when someone makes a payment it always shows borrow or it doesn’t appear automatically settle up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. iOS Widget to add an expense

It would be great if there were an iOS widget so you could quickly add an expense right from the Home Screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Uneven splitting + Custom tip for plates app

It’d be great if you could split various amounts unevenly (using fractions or another method). For example, A, B, C, D, and E were at a restaurant for E’s birthday. A and E get a drink to share, but A, B, C, and D are covering E’s bill. So A is covering half the drink cost + (1/4)*the other half of the drink cost. The rest of B, C, and D are splitting the remaining drink cost.

Allow inputting of custom tip at the end instead of using specific percentages to determine tip. For example, maybe my exact tip amount…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendar view for activity

Hello!

Don't mind it being a pro feature.

With the existing functions ( photo/note/date)
    It would change my whole experience if Splitwise has the calendar view for activity.

It's a pain to scroll through activity looking for one entry. This would bring benefit including but not limited to :

1)Visualizing the activities solves our argument when someone is surprised by the amount they own. We can quickly pin point who entered/paid on what date.

2)I see many comments on using Splitwise for personal finance. This update will also help with those wanting to use Splitwise to track person spendings.

3)This…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rearrange member order in a group

I noticed that from time to time, the order of appearance of members of a Group changes. I cannot explain what exactly triggers this, but I noticed that it happened after I created another group (let's call it Group 2) that included members from Group 1.

It is particularly annoying because I got used to the order in which members appear in the Split options list and therefore it messes it all up.

I cannot find a way to rearrange the order to be as it was previously, could you implement this option or explain how to prevent the order…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Add venmo id/ zelle id on account profile

Most often people don't settle because they feel reluctant to reach out and ask
    "what is your zelle id?", "Do you have venmo linked with Splitwise?" , "How can I pay you?"

I suggest splitwise add a feature where everyone can mention on their profile how anyone can transfer them money. Which if you owe someone money you can look at the profile and pay them.

You can also add a "verified symbol" next to venmo payment to show the venmo account is linked to Splitwise and using the same email as Splitwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do not hoard my private data

In the app store, it says this app will store data such as location, contacts, diagnostics etc that can be connected to me. This is completely unreasonable. Some of this data should not be collected at all and the rest should be anonymized.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How would i import the bill screenshots / pictures along with CSV format. Do we have it in Paid version of the application

How would i import the bill screenshots / pictures along with CSV format. Do we have it in Paid version of the application

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to deduct amount

Hi guys,
    It would be great if an option to deduct money can be added.
    For instance, suppose i have paid 1000 for the bill, but due to some voucher the bill amount was reduced by 15%. In this case i did the splitting of each item to the respective pupils according to the money specified in the bill. But in the end of i want to deduct 150 from each persons share it's not possible.
    Deducting 15% from each item seems tedious.

It would be great if this could be added....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)