Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Add Cringle as payment option

I'm not sure if this German based app, might be willing to cooperate with you, it's called Cringle.

It's an app created for small payments (max. 250€ a month) with friends and family. The app is quite simple to use and could enhance the Splitwise experience at least in Europe or perhaps only Germany...

Here the link to it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.cringle.cringle

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with Tikkie

The Tikkie app allows for creating a payment request, which will redirect the user to their own bank to do the payment. This would allow for easy settlement of a group's debt.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Periodic payments

I have to add the same amount for Comcast and electricity bill every month. It would be nice to have a periodic payment for such types of bill

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey there! I can’t quite tell from your description – are you trying to add a recurring bill (e.g. a cable bill that’s the same cost every month), or a recurring payment to another Splitwise user (e.g. you pay back your friend $50 every week)? We don’t support recurring payments to friends right now, but we do support recurring bills: just click on the date when adding or editing a bill, and you’ll see options to make that bill recur weekly/monthly/etc. Hope that helps!

4. add a group chat feature

if you have a group chat feature irrespective of the comments it would be very helpful

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Monthly expense Tab

To have a monthly expense tab, that shows monthly expenses till now and past month expenses like you send in every month at mail. It will also help the person to keep track of his expenses in different categories.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re working on some features like this now! In the meantime, you may want to check out the printable summary page for groups on our website (go to a group, then click “view printable summary” at the top of each month’s expenses), as well as the trends view for groups on our website (go to a group, then click the “Trends” button at the top of the right sidebar, then click “View full details” at the bottom of the right sidebar). Hope that helps!

6. "Who paid" column in Excel export

When you export your data to Excel there should be an additional column indicating who paid for each expense.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Our next update to the Excel feature is to bring it to mobile. Not sure when we’ll have the bandwidth to consider functionality on the whole. Sorry for any inconvenience! Zoe

7. NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created without properly linking PayPal or Venmo to both PAY and RECEIVE PAYMENTS

Splitwise currently allows different emails for Splitwise and Venmo accounts without linking them. The result is that Splitwise fails to connect to an account for you to RECEIVE payments but it takes them from you.

Splitwise should NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created that haven't properly been linked for BOTH paying AND receiving payments.

This is Splitwise's fault for not having a verification system. Splitwise needs to fix this problem, otherwise people will pay you and it will just sit around.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d definitely like to add more explicit confirmation for PayPal/Venmo payments in the future, and we’ve been working on the ability for a Splitwise user to have multiple email addresses for their account (e.g. one for PayPal, one for Venmo, etc). Hopefully we can make more improvements in this area this year.

8. Ability to add a default PayPal address

An account should have the ability to specify an alternate PayPal address so that when it's time to settle up, the alternate address will be used instead of the address associated with Splitwise.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense. We’d like to add the ability for an account to include multiple email addresses, and setting different default addresses for PayPal/Venmo/etc seems like a logical extension of that.

9. View expenses by category

Hi,

I would find it extremely useful in both the mobile and web apps if I were able to group a house's expenses by their Category (possibly putting payments in their own section of the summary). In the web app, I imagine the link for this next to 'view printable summary'.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you looking for an item-by-item list, or a summary by category? If you’re looking for the latter, there’s a category breakdown chart you can use on our website – click the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand sidebar, then click “view full charts” at the bottom of the sidebar. I’ll pass on the suggestion for a way to break things down by category. Hopefully we can add these features to our mobile apps in future updates!

10. Add the ability to add guests

When splitting bills, Splitwise works great for people that are already added into the app / website. However, for temporary guests, it becomes more of a hassle as after splitting the bill out since there's no room to add them.

The only solution now is to list it into comments.

There should be an option to add a 'Guest' slot, maybe by hitting a + button that allows you to add AND name another person that's not on Splitwise. From there, you'd be able to split the bill accordingly.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting thought! Normally we’d just encourage you to add this new person as a friend or group member on Splitwise (hooray, new friends!), but I’ll pass on your suggestion at our next team meeting.

11. Login with Google/Facebook even for the app

Have an option of logging in using Google/Facebook even for the mobile app

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. We do support Google login on Android. We may bring other social login options to mobile some day but it’s not on the road map presently.

If you created a web account via Facebook / Google, you can still log into that account on mobile. Just visit ‘account settings’ in the web app and add a password to your account. Then you can log in on mobile using your Facebook / Google ID and the password you set.

