Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Save expenses to later submission

I would like to have an option save the expenses somewhere so that I can submit it at a later time. Sometimes i don't want to submit bills in a hurry but want to document it so i don't forget.Thanks.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  Zoe responded

Thanks. I hear you. We’re hesitant to create a ‘staging site’ for bills because we think that may cause a lot of confusion — you’d have to remember which bills you had actually added versus ones you’d only partially added. You’d have to remember to revisit the app to actually submit expenses. We’re aware of the need and will keep thinking through how to best let you store info without necessarily pinging your friends. Cheers!

2. Apple Watch complication

It would be awesome to have a complication for the Apple Watch to be able to quickly add expenses from the watchface!

Also with the new Siri api it would be hilarious to be able to add expenses through Siri on the Watch!!!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Aggregate Trip expenses

For trips category it makes sense to have a single chart/summary rather than having a month-wise one. With the month-wise one trips that go over the month-end are difficult to generate a report for.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Itemized or Detailed Balances

Select a person and return a detailed list of expenses.
    e.g.
    Dave owes $200.00
    Gas $60.00
    Electric $40.00
    Cable $100.00

The people in my group are always asking me for the details of what they owe.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d definitely like a better way to explain exactly why you owe what you owe, but unfortunately it’s surprisingly tricky, since people often pay for things out of order. For now, your best option is probably to look at the printable summary page on our website, which gives a detailed breakdown of recent expenses for each person.

7. please show total amount in group expenses

While providin printable summary, the total group expenses should be given in it. man u save a hefty amount of our time. thank you great job man. luv u

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass this on – I know we already include totals for how much each individual person paid/owed, so it would make sense to include the total of all expenses, too :)

8. Add image/PDF from cloud storage service (Drive, Dropbox support)

I download electronic (PDF) versions of all my expense statements (electric bill, gas bill, etc) and save them to a folder in Google Drive. It would be great if I could attach the PDF file from Google Drive (or Dropbox, Box, iCloud whatever) to an expense, much like you can already attach a photo from the photo library.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add Turkish Language support

You are great but please add Turkish Language support.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. "Should we buy" feature needed!

You guys should add a feature where a group member can suggest a group purchase and then members of the group can either support, down vote, or propose another item for purchase. When the eventual purchase item is approved the cost is then split amongst the approving members.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Feature reques: Move personal balance to group

In the knowledge base article "Why am I settled up in my friendship but still have balances with my friend in groups?", I learned that I can move the balance with A in group G to personal balance with A. However, I need to do the other way around: move the personal balance with A to group G. The story is like this: I owe $1 from A, B, C, D personally and separately, however, they are all in group G, so I would rather to move them to G so that I owe the group $4. Further, if there…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Definitely makes sense! We’re working on better ways of settling up across both personal debts and group debts, because we know it’s a pain in the neck right now :) We hope to have new features to help with that soon!

12. Offer time banking!

I'm collaborating with a couple of friends on different projects and would love if you could add "Hours/Minutes" as a currency so we can use Splitwise as our time bank without having to decide and keep track of an artificial hourly rate.

Possible? Even prohibitive on the mobile version, how about a web app pilot? It would be a really progressive and fabulous thing to do.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Really cool idea (and thanks for posting here as well as via email) – we’ll definitely think about it once most people are not using the version of iPhone OS that doesn’t support it (because our custom currency support would have to apply across all systems).

- Jon

13. Feature request - calculate taxes!

I'd love to be able to calculate the final amount owed/someone owes directly with the app. E.g. if there's a 15% service tax on something my friend bought for $16.95, then it'll calculate the total for me and record that. Right now, I use a separate calculator, so it's a big hassle.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make it easier to add a person to a group

It took me a couple of minutes to find how to add someone to a group which I felt was pretty hidden. I would've imagined that "add a person to group" would be in the right hand panel, or in the view full details overlay.

or ... if i clicked on a user, that I could have a dropdown to add a user to a group.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  15. expense sorting in group

It would be great and easier for the user to have the option of sorting the expenses based on amount, date, category,and payee in the group.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! For now, your best option is probably to export your group to a spreadsheet (by going to your group, then clicking the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar and choosing “Export as spreadsheet”), then using Excel or other spreadsheet programs to sort the output. How that helps!

16. Sign up using phone number-text

Like whatsapp, why not provide sign up using just a phone number / text.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export top level category name to CSV

Presently only the lowest level category name gets exported.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow incoming bills be linked directly to Splitwise

Is there a feature where we could link our incoming bills for other users involved to see? If not, I'd love to see it. For example, it would be nice to have an electronic gas bill come in as a read only document so everyone paying can just look straight at the bill when it is received and not have to wait for someone to post what payment would be. I suppose it would be linked through your email acct and/or utility company. This transparency also allows people to be more on top of their payments, and more accountable should…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. Lydia payment

Title is explicit enough, I guess

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. One-Time Cancellation of Recurring Payment

Recurring payments are awesome, but sometimes they change slightly or you need to cancel just one month's recurring payment. I don't see how that is possible right now. That would be a great feature and make recurring payments much more flexible.

Example use case:

I set up a recurring payment for our rent. This month our AC broke and we had to pay ourselves to fix it. So this month's rent is actually cheaper since we take out the cost of the AC repair. If I could delete the recurring payment for just this time, I could manually add a…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chandler,

Thanks so much for the feedback. Your use case definitely makes sense – there are times I would have used this myself.

We’re planning on reviewing and improving the recurring system sometime in the later summer or early fall, so I’m sorry we can’t help you with this more immediately.

Thanks again for writing!
    - Jon

1 2 8 10 12 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base