Skip to content

General

11 results found

1. Make each entry in "Recent activity" pop open the relevant expense

Currently, clicking on an item in "Recent activity" takes you to the group where the expense resides, but it doesn't actually show you the relevant entry in that group. Clicking on one of these entries should take you to the relevant group AND pop open the edit dialog for the expense, or at least highlight the expense on the list.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the Settle All balances

Team,
    The option of "Settle All balances" seems to be confusing, instead of this, can we not record a cash payment. Alternatively, this option should be read only since it is automated. We have also noticed that this is getting added automated when we record a cash payment but doesnt get deleted when we delete the cash payment.
    Looking forward to hear back from you.
    Thanks,
    Anuj

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We do plan to improve this feature at some point. We will most likely not make it read only (adding things you can’t edit or delete is rarely a good thing). You can currently record a cash payment and avoid this. To do so, you must record a payment separately in each group you owe money in instead of making one payment for everything.

Marshall

3. Charts should not aggregate "Other" from different categories

It looks like Splitwise combines all "Other" expenses from different categories. It would be great it they were shown as separate ones like "Life: Other", "Transportation: Others" etc.

Here's screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt2yx9rcp765c6u/Screenshot%202016-02-15%2012.42.42.png?dl=0

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

4. Reauthorize Venmo

It makes me re-athorize with Venmo each time? Instead of just storing the credentials? A bit annoying when trying to batch-settle up

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian,

Fair enough, and sorry for the trouble. Eventually, you won’t have to re-authorize each time. It will probably be a few months before allow anyone to store a payment credential but we love the idea.

Cheers,
    Jon

5. Sync with Gmail contacts when entering email addresses for a group

When I create a group, I should be able to access Gmail contacts when I enter their addresses

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. the left pane lists like "friends" and "groups" should be collapsible

The left pane lists like "Friends" and "Groups" can be a long one. I suggest you allow them to be collapsible (by clicking on the list name or something similar) and allow that state to be saved for convenience and a cleaner appearance for users with long lists (like me).
    P.S. Splitwise is great. Please keep it up!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear you. Friends and groups in the app are slightly unwieldy and difficult to access, and we are planning a redesign of the Android app to address those issues.

7. Chart legend sorted by percentage

Currently Charts legend is sorted by pie slices order (probably Google Visualisation's default). But it would be useful to have it ordered in descending order or as a separate table that can be sorted.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

8. Get Whitelisted by AdBlockPlus

Your advertising isn't obtrusive or annoying, and your service is super useful. You should see about getting whitelisted by AdBlockPlus because you completely deserve to get paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to enter payees (like electric company or gas company) to which we pay bills, instead of just individual bills.

I pay three primary bills a month; gas, electric, and internet. If I were able to look at these companies as a "payee" such as Consumers Energy, it would be super nice. Then, if you were to add the functionality of being able to look at your "history" with that payee, average monthly expense, and maybe some suggestions on saving for bills, it would be super helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Assign the correct person when I click to send a reminder

There´s a link with people's name, then there's one button close to each name to "Send a reminder". As I clicked the button close to the person's name, I thought it was going to send to that person, but what happened is that I send the same reminder to the same person a few times, because I missed the dropdown to actually select the person. Makes sense?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Removing the button to un-delete after un-deleting an expense

Hi,

I un-deleted an expense yesterday but was a bit confused when I saw the button still appearing in the activity page. Maybe removing the button (I totally understand the logic for keeping the deletion activity in tact) would be great and not so confusing :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Estelito – that definitely makes sense! I’ll add this to our list of to-dos for the web app. (I believe our iPhone and Android apps already work this way, so hopefully we can catch up the web app soon.)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base