Skip to content

General

238 results found

1. to tag a friend in the comment

able to tag a friend in comment, so he can be notified if someone sees any problem in the commented splitwise sheet

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense :) I’d love to improve our commenting system sometime later this year or early next year, so I’ll pass on your feedback!

2. Button for multiple zero (00 or 000)

Some currencies are usually in thousand (e.g. 54000, 3000, 455000). It will be more effective to use button for multiple zero instead of triple touch the single zero button.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort by outstanding debt

We use the app for a coffee club...The person with the biggest outstanding debt pays for everyone's coffee (well, whoever wants coffee at the time). Currently we need to scan the entire list of balances to find out who is most in debt to the group. Having a sort by debt function would save it's valuable seconds!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Interesting – I’ll pass on the suggestion! Can I ask how many people are in your group? I want to make sure I understand your use case as well as possible…most groups on Splitwise involve 3-5 people, so I think we figured that you’d usually be able to see everyone’s balance at a glance even without sorting.

4. Add tax support and partial split

There is a typical case I meet usually: I went to Walmart with my two roommates. X bought $10 things for himself, Y bought $12, Z bought $15. Meanwhile, we bought $30 things for sharing. And X paid the bill. Note that the money above didn't include the tax (I'm in US, one has to pay additional 8.75% tax of the original price). In this case we want to split the $30 and its tax equally, while each pay for his own thing including that tax. Since on the receipt the tax is only a sum, it's annoying for us…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble – I’ll pass on the feedback! For now, you could try adding your bill on our website and choosing “itemized bill” as the split method, which includes some handling for tax (and for splitting up a bill’s items between multiple people).

5. Allow group admin to delay notifications until after all bills are added

There's a lot of confusion when people start adding bills and the numbers owed keep changing. It would be better if we could all add our bills for a trip and then once that is complete, trigger the notifications. No need to get so many texts until a trip is all tallied.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We generally try to send notifications for expenses as soon as things happen, as most groups (apartments, etc) are used slowly over long periods of time, but I can see how this’d be useful in cases like yours.

6. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Draft expenses aren’t in our plans yet, but I can see how they’d be useful. I’ll pass on the suggestion and add it to our list of possible features for the future.

7. Default the group when I go to add expenses

Default the group when I go to add expenses. You can make a setting option for your default gruop

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be useful, so I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for future updates. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

8. separate expenses that don't alter the nett balance owed eg for a car loan to a friend

I would like to have the option of entering a record of money I've lent to a person that is separate to the running nett total eg for a large purchase that I've lent them money for and they are paying me back with interest that amount over time but that is seperate to everyday Bills which we do want to split and settle up in real time

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! For now, my advice would be to create separate groups for the different kinds of debts that you’re tracking, which lets you keep multiple balances with the same person.

9. Email Facility to Non Members

Email Facility to Non Members

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure if we’re currently planning any features to directly email someone who’s not on Splitwise, but we do have a few options to export expenses in a spreadsheet or printable summary, which you can then email to a person yourself. Right now, “export as spreadsheet” and “view printable summary” are only available on our website, but we’re working on bringing those features to our mobile apps, too. Hope that helps!

10. Graphic development

Develop new icons for each expense! Like coffee, rent, laundry...!!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Add email confirmation

After lots of confusion over why Splitwise was not working, and why my online account did not match my phone, I realized my email account in Splitwise on my phone had a typo, so all funds sent to me was going nowhere. You should require email confirmation on the mobile app! Security concern!! It should also be possible to have multiple emails associated, i.e. One account email and another associated with a paypal account.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble!! I know in the past we’ve tried to keep registration as lightweight as possible, since many people use Splitwise very casually, but I can imagine how confusing it’d be to have payments sent to a wrong address. I’ll pass on your suggestion at our next planning meeting.

12. Option to show only the transactions that involve me

This feature to hide transactions which do not involve me is already present in the web. So it would be great if the same is present in mobile.

It is particularly useful if you have a large group.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Manu – thanks for posting this in our forum! This would definitely be a nice improvement on our mobile apps, especially for large groups :) Hopefully it’s something we can work on next year!

