Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. In Plates, display list of participants and what they owe

Plates is a great app. The best of its kind.

However, it would be nice to be able to display a list at the end, showing each person's name (or number) and the base, tip, tax, & total amounts for that person, with grand total at the end. Then the phone or tablet could be passed around the table so each person can see their amount due.

The list should be tabular, like a spreadsheet, with one row per person, and five columns for the name, base, tip, tax, total amounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think this is something we’re likely to do, but I’ll leave this up and see if it gets a lot of support. We do have requests to add names to plates in the app and tapping on each plate will show a breakdown of the total at the end, which seems like it would handle this use case.

2. Integrate with SwedBank

Integrate quick payment with SwedBank API.
    Android SDK https://github.com/swedbank/android-banklink

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Plates: Real-time bill

Sometimes it can be very challenging to keep up with who orders what and how much. Sometimes we spend a bit of time asking around. How about real-time bill? This allows the host (or whoever is willing to use the app) to actively split the bill during the event and it is time-stamped.

Scenario:
    -5 friends show up and orders a few drinks
    -20 min later, they order snacks
    -30 min later, 2 more friends shows up and places more orders
    -Repeat until all friends are present and placed all orders.

Issue (towards the end):
    -Some were drunk. They don’t…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Beauty - New Tag

Hi there. May you guys put a new item called Beauty (At Life Style group set)? It will be useful for example when I want to register a hair cut, a manicure or pedicure (finger nails), a SPA session, etc.

Than you very much in advance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integrate with paynow/PayLah!

Hi! I was wondering if you guys would be interested to add paylah!/ paynow (most commonly used mode of payment in Sinagpore) to settle up payments between accounts . Thanks! Xoxo

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d love to add more payment integrations to make it easier to settle up right from Splitwise. Thanks for the suggestion! I will leave this open for further voting for now.

8. Do not hoard my private data

In the app store, it says this app will store data such as location, contacts, diagnostics etc that can be connected to me. This is completely unreasonable. Some of this data should not be collected at all and the rest should be anonymized.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Calendar view for activity

Hello!

Don't mind it being a pro feature.

With the existing functions ( photo/note/date)
    It would change my whole experience if Splitwise has the calendar view for activity.

It's a pain to scroll through activity looking for one entry. This would bring benefit including but not limited to :

1)Visualizing the activities solves our argument when someone is surprised by the amount they own. We can quickly pin point who entered/paid on what date.

2)I see many comments on using Splitwise for personal finance. This update will also help with those wanting to use Splitwise to track person spendings.

3)This…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Add venmo id/ zelle id on account profile

Most often people don't settle because they feel reluctant to reach out and ask
    "what is your zelle id?", "Do you have venmo linked with Splitwise?" , "How can I pay you?"

I suggest splitwise add a feature where everyone can mention on their profile how anyone can transfer them money. Which if you owe someone money you can look at the profile and pay them.

You can also add a "verified symbol" next to venmo payment to show the venmo account is linked to Splitwise and using the same email as Splitwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Uneven splitting + Custom tip for plates app

It’d be great if you could split various amounts unevenly (using fractions or another method). For example, A, B, C, D, and E were at a restaurant for E’s birthday. A and E get a drink to share, but A, B, C, and D are covering E’s bill. So A is covering half the drink cost + (1/4)*the other half of the drink cost. The rest of B, C, and D are splitting the remaining drink cost.

Allow inputting of custom tip at the end instead of using specific percentages to determine tip. For example, maybe my exact tip amount…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Ready to Settle" Button/Status for Groups

One pain point I've noticed is that right after a trip, some people in a group settle up before all the trip expenses are added to the group. Then, they have to settle up again after the further expenses are added.
    It is very tempting to jump the gun and press that settle-up button.

We usually have a parallel text message chain about who is ready to settle up.

