Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Utility meter bill calculator

Hi Spltiwise,

I'm into my second year using Splitwise and I really enjoy it.

I use to manage all utility bills in a student house in the UK.

The way electricity and gas bills are done in the UK is on credit meters and commonly now a house's yearly usage is estimated and payments averaged over 12 months. And I have to take monthly meter readings for the utility company. This is naturally a nightmare to organize splitting my gas and electric bills. Because often housemates are away, so it's not a simple split.

What I currently do is manually…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Email an export of the group expenses when a user is removed from a group

Splitwise helps me keep a track of my past expenses if there is ever a need to backtrack. But today I'm stuck because I need to know an expense that occurred in the past in a group that I'm no longer part of. The group still exists so I can ask the guys who are there about it, but the expense is kind of trivial and I'm not in touch with those guys any more. It would be great if a user could get an export of the group whenever they are removed from the group (or even when the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change payee and payer on mobile

Not sure if this is on here yet as i couldn’t find it but it would be good to be able to change the people around when settling up. It can be a pain because i have to always jump on the computer to settle up instead of doing it on my phone with some of my friends because they may owe me money but im paying them. For example i pay money towards my phone bill to my Dad weekly so until the phone bill comes out before the end of the month it says he owes me money…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Link payment app (like Paynow) directly to app to easily settle up

My friends and I find that instead of manually paying cash or having to go through a different app to settle up, a better way would be to link direct payment apps (like Paynow) to splitwise to make settle up more convenient.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in! We’d love to support our Arabic speaking users better, and I’m sorry that we don’t support Arabic yet!
    Preparing for character based languages is a big task and we’re a small team so it’s not something we can promise soon. However, it is something we’d love to add at some point!

6. Open APIs to other applications to split.

When purchasing online or through apps, for Food, Groceries or any other ecommerce or shopping apps, directly provide a sdk for the apps to split the amount and easy access for the people splitting. Many a times people forget that they had paid for a group treat and then when re adding they have to check through bank statements or orders to know the exact amount. Splitting then and there would make it easier.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. boat "icon"

We rent a boat, it's really cool if I can catagorize this with a boat icon

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For now you can use the ‘Transportation, Other’ option. I’ll pass along your suggestion the next time we think about new icons/categories to add.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show expenses involving sepeartely with me

When clicking on one contact it has to show only the expenses he/she involved with me,it will be easy to track the expenses between two contacts.Kindly develop this idea.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

If you tap any friends’ name you’ll be taken to a list of your non-group expenses with them. Group bills involving the two of you will not be displayed in that same view. This is something we may develop in the future.

10. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Apple Watch complication

It would be awesome to have a complication for the Apple Watch to be able to quickly add expenses from the watchface!

Also with the new Siri api it would be hilarious to be able to add expenses through Siri on the Watch!!!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Itemized Bills on mobile

Please add the itemized split feature to iOS.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. Payment Not Categorized Correctly

For the expense Incurred in the month, we make payment or receive payment. These are recorded as Payments. When you go to all Expense, Under View Trends and View Chart details, it will show the expense for that month. There will be a total row which includes the payments made/received during that month. These settlements are part of the earlier expense made which are included in the previous sub section due to which its getting double counted. So it would be nice if a sub total be included before the payment and then another total including payment if needed.

Please…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adjust wording for payment confirmation when using Venmo.

When paying expenses using Venmo, I'd like it if the wording of the confirmation screen was slightly different. The current wording of "from your Venmo Account" makes me think that the current payment is using my balance in Venmo, which is actually incorrect in that case (the money would be taken from my bank account linked to Venmo).

Could you consider changing the text to reflect that the payment is "via Venmo" and leave it at that? That would make me stop and consider exactly how that balance is being payed using Venmo, instead of making me jump to an…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Plates: to increase the possible number of people

It would be great to have the possibility to use the app for up to 20 people. I often have the case were we are more than 10!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiply items on Itemized Bill

It would be great if I could enter in Itemized Bill how many items did I buy and from there, the web app would multiply this amount by price for 1 piece to get the total price.

Lets say I bought 4 boxes of milk for $10 each.

Right now I would enter it like this:
    4 Milks, $40

What I'd rather do is this:

Milk, 4 boxes, $10 each, total $40

This gives me better understanding of how many boxes did we bought and what was the price for 1 box.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re not currently planning any significant changes to the itemized bill form, but I see how this would be a useful addition. I’ll leave this open for further voting and pass along the suggestion.

17. my activity

Hello,

Sometime I want to see what all expenses I have already added so that I can add only the remaining one.
    Can there be an option to track just "my activity" for last 30-60 days.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Splitwise travel calculator. More than 14 days please!

Just add a few more days to make the calculator more usable.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate with Money Lover

If you add an integration with the budgeting app Money Lover for entering transactions that would be awesome. I'm imagining something this: if a user enables the integration then after entering a bill, air jumps to Money Lover with the transaction name and amount pre-filled.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Autocorrect

Please have it use the user's phone autocorrect when typing in expenses. I misstype a lot and don't like how my autocorrect doesn't work when using Splitwise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base