Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Double check your special character parsing on notes

When I add the following smiley face symbol to a comment, the text following the '<' is not rendered, along with the '<' itself:

_<

The '<' symbol and all text following are not rendered.

Thanks for building an awesome product!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. change "repeat just this once" to "don't repeat"

When choosing a date for a bill, the first option is "repeat just this once", which is silly, isn't it? It's not actually repeating, it only happens once. I think changing it to "don't repeat" would be more appropriate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We think the “Repeats just this once” phasing is more clear in the context where you’re looking at parallel sentence construction of a number of repeat options. I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting, but I expect we will keep the current language.

Marshall

3. Allow links in the comments section

When added a link in the comment section is there any way to make it clickable

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Open APIs to other applications to split.

When purchasing online or through apps, for Food, Groceries or any other ecommerce or shopping apps, directly provide a sdk for the apps to split the amount and easy access for the people splitting. Many a times people forget that they had paid for a group treat and then when re adding they have to check through bank statements or orders to know the exact amount. Splitting then and there would make it easier.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. multiple default currency for participants

I think the original currency should be converted at the time of settlement - so the original currency/price pair will be kept. This would allow different default currency of participants - for example in europe it is not uncommon that people in one group use different currencies. (EUR/CZK..) With current setup, bills are converted to one currency globally in group.
    thanks
    josef

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Josef! This is an interesting idea, and makes sense! However it would be a challenge to implement. I’ll leave this open for further voting for now. Thanks again!

6. Link payment app (like Paynow) directly to app to easily settle up

My friends and I find that instead of manually paying cash or having to go through a different app to settle up, a better way would be to link direct payment apps (like Paynow) to splitwise to make settle up more convenient.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [BUG] splitting expense by shares calculation isn't accurate

A lot of the times I am trying to split a bill between friends for food. I want to know how much I owe based on the price of my item, and how much we paid after taxes and tip. Owed = (total w/ taxes & tip) * (pre tax price / pretax total)

I try to do this with shares instead, so for an item for $15.50 I will enter as 1550 shares. The problem is, this calculation is rounded too much and the amount I owe is not deterministic.

For example, my friends ordered items that are $15.50,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We designed this feature around the idea that a couple might take two shares on an expense or a family might take 4 shares to avoid needing to have everyone on the expense, so the system currently calculates all the shares to the exact penny, with some getting an extra penny when rounding is necessary. As you noted, with large numbers of shares, the extra pennies get randomly assigned with a much larger variation than would be ideal.

In theory, over time the way the extra pennies get assigned will be fair, but the next version of the Android app will use a different methodology that will handle these cases with much less variation. Most cases will not vary at all, but in some rare situations you might see the exact rounding vary by 1 penny.

9. Group type options

You should exapand your group type options to more than apartment, misc and trip. Sometimes it's for a party!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Ethereum (ETH) to the currencies

BTC is already available but it would be great to add Ethereum ETH as well

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Plates can include a way to separate diners/plates who are accidentally combined

There is currently no way to split diners/plates if you accidentally combine them on the app. A click and hold or two-finger splitting of the plates could accomplish this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add another bill

Add "Save and add another bill" next to the "Save" button in the "Add a bill" modal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate with Beemit (Australia)

Settling accounts is the most frustrating part of using splitwise. Understand integrating with banks directly may be tricky from a compliance perspective but there are payment apps out there. Integration with these, would facilitate easy settlement of accounts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 50-50% payment automatically

When you enter multiple payers it would be cool if there would be possibility to make an even split automatically instead of typing in the amount displayed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. clarify "settle all ballances" with a snapshot of the balances that it settled

when individuals who are part of mutiple groups settle their balances, their debts across groups are netted-out with transactions. This feature has almost always caused confusion when I've used it because: 1) users often forget they are settling across mutiple groups so when and unexpected debit appears it confuses them 2) after settling it is very hard to re-trace what the various balances were beforehand, so the user gets confused trying to re-trace what settled what.
    I think the settle all balances dialogue and the transactions it creates should give a summary of the various balances that it will settle…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable Facial Recognition as Authentication

I recently upgraded to the Google Pixel 4, love the phone but not many apps support unlocking via facial recognition. This would be a great feature for Splitwise

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Iphone Context Menu

Iphone has a context menu option where if I 3D touch the screen over a transaction, it opens the snippet of the next screen with the information on that transaction. Currently there’s no way to perform any operation on the pop up screen. As soon as I lift off my thumb, the pop up screen disappears. I would be great if I 3D touch any transaction, it would open a pop up screen with the info of that transaction and if I slide my thumb, the pop up screen should just stay there and I can perform any operation on…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. make an option allowing people to alternate paying for a recurring bill.

My roommate and I alternate who sends the rent check every month; it would be great for us not to have to edit that recurring expense to switch who pays, since currently Splitwise assumes that the person who paid it last will pay it again. For more than 2 roommates, you could have the option to follow a set pattern of payment, or you could allow users to "plan ahead" who will pay each cycle of a recurring expense.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Morgan,

Sorry about this idiosyncrasy. We are planning on redoing the recurring expense system sometime at the end of the summer, and we’ll definitely consider this change.

- Jon

20. Download attachments for groups

A smart idea is to included an upload or download feature to groups. This way in differetn groups you can add pictures, receipts, leasing agreements, roommate agreements, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base