Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Go back to Billmonk model

I dont understand why splitwise has become so popular, It is the most frustrating websharing site I've used. It is incredibly frustrating to have site that is simple and works incredibly well (billmonk) and clearly be bought out by such a frustrating site.

I feel like this site does nothing but frustrate me. Yes it is simple to add bills and it looks very pretty. But all of the is greatly outweighed by how much frustration it causes. It is especially aggregating when I try to find an alternative only to realize you have bought out any other decent site…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise is actually completely unrelated to Billmonk (which was bought by BillPin a few years ago). We think Billmonk was really great – I used to use it myself! – but we definitely have different ideas about certain features, and we don’t intend to copy their model.

If you’d like any help with your specific Splitwise account, feel free to email us at support@splitwise.com and we’d be happy to help out with whatever problems you’re having. Again, apologies for the frustration!

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add anything to Splitwise that doesn’t convert into other currencies at a generally agreed upon rate. If you owed someone points, there wouldn’t be a simple way to pay them back for it and we couldn’t add suggestions for how many dollars a point is worth.

Marshall

3. Not all photos are receipt

We use Splitwise to split home-made food costs. And we like to attach a photo of the dish to remember how tasty it was.

But when I see a bill, it has the title Receipt above the picture.

I suggest to change that title for a generic one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! While you are more than welcome to attach whatever photo you want, we want to use the word receipt to suggest what we think the feature is for. I think no one is confused when they see a delicious plate of food under the label receipt.

Marshall

4. After Payment turn the old bill records to green

I Owe a person in multiple bills, After the payment is done to the respective person. I want the old settled up records to turn green, as they are settled.
    It makes the user pleasant feeling when he/she checks the list is green and settled up so that he need not worry about them.
    I hope this will be a add on feature to "split wise" app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Household items/toiletries/cleaners expense and food share.

When one of the roommates purchases food or common household items like cleaners or paper towels or is constantly the one replacing these type of items; it would be nice to see a way to calculate their usage in order to properly pay for the necessities. I don't see that one person should be responsible for always buying these if they aren't the only one to use them. I had an issue a while back with a roommate not buying toilet paper because she said that she rarely was home and didn't think she used enough to really supply the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have a couple of ideas similar to this, but it sounds like the fundamental issue is your roommate disagreeing about usage. It doesn’t seem like asking them to track usage is going to be very successful. If you get them to agree to a fair share ahead of time, we have the ability to split by percent and shares, which should work in that case.

Marshall

6. make a Splitwise for utilities

Certain people prefer to use the AC/heater more often than others, and I was hoping there was a way to somewhat divide the electric bill dependent on who decides to turn it on, while others who prefer not to have it on can pay a smaller portion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve done some research into this kind of thing, and there’s not one good solution for this kind of thing. The fair option varies a lot by circumstance, so the only good choice is to negotiate this ahead of time with whoever you are moving in with.

Marshall

7. Set reminder date

An email to the group is automatically sent out one the 1st of each month. Our rent is due before that. Can there be a group setting to chose which date an email reminder is sent out each month?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! We don’t plan to add a setting to change the date of our monthly summary email, but we DO have an option to make bills automatically recur, and to send out a reminder email a few days in advance. The next time you add your rent bill, click on the date, and you should see an option to make the bill automatically repeat every month. If you turn that on, then you should also see an additional option to send a reminder several days in advance. Hope that helps!

8. please ask user at the end. Like want to add in YES OR NO. Because sometime i entered wrong value and i have to edit again for correction.

Hi Sir,

There is one suggestion from me about android app.
    Please ask user at the end.
    Like want to add in YES OR NO.
    Because sometime i entered wrong value and by mistake i click on check mark from keyboard its going to send notification to all.
    Then i have to edit again for correction.
    Again it will send notification to all.
    So its better to ask first before editing, by showing total amount to user.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestion about confirmations! You’ll be happy to know that if you edit an expense within 30 seconds of submitting it, Splitwise will not generate a second notification – instead, only one notification with the correct information will go out. Or, if you delete the expense, no notification will be sent. We add a deliberate 30 second time delay to notifications for this reason, and it has saved me many times.

Since many users use Splitwise frequently, we optimize for speed of data entry, so I’m going to decline your request to put in an additional confirmation step. But I hope this helps address a concern for you and if you have more specific concerns feel free to write support.

