Skip to content

General

80 results found

1. "settle up" button has ambiguous meaning

The use of the "settle up" button to begin a payment is a bit confusing. Perhaps I'm just used to the way Splitwise used to work, but when I think "Settle up", I imagine seeing the list of who owes who. I actually ended up spending quite some time looking for the button to add a payment, before resorting to clicking on suspicious looking buttons and finding it under "settle up". Anyway, I think it would be more straightforward to to have an explicit "record a payment" button, just like the old days.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’ve decided to stick with the Settle up wording in the interface. We’ve seen too much confusion the other way now that you can actually send money via Paypla or Venmo.

Marshall

2. Whiteboard HTML Support

Currently, the Whiteboard will support HTML when you first save it, then when it's reloaded you are left with all the tags. Is there any way to re-encode it before displaying?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Good catch – but this is actually on purpose :) If we let you save raw HTML to the whiteboard, then you could use it to do bad things to other members of your group, like inserting JavaScript, or just accidentally breaking the layout of the page. For that reason, the whiteboard is saved and displayed as plaintext.

3. Keep Interface simple and clean

Hi , I think , the new color combination have ruined the old simple clean look of website.

Apart from that , everything is cool

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry you don’t like the new colors! We are planning to keep them, though. It’s definitely a lot different than the old Splitwise, but we hope the change will grow on you with time.

4. Put full list of who pays who in printable summary

I made a group for a trip. After entering all expenses and simplifying debts, I wanted to send out a list showing A pays B $X, B pays C $Y, etc. But as far as I can tell, that information is only available by hovering over each name in the group one by one, so it's not easy to get a complete view of what is going on.

Can that list be put into the printable summary?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m only declining this because we have a different view that shows this information. If you go to the group and look at the balances on the right, you should see a link to “view full details”. This will show you the exact repayment breakdown for everyone in the group.

Marshall

5. Feedback

Color scheme is disgusting please change it

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you don’t like the new colors! We are planning to keep them, though. It’s definitely a lot different than the old Splitwise, but we hope the change will grow on you with time.

6. New Updates..PLZ!!

This new update makes this website so confusing! Before your update this website worked perfectly for all my roomate b/c we could all easily track the payments and who pays who etc. Now this is all over the place.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Go back to Billmonk model

I dont understand why splitwise has become so popular, It is the most frustrating websharing site I've used. It is incredibly frustrating to have site that is simple and works incredibly well (billmonk) and clearly be bought out by such a frustrating site.

I feel like this site does nothing but frustrate me. Yes it is simple to add bills and it looks very pretty. But all of the is greatly outweighed by how much frustration it causes. It is especially aggregating when I try to find an alternative only to realize you have bought out any other decent site…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise is actually completely unrelated to Billmonk (which was bought by BillPin a few years ago). We think Billmonk was really great – I used to use it myself! – but we definitely have different ideas about certain features, and we don’t intend to copy their model.

If you’d like any help with your specific Splitwise account, feel free to email us at support@splitwise.com and we’d be happy to help out with whatever problems you’re having. Again, apologies for the frustration!

8. Not all photos are receipt

We use Splitwise to split home-made food costs. And we like to attach a photo of the dish to remember how tasty it was.

But when I see a bill, it has the title Receipt above the picture.

I suggest to change that title for a generic one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! While you are more than welcome to attach whatever photo you want, we want to use the word receipt to suggest what we think the feature is for. I think no one is confused when they see a delicious plate of food under the label receipt.

Marshall

9. After Payment turn the old bill records to green

I Owe a person in multiple bills, After the payment is done to the respective person. I want the old settled up records to turn green, as they are settled.
    It makes the user pleasant feeling when he/she checks the list is green and settled up so that he need not worry about them.
    I hope this will be a add on feature to "split wise" app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to send reminders about a single bill

I'm able to send email reminders about expenses within a group.

But, if I add an individual bill split between people, I'm not able to find an option to send a reminder. Neither can I send a reminder to a person on the consolidated amount he/she owes me across multiple groups and/or bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Sorry, I think you just haven’t found the place for it. Click on the “settings” gear on the friend page, and then hit “send reminder” from the list of buttons on the right hand side. It’s a bit hidden (sorry) but it’s there.

