Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. be more descriptive in debt shuffling.

So I wanted you to add more information in the notes when debt is being shuffled between two parties. This info serves as a screenshot of how the net sum was accrued. I done think we need to go to the individual bill level. But it would be nice to have some thing in description that tells me the amount that I owed this person individually and in groups before the shuffle

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

I like the idea of the notes, I could see it being very helpful to our users. We have some ideas for improving the simplified debt feature that we do, and this is something we’ll talk about adding.

2. Group settle

One thing i liked about Billmonk was that i could create random groups and did not have to send invites and link to others. Once I could create random groups i could easily shuffle debts between everyone in the group.. That was super convenient. Also on the fly I could remove and add users during the debt shuffle process.

I wish you could build something like that. It was much better user experience

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We are working on the way groups and friendships work together and we agree that expenses should be shuffled around between people to make peoples lives easier. Adding people to the debt shuffle is something we’ll talk about and see if it’s something we’d like to do.

3. "settle up" suggestion

I think it would be great if, at some point in the month, maybe the end, you could just click a button to settle everyone up - aka everyone goes back to zero.

Sometimes my roommates and I decided we're all settled up and don't want to go about putting who paid who and deal with change and what not.

It would be great to just decide, "we're settled up" so that every thing went back to zero and the non-simplified version of debts could restart from scratch,

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting idea, and one I could see for people who want to quickly settle up and call it a day. I’ll bring it up with my co workers and see if it’s something we can fit on our schedule.

4. have the option to add users by name only.

I have someone that owes me money that doesn't have an email address! I want to manage her expenses on my side, but I would like to do it through splitwise. It keeps everything in one place.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been considering allowing friends without email addresses, though we haven’t yet come to a decision. For now, you could try creating a group with this person in it (groups allow names without email addresses), or adding the person with a variation on your own Gmail address (e.g. shawn+your.friend@gmail.com). Gmail ignores everything after the “+”, and those messages will end up forwarded to your own Gmail account.

5. Allow Custom Labels

Been using your app for a while now, it's pretty sweet!

Thought it might be cool to be able to add my own custom labels to bills. Similar to the 'Recurring' labels that automatically gets added to bills. That way I would be able to mark bills as 'Paid' or add other useful information that is relevant to my room mates and should be visible at a glance.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting – I can see how this would be useful. I’ll add it to our list of possible future updates. For the time being, you could try using the “Notes” field to accomplish something similar, though obviously it’s a bit more buried (you’d need to click on each expense to view its “labels”).

6. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Forward a payment

SCENARIO:
    Larry and Moe each paid $50 of a bill for Curly.
    Now Curly owes $100, $50 each to Larry and Moe.
    Curly pays Moe $100.
    Now Moe owes Larry $50.

Currently, it appears you can only manually split the pymt to simulate the transaction.

I'd like to see a way to split a pymt to more than one person.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Itemized Bills should not show Tax and Tips in comments if they are all zeros

Whenever I enter new Itemized Bill, in comments it always display the details which is really good except the fact that Tax and Tips still show up even though they are all zeros.
    I would like to request an improvement which would only allow Tax and Tips to appear on comments if they are having atleast one non zero value.

Great Site! Really Helpful.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Monthly billing

Me and my roommates settle up our bills at the end of each month. Would like option to see monthly billing, so that we can settle bills for each month and not carry over.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might try clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month – it should give you a summary of bills for just that month.

10. Chrome extension

Most people open famous web apps through extensions.
    So it would be great if you build an extension for splitwise as this would really support browser users

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. show a person still owes if their payment is pending

Person is shown as settled up, but I haven't received the payment yet and it's shown on "pending".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on this suggestion as well! It’s a bit tricky, since we want to avoid causing confusion in the opposite direction (i.e. I owe you $100, I send you $100, and then Splitwise still says I owe you $100), but there may be a way we could better indicate “pending” status.

12. Show contacts that have a balance with a different color.

Why not show the little person icon next to the friends name with a color? Red if you owe them, Green if they owe you? Sometimes you want so see who owe you money individually and I have to go through each contact to see if they owe me or not.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually tested this at one point and thought that it ended up looking too distracting, but it might be worth reconsidering. I’ll pass on a note about this. In the meantime, you can always get a list of everyone who you have a balance with from the Dashboard screen. Apologies for any inconvenience!

13. Reauthorize Venmo

It makes me re-athorize with Venmo each time? Instead of just storing the credentials? A bit annoying when trying to batch-settle up

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian,

Fair enough, and sorry for the trouble. Eventually, you won’t have to re-authorize each time. It will probably be a few months before allow anyone to store a payment credential but we love the idea.

Cheers,
    Jon

14. Add a message of the week / day / month header

The message header would be located at the top of all the bills OR pages, allowing for everyone to see the message at all times. When creating a message, it'll work similarly to the bills where you can set the predetermined time you want it to show. The other option here is to just have one box permanently stay up and have it edited as needed.

It could work similarly to the comments section where every time someone posted, it would post in a new box with their name attached to it. Or, it could just be a box where…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’d definitely like to add better comments that aren’t attached to expenses, especially for groups. Right now, there’s a rather hidden feature on our website called the “Whiteboard” (check the buttons at the top of the right sidebar), which is a little text box that any group member can edit. Maybe that can help you out for now while we work on better improvements!

15. Adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons in the website.

Dear Team,
    Please consider adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons column along with money as many people in India get EdenRed/Sodexo coupons as a part of their salary.
    Would love to see a reply for my suggestion

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Just to clarify, is the suggestion adding them as a “currency” or as a payment method (ala PayPal)? Are they denominated in points, or in INR, or some other currency?

Cheers,
    Jon

16. Split Payment in Groups

When we press Settle Up, it shows paid in personal expenses and enters an appropriate transaction in other groups common to both. But this leads to confusion. I suggest that when you press settle up there should be an option to split the paid amount among groups as you wish. For example : - Say A owes B $400 (personally) and $600 in a group. Now A wants to pay $500 to B but $200 personally and $300 in the group. As of now it will show a single transaction in personal (& nothing in group - Though there is…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, it’s always possible to enter two separate payments, one from the group screen and one from the friend screen – that should let you allocate your payment however you’d like.

17. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hide data in printable summary in which i am not involved

Hi Team,

Please also hide data in which i am not involved in printable summary.

Thanks in advanced

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I think the reason we don’t do this right now is in order to help people find mistakes – for example, sometimes there’s a bill you SHOULD have been included on, but you weren’t for some reason, and including that bill in the printable summary makes that easier to find.

19. support item in itemized bill 'consumed' by X, but paid for by person(s) Y, Z

Every friday, I organize a group dinner. Frequently, people attend who are in a relationship. Sometimes, even non-monogamous (poly) relationships.

It would be really awesome if I could enter an itemized bill in this way:

item, cost, participants
    eggrolls, 8.00, Janet, Steve, Tim, April
    pad thai, 10.00, Janet
    basil chicken, 10.00, Steve
    fried chicken over fried rice, 10.00, Tim

Tax: 8.75%
    Tip: 20.00%

People pay for another:
    Janet: paid for by Steve, Tim

and thus get this break down:
    egg rolls: $3.00 for steve, $3.00 for tim, $2.00 for april
    pad thai: $5.00 for steve, $5.00 for tim

and then…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for group dinners and such. We haven’t worked on our itemized bill form for a while, as it’s a pretty infrequently used feature on Splitwise, but I’ll pass on your suggestion and add it to our list of possible improvements.

20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base