Best,
    Jon

9. allow shift workers to use simplify debt feature to simply complex shift trades

I work a shift work job and my co workers and I are always trading shifts back and forth, over the months we lose track of who owes who a shift. If we could log them all into an app that had a simplify debt feature we could tap into "shifts owed" much easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! It’s very hard to correctly solve the problem of splitting things that have a currency value and we don’t plan to add anything non-currency as it causes a number of problems in our interface and design. If you want to track shifts like this, I would recommend adding a group and agreeing to use some unusual currency for “expenses” in that group. Then just keep in mind that 1 of that currency means one shift.

This will cause some weird behaviors in the app, but shouldn’t be too bad.

Marshall

10. Adding an option to have a payee as a bill

Okay so this app requires you to select a person you owe the money too, like a roommate. I thought it would be cool, and I would need this myself, if you could add a lender or a monthly bill like a phone contract/insurance/broadband as a Payee and have it so two people can pay towards it, so you can keep track of the payments you've both made each time. For example, my partner has a catalogue, both of us have bought a computer out of it, so we both owe £400... it's hard to keep track of who's payed…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure what exactly your feature request is. It is already possible to keep track of split expenses such as monthly bills on Splitwise.

Simply enter the name of the bill in the description, such as ‘Broadband bill’ and then you can add as many people as you like amongst whom you’d like to split the bill.

11. Chars

The charts need to be broken down to groups. When clicked on the particular category, it can show the other expenses in the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. paym integration

curious if paym integration is in the works, would remove some friction when paying colleagues. Awesome service!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need an option to exclude expense from the calculation

Consider the following situation. I am lending some money to my friend. I don't know when he able to return it. If it's in normal owing list, I have to manually subtract that money for the calculations. So I can mark it as excluding list. In this scenario I won't forget the amount and also no need to calculate it manually or store it in some other apps or Google sheet. Please consider this request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not completely sure what you’re proposing. If you want to keep track of a loan given to a friend, and if it doesn’t contribute towards your balance with the friend, then how would you remember that you friend owes you that money?

14. Factor non group debts among group members when simplifying debts between them

If two members of a group have a non group debt, it is better if group simplification preferably simplifies it such that they have to pay each other at the end. That helps to reduce total count, not just within the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful. Unfortunately, to avoid some complicated edge cases, choices in group debt simplification is not something we can change like this. If we add this kind of adjustment, you run into cases where after settling up with someone (in or out of the group), the new debt simplifications will show you as owing that person money again.

Marshall

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry you don’t like the new Android design! We plan to keep using the new design, but if you have any particular feedback or suggestions, let us know – we’re always looking for ways to improve the app.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding an option where people can enter amount more than the total cost and apap will calculate accordingly

Suppose an event is added for $100 and it has 3 participants who paid $50, $25 and $25. this is possible in your app. But suppose One guy paid $75 and two others paid $25 each.. app shows an error as total collection is more than actual bill.

This possibility occurs when people pool in money and pay from the collective fund.
    So it would be awesome if there's an option to see how much a person will get back , for instance, in the above mentioned case, the person a gets back $25.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! The specific request you have isn’t one we plan to support, but you should be able to do this with the current tools.

In your example, it sounds like you’re collecting money ahead of time (otherwise why pay more for the expense than needed). You should add separate payments of $75, $25 and $25 from each person to whoever is collecting the money.

Then have that person record each expense they pay for as paid by them. This will correctly keep track of all debts for the event.

Marshall

18. Comfirmed Exposes

The idea is that no exposes can be deleted or edited without knowledge of the concerning people.

So if a Group for an Event or whatever is bigger than only a few people it could be useful that creating, editing or deleting Exposes is only possible if all concerning people agree to this expose.

Therefor maybe a push notification could remind the user of outstanding agreements.

In general that would be a feature for big groups.

Thanks for reading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately due to the extra overhead that this would cause for everyone involved in an expense, we don’t intend to build out a feature that requires confirmation. Sorry about that! We encourage using the Recent Activity page and turning on notifications to make sure everyone is on the same page with their shared expenses.
    -Novall

19. VAT Addition

automatically calculate the value added tax for products when we specify the VAT percentage

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lending

Is there the facility for Lending money to another person within the group. Apps like Share a Bill have this facility

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve considered lending, but don’t plan to add it to the app. You can record lending money by adding an expense where the person you are lending money to owes you the full amount.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base