12. Create a Quicken Web Connect service

It would be really great to have a web connect feature with Splitwise to Quicken. Since half of my transactions are complete by my significant other, we each only see a portion of our actual expenses in our respective transaction history via our banks. This actually makes it kind of difficult to get a clear picture of what we are spending our money on.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. Add location to expense

It would be better if we add location of where the expense is made and filter the expense then it would be more easier..

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Krishna – thanks for the suggestion! We’ve thought a bit about location data before, and it’s something that might show up in a future version of the app. Until then, apologies for any inconvenience!

14. Option to remove decimal display per currency

Just as the title says. Simple, give us an option to not display the .00 decimal in the app, or even better, determine and specify which currencies actually use decimal point amount of money.

I live in Korea I use Korean Won, naturally, which isn't applicable for decimal notation and I'm pretty sure quite a few more (if not most) currencies don't use decimals.

As a result, entering costs in Splitwise app now requires entering two more zeroes after the dot. KRW 38,500.00 is a pain...

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Very sorry for the trouble! Long-term, we would definitely like to add better support for international currencies with different numbers of decimals, but it will probably be a while before we get around to it. The vast majority of our users use currencies with 2 decimal places, and adding proper support for 0 or 3 decimal places (the other two common values for world currencies) will require significant technical effort both on our servers and in our mobile apps.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience!

15. Override language settings using an in-app language selector

It would be great if the default language which is currently preset by phone settings can be overwritten using an in-app language selector.
    Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now possible on iOS 13! Go to the Settings app and find Splitwise in the list near the bottom. You can choose the language for the app separately from your main phone language. You may also need to change the setting in the Splitwise app as well in your Account settings as we keep a separate language setting for notifications that doesn’t always update automatically right now.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry if you prefer to use Splitwise in English when the rest of your phone is another language. We haven’t seen any other apps that allow you to do this, and it would be fairly difficult for us to build, so this is not something we’re going to be able to do in the near term. That said I’m leaving this “under review” in case a lot of other users would like us to build…

16. Bills paid by multiple people: "Each person paid an equal share"

When adding a bill which was paid by multiple people you should be able to select an option "Each person paid an equal share" in addition to the available option "Each person paid for their own share".

This is especially useful for couples having a shared bank account / credit card or for shared bills where everyone just chipped in the same amount of money (but one still wants to split the items afterwards).

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. settle up as of <date>

the ability to select a bill and settle up at that point, so settle up all bills before this (and perhaps insert that payment into the timeline there)

so if I had 3 bills and I owed $80
    April Gas : $20
    march Food: $40
    March Gas $20

I could select "March Food" and settle up all my previous payments (march food and gas) and after it would look like this

you Owe $20
    April Gas : $20
    Rich paid $60
    march Food: $40
    March Gas $20

THANKS!

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning to add something like this as we believe it would not be used by many users and would therefore unnecessarily complicate the interface. If this idea gets a lot of votes, we’ll reconsider.

Marshall

18. Automatically recalculate share, when new people getting added to the group.

Sometimes many expenses are added before everyone joins the group. The shares should auto recalculate if others join. For instance if I have a group of 5 people, and have a bill divided among all the group. Each person is charged $2. But later, we add in the remaining 5 people to the group, each person should automatically get recalculated to $1. Currently I have to manually add people in to the group expenses.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though we’d also want to make sure that we don’t accidentally add people to bills that they SHOULDN’T be involved in. (For example, a lot of people use Splitwise to keep track of apartments, group trips, etc where people may come and go at different points in time.) For now, apologies for the inconvenience!

19. Should be able to track expenses between two person in a group

We should be able to see the expenses between two people in a group

Let us suppose there are 3 people in the group A, B and C

Then A should be able to see the recent transactions between him and B
    (A and B ) and between him and C (A and C)

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add a 'by calendar' split method

Our household recently had some of its occupants change, and so the payment of things like rent and bills has been complicated. We needed to figureout who was present for each bill, and for how much, and therefore how much they should pay as a result.

Splitting 'by shares' and entering the number of days that people were around was a good solution here, but it's a pain to keep track of that manually.

What I'd love is a calendar where people can be added or removed. Then when an electricity bill comes in (covering 90 days), the date-range for…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base