Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Allow Push Notifications from Splitwise (instead of email)

The current app does a great job of emailing at every action, but after a while these can add up. If possible, SplitWise should store which platform each account holder uses and notify them via push notifications. These can be short, to the point, and would always keep people in the loop.

Plus, email is always a backup, if users choose!

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. New category: Cleaning

It's super common around these parts to hire a cleaning lady and split the bill evenly among the flatmates. A broom would be the perfect icon for that.

Also, it's common to hire a cleaning lady when you rent an apartment for a holiday and split among the travellers, so, double-win! :D

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow multiple payers in expenses that span multiple friendships

It should be possible to have multiple payers on a single bill, just as it's possible to have multiple people split the bill.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adding Pictures for "payments"

when we make a payment, it would great to add pictures. right now, for a payment, theres only the one your website has. I would like to add a picture of a bill, bank confirmation, etc. Please allow us to add pictures for payments as well.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Person wise History

I Maintain a similar system on Microsoft Excel, and one feature that I really like in maintaining on excel is it gives me a history of all expenses one person has made.

As of now, splitwise does not give person wise expense history. I would like to see a person wise split, which would show each persons split of the expense and a total sum of the month.

Also the pdf monthly report is faulty, needs to be fixed.

The Graphs are refreshed every month, there should be a menu to select the month for the graphical expense display.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a number of ways to look at person-to-person history since this suggestion was originally posted – export to spreadsheet, printable monthly summaries, etc – so I’m going to mark this as completed. If you’re still looking for different ways to look at your history, please start a new forum post and let us know what you’re looking for. We’re always curious to hear new suggestions!

6. Can't add a pending bill

At the moment you can only add a bill or expense that someone has already paid- what about when you receive a bill that needs paying in the immediate future? You should be able to add this so you can see which bills are scheduled to be paid and who owes what.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can already add bills and expenses that are dated to the future – just change the date in the “add bill” form when adding your bill. The “future” bill will be included in your balances immediately, and you’ll be able to see who owes who for that particular expense.

We’ve also thought about an option for future bills that /aren’t/ included in your balance immediately, but decided that it’s an unnecessary feature for most users and would make Splitwise a bit too confusing. If that’s what you were looking for, we’re sorry!

7. Add tool tip for the graphic icons in the splitting window

Adding tool tip gives more clarity. The icons are good, but not completely clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Add tax information as well

there should be a provision to add tax paid as well, also a provision to split tax based on the number of items.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tax can be added and split when adding an itemized bill. Itemized bills are currently web-only, but we hope to bring them to our mobile apps in the not-too-distant future.

9. Improve performance

I tried splitwise mobile but app is very slow, please try to improve performance.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. create an icon for gifts and an icon for laundry/dry cleaning (hanger)

We love your site/app and these icons would make it even better!

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Add itemized bill editing in the new design

Please add the itemized billing in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Recording a payment

Suppose A paid B a sum of $ x. When that payment is recorded, the mobile app, in my opinion, incorrectly says "B paid A $ x". It should be the other way round. Its confusing if you put it that way. The overall balances settle up correctly but the description of the payment on the Android app is confusing.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Backup data on deleting a group

If some one deletes a group by mistake the data is lost for ever. there should be an option to un-delete or get a static file as final balance depicting the state of group when deleted.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We do have this data around, but it requires one of us to bring back old group data. Please email support for help with this. We’re planning to change the way groups work with regards to this soon.

Marshall

15. Add "Every 2 weeks" Feature?

Could you add a feature that makes a bill reoccur "Once Every X weeks"? My boyfriend and I get a organic produce box every 2 weeks, but I'm not sure how I'd put that into Splitwise. I considered doubling the amount and setting it as Monthly, as a workaround, but that will turn inaccurate when it comes to longer months.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Anon,

We have this feature, actually! “Fortnightly” means that it repeats once every two weeks. This is already in the web app – click “divide a bill”, then change “just this once” to “Fortnightly.”

We don’t plan to add every “X” weeks unless a lot of people request it – not because it is a bad idea, but just because we have a bunch of other stuff on this forum we want to do more :)

Thanks!
    Jon

16. Allow a group to view total spedings for a period.

For example, allowing flatmates to know the expenditure for a month. Not individually (since thats already available), but considering the group as one unit. This gives us an idea of the cost involved in running the flat for one month (or other custom time periods).

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow one person to cover for his family

if 2 couples and 2 individual people sharing bill, then I should be able to add bill such that each person in couple is paying for 2 (i.e. Husband is paying for his wife). So that we don't need to add extra sharing for the wife but bill is also split by exact number of person.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offline mode for mobile

Quite disappointed when I found out your app does not work offline.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

NOTE: if you are upset that iPhone or Android offline mode does not work in the way that you want, please vote for or add a new idea about your specific issue. I suspect this issue covers most problems related to this idea now: http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/9786933-improve-offline-mode-in-iphone-app

It’s much easier for us to figure out what work is important to do next if we have votes for specific problems.

Our iPhone and Android apps now both include offline mode. Offline allows you to add and remove expenses with existing friends and groups, even when you don’t have an internet connection. Any changes you make will be synced later, when you have an internet connection again.

19. Payment date

Can you please add what date a payment was made not just when the entry was made...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can set the date of the payment when you create it either in the left hand expense create window in the web or in the black bar of buttons on the mobile apps.

Marshall

20. Allow archiving of groups

I have 13 groups/trips set up now. We create one for a specific trip and once its settled, rather than delete it, would be good to have a archive section where it can be stored perpetually rather than having to delete. The reason I want to delete is because this list will grow over time and then there are way too many of them.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base