13. Group Permissions

i know that you already thought about it for sure

but my idea at least the remind button
    other users can remind others for spamming only
    note that i created the group and A,B is members

A remind B thats he own me
    and he keeps doing that forever

if there is permissions at least on that point it will be great

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simplifying removal of users from a group

Its a pain to delete all the expenses of a user before removing him. I suggest that there should be a dialogue box which pops up asking the user who should the debt be passed on to in the group instead of showing an error saying that you cant remove that person. So for example if A is leaving the group where B and C owe him 105 and 110 respectively. Then if D is removing A, he/she should pay A 215 and then the app should show that B owes A 105, and C owes A 110. Doing this…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think I see your use case. I’m not sure if we’d implement it the way you suggest, but basically the issue is with groups that are very similar but changing slightly from week to week. I recommend increasing the size of the group and then unchecking people who are not there from the “split equally dialog” rather than removing them from the group. But I’ll leave the suggestion open as it’s an interesting point.

- Jon

15. Allow setting a limit to how much someone can owe you and if it goes above it, keep sending reminders after regular interval.

Lets say, a friend owes me monthly $50. If after couple of months he has still not paid up I should be able to set an upper limit to how much someone can owe me. If the limit is crossed, Splitwise should keep sending reminders after regular interval to my friend.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Smaran, thanks for the suggestion! We’ve been thinking about ways to improve our reminders, and I could see how this could be very useful, so I’ll pass on the idea at our next design meeting.

16. Some Enhancement suggestions

Hi,

I am using splitwise for months now. it is very good tool to split the expenses.

I guess few more features would be even more useful for the daily users like me. Below are some of the features i can think of

1. We are using to split the expenses made for Apartments, trips etc. Though we can able to know How much we owe and owed, there is no option for us to find the total expenses made in that particular Trip or Particular group. it would be great, if you could add the feature of total expenses for…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the message! Here are a few quick responses:

1) Yep, we definitely want to do a better job of showing totals! Hopefully that’s something you’ll see in the near future.

2) Actually, you can already export to Excel from our website: just choose a group or friend, then click the settings button at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. We’re working on bringing this feature to our mobile apps, too.

3) If you click on an expense to view its details, then it should give you a history of all edits made to that expense – if the cost was changed, if people were added or removed, etc. You can also see a brief history of all changes by going to the “Recent activity” screen, which shows all recent changes in your account.

4) Other people have also asked for the ability to…

17. Expenditure summary

I love this application, thanks for saving a lot of time spending what I owe and what I get. I have a suggestion of a expenditure summary of a trip or a for that matter any other category in Excel tabular format or pdf format that ways I know what every one spent during whole trip or month or customs date for a particular group

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Gururaj – thanks for the suggestion! We actually have a few export features like this on our website, which haven’t made it to our mobile app yet. If you log in to your account on Splitwise.com and navigate to a group, you should be able to view printable summaries for any month (by clicking the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses), or you can export an Excel spreadsheet of all expenses by clicking the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then choosing “Export as spreadsheet”. Hopefully some export features will make their way to our mobile apps in 2015!

18. 0.00 expenses

I'm interested in using the app to split chores. So when a roommate does a group chore like taking out the trash or cleaning the kitchen, they can record it on the app. Other roommates can check the app and give credit where credit is due like saying thank you or returning the favor in the future.

This prevents roommate initiative from going unnoticed and helps align expectations. One of the most common issues arising from living with other people is different levels of expectations and initiative. One person might be disgusted with the kitchen while another doesn't mind at…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Brandon – thanks for the feedback! We’d definitely considering adding better support for chores in the future, though we probably wouldn’t do it via $0 expenses (both for design reasons and for technical reasons, believe it or not). For now, you could try using the whiteboard feature for groups (web-only unfortunately, at the top of the right sidebar), or you could add a $0.01 expense. (You can even assign the whole balance of the expense to yourself, so that it doesn’t affect anyone’s total balances.)

19. Email/mobile verfication

some ppl will use my email or my mobile without any verfication

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Plates should support discounts too

When we apply discount coupons, restaurants give discount on final amount. As plates doesn't support this it difficult to use plates at such time.

Temporary workaround: Generally we subtract discount amount from tip and try to use it somehow.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Plates is as simple and easy to use as it is because we’ve left out a number of less frequent use cases. If this gets a lot of votes, we’ll know its something a lot of people would use, and will think about adding it.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base