Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. The settle up option should available only for the who need to get the money. Or if the the other person done a settle up, it should wait fo

The settle up option should be available only for the one who need to get the money Or if the other person done a settle up, it should wait for the acknowledgement of the other person. Now it's just showing in activity log saying Person A paid Person B. Person B only able to add comments not able to revert it if the person A settle up with out paying the money.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Person B can always delete the payment if they never received it and we don’t plan to limit this as it breaks a lot of useful cases.

Marshall

2. payment directly from your app to other people in the group try linking banks or e-wallets

link e-wallets apps so that it will bring more interest in the app. and it would be better and easy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have integrations with PayPal and Venmo where they are available, but haven’t added anything beyond that. Please let us know which e-wallet you would use or find that app in our feature request forum and vote for it.

Marshall

3. Add a small edit. Where we can add friends' photos on their profile

I would like to see at a glance which friends I'm splitting bills with. So instead of a generic icon of a person, I'd like to add a pic of theirs to their profile

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this might be useful, but Splitwise is designed to be used with everyone on the same page, i.e all your friends should be able to sign up on Splitwise and see their balance with you. That is why only your friends can change their own name and profile picture on Splitwise, since it is a part of their profile.

4. VAT Addition

automatically calculate the value added tax for products when we specify the VAT percentage

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Comfirmed Exposes

The idea is that no exposes can be deleted or edited without knowledge of the concerning people.

So if a Group for an Event or whatever is bigger than only a few people it could be useful that creating, editing or deleting Exposes is only possible if all concerning people agree to this expose.

Therefor maybe a push notification could remind the user of outstanding agreements.

In general that would be a feature for big groups.

Thanks for reading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately due to the extra overhead that this would cause for everyone involved in an expense, we don’t intend to build out a feature that requires confirmation. Sorry about that! We encourage using the Recent Activity page and turning on notifications to make sure everyone is on the same page with their shared expenses.
    -Novall

6. Remove contact list in individual expenses

It would be great if adding friend to an expense an option rather than the first thing you see for "non-group expenses" given that this category is for personal expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Non-group expenses is actually intended for expenses with friends that are not included in a group (many people split expenses without using groups). If you’re just tracking your own expenses, I would recommend creating a group called Personal with yourself as the only member and track the expenses in there.

Marshall

7. Need an option to exclude expense from the calculation

Consider the following situation. I am lending some money to my friend. I don't know when he able to return it. If it's in normal owing list, I have to manually subtract that money for the calculations. So I can mark it as excluding list. In this scenario I won't forget the amount and also no need to calculate it manually or store it in some other apps or Google sheet. Please consider this request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not completely sure what you’re proposing. If you want to keep track of a loan given to a friend, and if it doesn’t contribute towards your balance with the friend, then how would you remember that you friend owes you that money?

8. Only Lent Person should be able to Settle Up from his account

When the bills are settled up, it should be done from the person who lent the money and not from the person who owes the money coz this may lead to fraud settlement

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We built Splitwise with the intention of keeping everyone on the same page with shared expenses, so anyone can add, edit, or record payments. There is a record of all of this kept in Recent Activity, so if there is a dispute, you can always reference the Recent Activity page. You also have the ability to delete the payment even if it was not recorded by you.

9. paym integration

curious if paym integration is in the works, would remove some friction when paying colleagues. Awesome service!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. PayPal payment issue

I have settled payment through PayPal . But transaction fee didn't mention when I did payment. The transaction amount has been debited from my card. When making Payment please show up the split up of bills. Because of this I lost around 6 dollars.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we do not control the fees or the way the interface works when you make a PayPal payment. These are both handled by PayPal and not something we can change. We do have a generic warning about fees on the payment option page, but can’t tell if you’re going to have any or not.

Marshall

12. Bring back the old way of entering the cost

The latest iOS update changed the way the cost field works. It used to add digits on as you typed, starting from cents. Now it's more like a standard text field where you put in a decimal point.

