General

376 results found

1. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely see how this would be useful, but unfortunately we don’t have plans to add it as a feature right now, as we believe it could easily be used for harmful purposes (e.g. secretly deleting a balance with your friend so that you don’t have to pay them back). For now, we want to make sure that everyone on Splitwise has a full record of all the changes in their account.

2. New category for vacation

If you are on vacation, you have a lot of different shared expenses: flights and hotels, but also e.g. museum admissions, attractions. Right now, these stay uncategorized. It would be great to have a dedicated category for attractions or vacation.

The best solution to all these category requests would be to add a (pro?) feature to manage categories: remove those you don't need, and add new categories!

Cheers,
    Hannes

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Hannes! I would expect our “Entertainment” category would cover these kinds of items right now. We might add something that lets you remove categories at some point, but we do not expect to be adding the ability to add new categories.

Cheers,
    Marshall

3. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A high percentage of Splitwise bills get edited within 1 minute of being added. So we’ve introduced a 1 minute delay between when a bill gets added and when people get notified about it. We think it would be annoying to be double-notified. This affects “Activity” since that system is the same as our notifications system. Sorry for any trouble!

4. Ask to update the total when the sum is different when splitting unequally.

When we go to lunch we always split the bill unequally. The problem is, the time I enter the amount of each person I don't know the total amount to pay. This forces us to calculate the total amount first then entering the amount for each person. It would be very handy for us that the application to ask updating the total if the sum does not match instead of refusing to save.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure if this is applicable as a use case for Splitwise. Splitwise is designed for people who want to “split” a shared expense, which assumes the existence of a single expense that must be broken down into shares that each person owes.

Are you getting separate cheques at lunch and then adding them up? If that is the case then you should probably be adding those as separate expenses.

I’d love to hear more about what your exact use case is.

5. Comment

It will be better if we can upload a picture of bill in comment section. So that anyone from group can cross check if he/she want. It actually needed when u r not that much familiar with your friend ( new friend or classmates ).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Despesas por engano

Devia dar para eliminar uma despesa de vez por ter sido criada por engano, saindo assim das estatísticas e histórico.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Obrigado pela sugestão! Nós não planejamos adicionar qualquer maneira de remover despesas sem manter algum registro em torno deles ter existido. Há muito potencial para abuso com um recurso que permite que você secretamente excluir despesas.

Marshall

7. Ability to send a splitwise contact to others

You've been there before! Someone in the group pays the bill for the furst time but doesn't have the details of all othe other members. This would help to quickly send and receive contacts and add them as friend.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. I need analysis on how my montly spending is on different caterogies like groceres, rent etc.

the analysis must portray info in a pie chart or some other graphical chart among different category of expense and must give some analysis on how to save money among different categories and how to budget monthly expense on different category.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have some of this on the trends in the web app (look at view full trends under the trends section on the right sidebar). We aren’t planning to add comprehensive budgeting tools to the app.

Marshall

9. Fechamento

Boa tarde. Há algum tipo de fechamento(semanal, mensal ou diária) na ferramenta?
    Pois isso ajudaria muito. Pois há contas que fecham o mês, e não devem ser continuadas para o mês seguinte.
    Obrigado.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Obrigado pela sugestão! O aplicativo foi construído com base no pressuposto de que os saldos rolam ao longo dos limites dia / semana / mês. Se você quiser manter as coisas separadas por períodos de tempo, recomendamos criar grupos separados para cada mês no aplicativo e manter as coisas separadas dessa forma.

Marshall

10. Hi, do we have an option to export as spreadsheet monthwise?

Since we calculate expenses monthwise, this will give a good overview of expenses incurred every month. Also it's easy to calculate if amongst number of people.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have export to spreadsheet that does the whole time period for the account. This would be pretty simple to split into months in excel or something similar. We also have (in groups on the web only) a PDF summary for each month that you can export from the expense list.

Marshall

11. Pin/Star a particular expense for quick reference

Pin/star a particular expense which can be accessed quickly for reference later something similar to the whatsapp star message feautre.

