Skip to content

General

51 results found

1. Removing the button to un-delete after un-deleting an expense

Hi,

I un-deleted an expense yesterday but was a bit confused when I saw the button still appearing in the activity page. Maybe removing the button (I totally understand the logic for keeping the deletion activity in tact) would be great and not so confusing :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Estelito – that definitely makes sense! I’ll add this to our list of to-dos for the web app. (I believe our iPhone and Android apps already work this way, so hopefully we can catch up the web app soon.)

2. Assign the correct person when I click to send a reminder

There´s a link with people's name, then there's one button close to each name to "Send a reminder". As I clicked the button close to the person's name, I thought it was going to send to that person, but what happened is that I send the same reminder to the same person a few times, because I missed the dropdown to actually select the person. Makes sense?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow us to enter payees (like electric company or gas company) to which we pay bills, instead of just individual bills.

I pay three primary bills a month; gas, electric, and internet. If I were able to look at these companies as a "payee" such as Consumers Energy, it would be super nice. Then, if you were to add the functionality of being able to look at your "history" with that payee, average monthly expense, and maybe some suggestions on saving for bills, it would be super helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Get Whitelisted by AdBlockPlus

Your advertising isn't obtrusive or annoying, and your service is super useful. You should see about getting whitelisted by AdBlockPlus because you completely deserve to get paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

7. make it easier to manage reoccuring expenses

I set it up once, and now i can't find it anywhere. Bad UX. Should be pretty central.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry about this – we know recurring expense support on the iPhone is pretty minimal and rather confusing. We’re hoping to make it clearer and easier to use in future updates.

8. Sync with Gmail contacts when entering email addresses for a group

When I create a group, I should be able to access Gmail contacts when I enter their addresses

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A ghost Entity

Another feature you could look at adding..
    Scenario: 4 people in a house. Bob
    goes on leave and should not be billed anything at all, but yet the old
    records should remain.
    At the easiest level, you could probably get a Ghost check box [not present in the house] on Bob's name and whenever you hit the Add Bill feature, Bob should be default unchecked.
    Thanks!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Selecting members involved

I have a big list of people and selecting people involved in a bill is a pain in the butt to me, as I have to scroll down and painstakingly look at all the ones. I suggest that if you have several columns ( as in a grid with all the people) it will be so much easy to check the people involved and check my checks as-well.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An itemized bill that is not yet paid by anyone, but owed by a group separately

Monthly bills could require contribution from different people. In the days of electronic payments, it is possible that a group of people share a single bill, but pay their contribution separately. For instance, a small company's employees share a single cellular business plan, but pay their own portions personally.

So the entire total is not paid by one person, and other people in the group paying that person back. Rather, it is a shared bill being paid for by each person in the group, for their contribution. It would be good to use as a tool to track whether other…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it easier to split Foodler orders

The current UI is cumbersome when splitting up a shared Foodler order (or GrubHub, etc). I wish there was some kind of integration, like a button on Foodler which automatically splits the order up, or a UI flow that eases the data entry on the SplitWise site.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we don’t have plans to support Foodler or Grubhub specifically, we do plan to add better support for adding complicated food orders to the system.

Marshall

13. Display the old and new balances for each person involved in Debt Simplification

Debt simplification is a very good idea, but it lacks one most important thing. The old and new balances for each participant with the friends they simplified with. This is causing a lot of confusion, as to who was owing how much before the debt was simplified. So, it is urgently required if you could add the details about how much each person paid and how much each person gets back after the debt simplification.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Events rather than bills

It would be easier if you added an "events" category, for situations when several persons pay for the same event.
    In my case, we hold several times a week big dinners in a shared household. Let's say we are 10 having dinner, I'll go groceries shopping for 40 €, my friend Paul will buy bread for 4 € and my friend Sarah will buy meat at the butcher's for 60 €. Right now, I need to add three bills for one single dinner, copying each time the same information about participants and number of shares. I'dd much rather add an…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re about to make some big changes when it comes to how groups interact with our one on one friendships. These changes will help ease the pain of the situation you’re describing.

I think that being able to tag things (like this dinner) without having to create a group or add it 3 times would be great.

15. Make a show math option.

I think there should be a way to see how the math works out for everyone, because me and my roommates get very confused every once in a while.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Showing the breakdown of the simplification is something that we are going to be doing in a future update. I agree that showing how we got the totals we did within the debt simplification would be extremely helpful to our users (and myself!)

16. Detailed bill summary

In a apartment or home group, where the names are listed who owes what, you should be able to tap their names and see a detailed summary of exactly what they owe per bill

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making the amounts that people owe easier to read and better organized down the road. I really like the idea of clicking on the name and having it shuffle so you only see what their amounts are.

17. 4 Weeks doesn't = 1 Month

The app has a small flaw. When you say monthly in your app.. you tend to mean every month from the 4th to the 4th for example.. However my bills are every 4 weeks which is not quite every month. It would be good to have an option which says every 4 weeks as well as every month that way we know and can set alarms for each due date. Another handy thing would be to be able to set up different reminders for each person for the same bill. IE she gets paid fortnightly and I get paid monthly…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would throw a wrench in your billing cycle. I’d personally like our users to be able to custom pick reminder dates, and it’s something we’ve talked about internally. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if/when we can get that on our schedule.

18. In the subject line of "Bill added by ..." email, include the amount you owe.

It apparently gives my roommate a mini heart attack every time she sees "Bill ($$$$) added by Person".

Please consider altering the subject line to something like "Bill ($$$$) added by Person (you owe $$$)". Hell, maybe just leave the amounts out of the subject altogether, and leave all the details for the body of the message.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email summary for the expenses

If we can have the email summary for the expenses for all / some participants then it would be great.

Please look in the email summary of Share-a-bill app for iphone for an example.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making some more email reminder choices for groups in the near future. I can understand why in bigger groups going through each person and sending them a single email instead of the whole group could be frustrating.

20. 30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base