Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Able to Choose Expense Payment Type (Credit Card / Cash / Custom Name)

My Need: I use Splitwise primarily to track expense record with my friends and family, but I also use it to track travel expenses.

While Splitwise support multi-currency expense, I expect the app to able to record my payment method (e.g. paid by Card or Cash). It would be even better to customise payment method name, so I can add different cards in Splitwise.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll leave this open for further voting for now.

In the meantime, you can use the ‘notes’ or ‘memo’ field to indicate what payment method you used to make the payment.

2. Group settle

One thing i liked about Billmonk was that i could create random groups and did not have to send invites and link to others. Once I could create random groups i could easily shuffle debts between everyone in the group.. That was super convenient. Also on the fly I could remove and add users during the debt shuffle process.

I wish you could build something like that. It was much better user experience

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on the way groups and friendships work together and we agree that expenses should be shuffled around between people to make peoples lives easier. Adding people to the debt shuffle is something we’ll talk about and see if it’s something we’d like to do.

3. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve on-boarding and FTUX

First time experience is horrible and confusing to non-technical users. Please improve the emails and on boarding so friends know what they are being invited to. Even worse: friends who already had accounts mistakenly signed up with second accounts and didn't know how to merge. We had to delete the group and start over. I had to hand hold everyone and tell them not to add bills or make payments until we were all signed up correctly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Cindy – really sorry for the trouble! We know this is a weak spot for Splitwise right now, and we’re working on improving it.

The “second accounts” issue is a particularly thorny one, and we’ve been adding features recently to try to help the problem, like a “merge accounts” option on the account settings page of our website. In the longer term, we’d like to add the ability for accounts to have more than one email address, in the hopes of preventing this kind of problem in the first place. We’re also working on a big iPhone update to address a bunch of usability issues, and to give new users more instruction the first time that they use the app. (Those changes should make their way to Android as well, once we measure their impact to learn what works and what doesn’t.)

Again, apologies for all the confusion! If…

5. Button for multiple zero (00 or 000)

Some currencies are usually in thousand (e.g. 54000, 3000, 455000). It will be more effective to use button for multiple zero instead of triple touch the single zero button.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Group cloning feature

I would really help if you could add a clone group feature. I have to maintain expenses on a monthly basis between the same group of people. Creating the same group every time is a pain. Also it would reduce the effort in creating new modified groups.

Like I cloned an existing group and then in the confirmation step, make some modifications if required and then click on a button like create group.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting. We do have a feature on the web to export a PDF of the balance for a group for the month. This might help solve this for you for now.

Marshall

7. Add @WorkflowHQ app integration to your service!

Allow iPhone users to automate expense entry in the app via a workflow. The integration should allow to specify which group and percentage to use.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Mercy responded

We continually review all integration requests when we are planning the future roadmaps of the project. However as a small team we cannot offer any addition information on when we will be able to add them if at all.

8. Add a trip(or Event) feature inside a group among same friends

A trip or event option inside a group of four friends gives them the ability to see how much they spent for each trip separately rather than showing the total balance of all trip expenses in group dashboard.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Financing bill option

Entering a total purchase amount to be split by two people and paid in full by a due date. Then the option to set a monthly/weekly amount due. For example, I financed a purchase with my boyfriend. We have a monthly total due until the amount is paid off. Being able to see the full amount due, but his amount owed to me only reflecting that months payment rather than the total would be nice. This way it would calculate what I may owe him monthly rather than it seeming like he always owes me a large sum.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sum of expenses by type

hello :) I think it could be nice if you could summarize your expenses by type (e.g. liquors or entertrainment) :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very basic version of this on our website right now (under “Trends” in the right sidebar), as well as on iPad. Hopefully it’s something we can bring to more devices in the future!

11. Internationalization

Notifications are not localised properly. Looks like the language of a notification depends on the language setting of the user who caused the notification. See: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/391374/WhatsApp%20Image%202016-09-05%20at%2011.52.54.jpeg

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Zoe responded

Yup — this is a limitation of our current internationalization infrastructure. We’d love to improve it some day but it’s not presently on the road map. We’ll update this post when that changes. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meanwhile!

12. change "repeat just this once" to "don't repeat"

When choosing a date for a bill, the first option is "repeat just this once", which is silly, isn't it? It's not actually repeating, it only happens once. I think changing it to "don't repeat" would be more appropriate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We think the “Repeats just this once” phasing is more clear in the context where you’re looking at parallel sentence construction of a number of repeat options. I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting, but I expect we will keep the current language.

Marshall

13. Allow links in the comments section

When added a link in the comment section is there any way to make it clickable

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Open APIs to other applications to split.

When purchasing online or through apps, for Food, Groceries or any other ecommerce or shopping apps, directly provide a sdk for the apps to split the amount and easy access for the people splitting. Many a times people forget that they had paid for a group treat and then when re adding they have to check through bank statements or orders to know the exact amount. Splitting then and there would make it easier.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Link payment app (like Paynow) directly to app to easily settle up

My friends and I find that instead of manually paying cash or having to go through a different app to settle up, a better way would be to link direct payment apps (like Paynow) to splitwise to make settle up more convenient.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. [BUG] splitting expense by shares calculation isn't accurate

A lot of the times I am trying to split a bill between friends for food. I want to know how much I owe based on the price of my item, and how much we paid after taxes and tip. Owed = (total w/ taxes & tip) * (pre tax price / pretax total)

I try to do this with shares instead, so for an item for $15.50 I will enter as 1550 shares. The problem is, this calculation is rounded too much and the amount I owe is not deterministic.

For example, my friends ordered items that are $15.50,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We designed this feature around the idea that a couple might take two shares on an expense or a family might take 4 shares to avoid needing to have everyone on the expense, so the system currently calculates all the shares to the exact penny, with some getting an extra penny when rounding is necessary. As you noted, with large numbers of shares, the extra pennies get randomly assigned with a much larger variation than would be ideal.

In theory, over time the way the extra pennies get assigned will be fair, but the next version of the Android app will use a different methodology that will handle these cases with much less variation. Most cases will not vary at all, but in some rare situations you might see the exact rounding vary by 1 penny.

18. Plates can include a way to separate diners/plates who are accidentally combined

There is currently no way to split diners/plates if you accidentally combine them on the app. A click and hold or two-finger splitting of the plates could accomplish this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate with Beemit (Australia)

Settling accounts is the most frustrating part of using splitwise. Understand integrating with banks directly may be tricky from a compliance perspective but there are payment apps out there. Integration with these, would facilitate easy settlement of accounts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 50-50% payment automatically

When you enter multiple payers it would be cool if there would be possibility to make an even split automatically instead of typing in the amount displayed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 13 14

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base