This pinned/star expense can be accessible either specific to the group or universally on homepage.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to Personalize Amounts Formats

for example, add commas, delete cents, etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be helpful, but the apps and website are not really built in a way that makes this reasonable to add. At some point we might handle specific currencies differently (and we currently try to respect your country settings for commas vs periods in amounts), but total customization isn’t something we plan to add.

Marshall

13. Release Splitwise under an open-source license

Allowing others to review, modify, and redistribute the source code for this app will engage interested developers to help build, maintain, and improve the software for free. Developing in the open has tremendous benefits for both Splitwise and its users. For developers, we get some stake in the project, which encourages us to use and improve the software. For Splitwise, you get free labor, and a community built around your project that encourages people to write about it, speak about it, and advocate for it. There is really no potential for loss that I can envision in this case. Splitwise…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To enable something like you can read my text messages for expenses and push a notification to spilt of i want

This would help me spilt expenses without a fail, I will never forget if a notification is triggered as soon as I spend somewhere

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While this would be a useful feature the ability to read text messages is not available on all platforms and many people are concerned about privacy. Far too many users would be upset at the new permission request.

15. filter the expenses in the activity tab based group participants....

I want to see expenses done by me since last settlements.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think we’re likely to add this kind of feature to the activity tab. We are planning to look at adding more features in groups and friendships to let you search the expenses that should allow you to look for expenses you’ve added since your last settlement if you want.

Marshall

16. Dashboard friends order change

First Show ppl with debits/credits alphabetically then show ppl with settled debits alphabetically.
    Sometimes our list goes big and we have scroll down a lot to see ppl with debits or credits

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We don’t plan to change the ordering on that screen, but you should be able to show people you owe and owe you by tapping on the header of the friends list on mobile.

Marshall

17. Track the amount of unequal splits in cents

When the bill is 10 divided among 3, the expense is splitted as 3.33, 3.33 and 3.34 randomly. if i edit the expenses and add a comment, it changes the person paying 3.34. so I would suggest a change in algo that tracks who has paid more cents each time so that in the next expense, he has to pay 1 cent less.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We think that over a period of time, choosing a random person every time to assign the extra pennies to leads to a more fair result. If you feel like one of your friends is being assigned pennies more often than others, simply tap edit expense and hit save without changing anything.

18. Add 'My share' view

Currently the expense detailed are itemized either 'You borrowed' or 'You lent'. Suggest to add a view of 'My share' to see how much I spent in a group on an itemized level (I see there is a Group Total function to see in aggregate only). Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think we will add an itemized share amount to the app, though we will probably add a month-to-month breakdown by expense category at some point to the mobile apps (we have this under trends on the website now).

Marshall

19. Confirmation of removal of bills by other party

Guy A adds a expense of $ 100 and splits it equally with his friend Guy B.

Then Guy B deletes this expense saying it did not happen. Guy A does not get any notification and thus when next he logs on splitwise he does not see this change.

Now, such changes by Guy B should be confirmed by Guy A.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! You should see the deleted items in the Recent activity feed with a highlight if there’s new stuff there. You can also opt-in to email or push notifications from the notification settings for expenses.

Marshall

20. More Payment Methods?

Hi,

I was curious if Splitwise would be looking into adding more payment methods to their mobile and web platforms. Venmo and PayPal are really popular, but I have friends who aren't all on the same page, plus there's a disconnect with my parent's older generation.

Expanding to use Google Wallet/Android Pay apps or clearXchange network payments for banks (like Chase QuickPay) would definitely go a long way.

You're already half way there with Google sign-in!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do look at adding new payment integrations when they’re popular and have support for our kind of use (at the moment, neither Google Waller not Chase QuickPay offer integration support we could use).

I’m declining this because we have a number of open feature requests for specific payment integrations. Please go vote for or comment on the individual integrations you would be interested in using! I know you listed them here, but it’s important for us to track each integration request separately.

Marshall

1 2 9 11 13 18 19

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base