Best,
    Jon

11. Able to access images without authentcation

[[ Bug ]]

When I attach an image to a transaction, a unique link is generated for it. People with this link should not be able to view it. Authentication is required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This is actually intentional – we think there are situations in which people might want to share links to receipts or attachments with people who are not logged in to Splitwise. URLs for uploads are randomly generated, so it shouldn’t be possible for someone to guess a URL or find your image by accident.

12. Drag and Drop Reordering

Hi! I have a suggestion for making organization easier. I want to be able to drap and drop my individual financial items into the order I want. They automatically display chronologically based on when I enter them, but I can't seem to reorder them how I want. So if I enter something in a non-chronological order, it has to stay that way. At least as far as I can tell. It would be really awesome if I could just reorder them by dragging and dropping them to the order I want them in. Thank you for your attention and consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid we don’t have plans to support reordering in the near future :( We’ve found that chronological order is the easiest way for most people to review their past expenses, and right now we’re focused on doing one thing at a time right, rather than supporting many different options. Sorry!

13. Pay with Stripe

Allow payment through stripe - directly enter a credit card on the page instead of going through PayPal. https://stripe.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify: are you suggesting Stripe for P2P payments. i.e. paying back your friend via Stripe? Unfortunately, Stripe doesn’t support those kinds of transfers, and if they did it would involve their standard credit card fees ($0.30 + 3% of the total). For those reasons, we’re unlikely to add Stripe as a payment option. We hope to add other PayPal alternatives, though!

14. Create weekly summaries

It would be great to be able to get weekly summaries rather than monthly ones of the spending in a group, to see how much people have spent and get a weekly budget.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I don’t see us offering this any time soon: monthly summaries are already very expensive for us to provide, in terms of both server power and email budget.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

Zoe

15. /login will again ask you to login even if you are logged in

When you hit secure.splitwise.com/login, it will open the sign in page even if you are logged in.
    Ideally it should redirect to home page or some other page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cannot itemize

The lesser you change the better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get a logo

The "logo" in the top left corner doesn't make any sense. It's also in the splash screen of the iOS.

I really like the new design, very flat and smooth, but those ugly wide-spaced letters just drive me crazy!

There are many things you could do to improve this. Maybe just a simple sleek font will do the trick.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would not like to see individual transactions in a group

We friends have created a group, and I observe that I can also view indiviual transactions between other friends. I am aware I can change the settings, but I think even in a group, you should not be able to view a transaction if you are not involved in it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We intentionally chose for the expenses in a group to be visible to all members of that group – we’ve found that it makes it easier to fix errors when someone makes a mistake (e.g. someone is accidentally included on or excluded from a bill).

However, you can also add expenses that do not belong to any group, and those expenses will only be visible to the people involved. If you are in a group with many transactions that do not involve you, you may find it useful to get rid of the group entirely, and just add expenses directly with the people involved.

19. Stop changing your UI

If you guys really think your UI is very cool let me tell you ..it's the most pathetic thing to constantly keep changing UI . Playing around with HTML and CSS does not make your app attractive. Stop changing theme you guys are not a big company like facebook that people will keep using it irrespective of whatever u do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for your patience and feedback as we improve things.

We try not to update our UI unnecessarily, but in this case, we think it was worth it. The last big change to our interface was almost a year ago (the recent “Add a bill” changes were part of a preview of this release), and since then we’ve spent a lot of time getting feedback from users about what they like, what they don’t like, and what they find confusing.

This new design is an attempt to make things clearer, friendlier, and easier to use, both for new users and existing users. We may have inadvertently made some parts of Splitwise harder to use, and if so, we apologize – if you have specific issues, we’re always happy to hear about them and see if there is a way to address them.

Thanks again for your patience –…

20. Not let peope in a group who where not involve access to modify a bill

I don't think that people that where not involved in a bill (even in the same group) should be able to modify it. Also, since everybody can modify anything, it would be good if you kept a log of transactions, ie: " John changed the total from X to Y"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We allow members of a group to edit all bills in that group because we think it makes it easier for people to correct problems and fix other people’s mistakes. We think this is pretty important – otherwise, it can be a huge hassle when one person accidentally enters something incorrectly.

You can see a record of recent changes in your account by visiting https://secure.splitwise.com/#/history, or by clicking the flag icon in the middle of the top of the page (in the green navigation bar).

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base