It would be great if each member of a group could set their status to "Not Ready to Settle/Still have expenses to enter" (Red) or "Ready to Settle/All expenses entered" (Green)…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it easier to plan for future expenses where no one has paid yet

Make the “payer” optional. One person submits rent payments but we want a way to track payments coming up when no one has paid yet that just shows who to send the money to without saying the person already paid for it. we just need a way to check off who has paid and who hasn’t.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Total payable amount breakdown while sending reminder

Hi there,

Great work with the app. I downloaded the app today, used it for a while and I think I am gonna stick with it for a long long time. Its very useful for me. A couple of ideas or suggestions i would like to give though-

1) while sending reminder, it would be great if i could send a screenshot of the expenses owed by my friend at the other end. May be a screenshot or a simple breakdown of the expenses, it would be very helpful.

2) its irritating that everytime i have to assign a bill…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll pass ‘em on at our meeting on Monday, but here’s a quick response:

1) Good thought! We do provide a link to Splitwise in the reminder email, where that person can log in and view the full list of bills, but it could definitely be nice to see the list directly in the email.

2) You’re definitely not the first to ask for this, but there are a few reasons we haven’t done it. The first is selfish – requiring invites helps Splitwise to grow, which allows us to keep the service free rather than having to charge. The second reason is user confusion – you’d be surprised how often people email us wondering why they can’t see the bills their friend added, or why their copy of the app shows a different balance than their friend’s (usually because they email addresses they’re using don’t…

15. Add Passbook support!

Would be great if passbook was supported, we could quickly check to see the split balance of someone I regularly split lunch with...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting suggestion – I’ll pass it on! My current understanding is that Passbook has some issues with keeping perfectly in sync (i.e. the Passbook only syncs its passes once every few hours), but it may be that that behavior has changed, or that the behavior will get better with iOS 8.

16. More categories and change payer default

I have 2 ideas after using your app to control a eurotrip with my husband and parents to Europe (btw, I love this app!! total life saver!)

1. More categories, such as theater and other expenses.
    2. Sometimes I forget to go back and change who paid the bill. I should be able to choose if I want to be asked for who paid the bill
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggesting!

1. We do add new categories from time to time. I’m leaving this as under review so if we get a lot of votes for this we know a lot of people would use a theater category. We have a general category, would “other expenses” be different than this?

2. I do this myself from time to time, so I know it can be annoying. Our solution to this is to make it easy for anyone on the expense to edit the expense if there are mistakes on it. You can also opt-in to notifications when an expense gets updated or added to help keep track of things. If we were to add a feature like this, it would be for everyone and not a setting. Given how almost all expenses are paid for by the person who adds them, I don’t think the added annoyance…

17. I believe India got a huge market for this app.

If possible try have a share option so that people can share there dues & bills on apps like whatsapp. I think u guys must start advertising for this product. Mostly students and Bachelors.
    You can charge a nominal charge of just ₹ 50 / year in India. This app deserves to have in app purchases, as it's dealing with real money.
    Note: try keeping it add free!!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! We’re mostly focused on the US, since that’s where our company is based, but we care a lot about India too, and there are lots of Indian users on Splitwise.

Right now, we offer an optional Pro version with some extra paid features, and we might add in-app purchases in the future. We definitely plan to keep Splitwise ad-free, and we plan to always offer a free version to get people started. If you want to support Splitwise, the best thing you can do is tell your friends about us – it’s free and it helps us grow! :)

18. Change the way you notify users of new expenses!

Hi Guys,

Maybe I am just an idiot, but I keep on making the same mistake over and over with Splitwise.

The problem is that when someone adds an expense where I owe them XX amount, i get normally get a push notification for that specific expense. Lets say my house mate adds an expense where I owe him 100. I then get a notification that says an expense of 100 has now been added. Almost every time this happens, my thought process is, 'Cool, I'll quickly pay that person the 100 that i owe them". The problem is, I…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Show monthly total that x owes me as of that month

Consider the case if users are not settling up bills months and some time after if i want to check whats x owes me as of previous month end. Show the total that x owes me at end of that month for all previous months in "all transactions list".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can view this currently from our website – just log in, then go to a friend or group, and then click the “View printable summary” link at the top of each month’s expenses. We hope to bring something similar to our mobile apps in the future. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

20. Group summary

A group would have many transactions that are not split equally. And so it is very useful to know exactly what the status of a particular group is. Total group's expenditure, my share, etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base