It sounds stupid, but this was one of the things I really enjoyed about this app compared with others (Google Wallet, PayPal), and I wished they'd do it your way, but now it's gone here too =(.

Even just a setting to change back would be great (though I get the UI simplification thing and this kinda cuts against that. But I…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble, Andrew! :( I was actually the original proponent for the ATM-style amount field, but the more that we observed it in use, the more issues we found: new users frequently screwed up their first expense, international users often had trouble with it, some 3rd-party keyboards didn’t work well with it, etc. It was a tough decision (especially since all our existing users were already used to the old style), but ultimately I think it’ll help a lot of people.

I don’t think we’re likely to add it as a manual setting, unfortunately, but I’m really sorry for the loss! R.I.P. ATM-style cost field <3

13. Reverse order of expense name and expense amount on mobile

When entering an expense on the mobile app, I often find myself trying to type the amount into the name field. This is because I'm usually at the register, and have the number top of mind. Compared to the name, the amount is harder to remember and easier to forget. It'd be easier to go back and add the name later: I'm more likely to remember that I went to CVS than I am to remember that I spent 17.63 there. It'd be great to have the option to reverse the order of the name and amount fields, at least…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! We’ve actually done a ton of testing on this, because people tend to have strong instincts one way or another – you’re definitely not the only person to accidentally enter the cost in the description field :) We ultimately found that description, then cost was the most “common” order, so that’s what we’ve gone with. I don’t think we’re likely to add a custom setting for this, but it is still on our list of things to think about – maybe we can come up with some clever improvements in the future.

14. Be owed money but not specify who owes it

In my group, I bought something so the group owes me money, but I don't want to assign amounts to people in the group - I just want to notify everyone that I spent money and would like to be reimbursed (reimbursement would be up to them to figure out)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of the fundamental philosophies of Splitwise is that you should always be able to add up all the expenses and figure out why you owe what you owe. If we add some kind of nebulous non-owed debt, this stops being true.

Marshall

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add anything to Splitwise that doesn’t convert into other currencies at a generally agreed upon rate. If you owed someone points, there wouldn’t be a simple way to pay them back for it and we couldn’t add suggestions for how many dollars a point is worth.

Marshall

16. expenses should shown under respective dates

expense in group should shown under their respective dates

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I’m unclear exactly what your suggestion is – would you like us to show the date next to each individual expense in our mobile apps? If so, I’m afraid we probably won’t be making that change. We’ve tried several different designs that included the date for each item, but we ultimately decided that it takes up too much room on small mobile screens, and we found in our testing that the large majority of Splitwise users don’t use the dates on expenses very much. However, you can still see a date next to each expense by logging into your account on our website.

If I’ve misunderstood your request, my apologies! Just leave a comment and I’d be happy to pass on any other feedback you have.

17. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! PayPal doesn’t currently allow us to make payments outside of the US, so I’m afraid we’re unable to offer this feature right now. We hope this will change in the future!

18. Plates: Allow user to enter absolute tip amount

Currently we can add 0% or 10-25% billing amount as tip.
    Allow tip amount to be entered by user (calculate and show % on basis of that)

This is because when we are in restaurant we prefer rounding up total amount e.g. if total amount to pay is $17.35 we pay @20 but plates app allow us to log it as either $19.95 or $20.13

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you’re talking about the “Simplify debts” feature that’s on the account settings page on our website? If so, I’m afraid we don’t currently have any plans to bring that feature to mobile – it’s an infrequently used feature, and we’ve found that it often confuses people, so we no longer emphasize it to users. Apologies for the inconvenience!

20. highlight the "Save" button better!

I tend to search for it very often after adding my expense info..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble! I’m pretty sure we place the “Save” button in the standard location on both iOS and Android (in the upper-right corner of the screen), so I’m not immediately sure what we could do to make it more obvious. If you have any more specific suggestions, let me know and I’d be happy to pass them on. Thanks!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base