Skip to content

General

80 results found

1. Not let peope in a group who where not involve access to modify a bill

I don't think that people that where not involved in a bill (even in the same group) should be able to modify it. Also, since everybody can modify anything, it would be good if you kept a log of transactions, ie: " John changed the total from X to Y"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We allow members of a group to edit all bills in that group because we think it makes it easier for people to correct problems and fix other people’s mistakes. We think this is pretty important – otherwise, it can be a huge hassle when one person accidentally enters something incorrectly.

You can see a record of recent changes in your account by visiting https://secure.splitwise.com/#/history, or by clicking the flag icon in the middle of the top of the page (in the green navigation bar).

2. Stop changing your UI

If you guys really think your UI is very cool let me tell you ..it's the most pathetic thing to constantly keep changing UI . Playing around with HTML and CSS does not make your app attractive. Stop changing theme you guys are not a big company like facebook that people will keep using it irrespective of whatever u do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for your patience and feedback as we improve things.

We try not to update our UI unnecessarily, but in this case, we think it was worth it. The last big change to our interface was almost a year ago (the recent “Add a bill” changes were part of a preview of this release), and since then we’ve spent a lot of time getting feedback from users about what they like, what they don’t like, and what they find confusing.

This new design is an attempt to make things clearer, friendlier, and easier to use, both for new users and existing users. We may have inadvertently made some parts of Splitwise harder to use, and if so, we apologize – if you have specific issues, we’re always happy to hear about them and see if there is a way to address them.

Thanks again for your patience –…

3. I would not like to see individual transactions in a group

We friends have created a group, and I observe that I can also view indiviual transactions between other friends. I am aware I can change the settings, but I think even in a group, you should not be able to view a transaction if you are not involved in it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We intentionally chose for the expenses in a group to be visible to all members of that group – we’ve found that it makes it easier to fix errors when someone makes a mistake (e.g. someone is accidentally included on or excluded from a bill).

However, you can also add expenses that do not belong to any group, and those expenses will only be visible to the people involved. If you are in a group with many transactions that do not involve you, you may find it useful to get rid of the group entirely, and just add expenses directly with the people involved.

4. Get a logo

The "logo" in the top left corner doesn't make any sense. It's also in the splash screen of the iOS.

I really like the new design, very flat and smooth, but those ugly wide-spaced letters just drive me crazy!

There are many things you could do to improve this. Maybe just a simple sleek font will do the trick.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for multipliers in Itemized bills

It would be great if you could add a multiplier/shares for itemized bills. You could probably just add a x1 next to the price and have up/down arrows to make it x2, x3, etc. This would be reaaally usefull when you itemizing but one of your friends had 2 shares or was paying for his/her partner/kids, etc.

I saw that there where some ideas like this already submited.. but they were marked as Under review since almost 1 year ago!

Keep the good work!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re declining this one for now – it’s a reasonable idea, but itemized bills are only used by a small percentage of our users, and we worry that adding multipliers might make the itemized bill interface more confusing. We may revisit this further down the line, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

6. Need an excel kind of "Whiteboard"

One of the requirements that we came across is to have a tabular whiteboard, so that the weekend shopping items can be logged in. I feel that it would be better to have a tab for plain text and for a grid layout for whiteboard

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add more factors to the rental split calclulator? (parking & furnishing)

Couple factors I'd love to see on split wise rental calculator:

Parking spot (checkbox for that room)
    Most places in LA will value a parking spot at about $50 a month

Furnishing the room (to be left checked off if a roommate is not furnishing the room at all)

This is one of the greatest room splitting calculators out there. I'd love to see it become more robust!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad you like the calculators! We’ve actually considered both the factors you mentioned, and unfortunately we chose to leave them off – both vary too widely in cost to be useful in a simple calculation.

They’re definitely reasonable things to take into account when splitting rent, though! You’ll just have to decide for yourself how much they’re worth and how you’d like to split them :)

8. Cancelling an Expense Entry

If I have added an expenses. If the bill I entered is split between me and my friend. If my friend removes the entry then only the amount is adjusted. I would suggest that it should notify me first and then ask me if the entry can be deleted. So in short the one who adds the bill is the admin, then the admin must be asked before removing the bill. If this is not done then I do not get to know if any of my friend has eleted an entry.

Also if there are more than 2 people…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sourabh,

We don’t want to add user permissions to the account. We feel that anyone involved in the bill should be able to fix errors and edit it. We also know this can be problematic in some cases and are planning to do a better job with tracking a history of changes for each bill.

We do have some basic history features on the website (click on the flag in the top bar). We also have notifications you can opt in to for adds, edits and deletes of bills so you can keep track of what’s going on in your account (look in your account settings).

We have had permissions for some things in an earlier version of the app, and found that it was mostly a problem for users instead of a helpful feature.

Marshall

9. Feedback on settle up

I hope the settle up will be better if it should be updated only by the person who pays the money.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We firmly believe anyone should be able to add and edit expenses they are involved in. We are planning got add better history of changes so you can easily who did what when soon. We also have notifications you can add for your account under account settings to get notified when someone adds a payment to you.

Marshall

10. have an option to hide my personal upcoming/trending bills from the group. I want my personal bills kept private!

I want to be able to track my personal expenses without the entire group being able to see it! I want to schedule my trending/recurring payments and list the amounts, but keep that info private. I don't like how if I list my personal bills in my account it keeps showing up in the group. Keep my private finances private please!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fix the bug which shows wrong people's name when group is created or when a bill is added

When i created a new group and added my friends, they got notifications that the group had been created by some other random friend in their list and not by me. Same was the case when i added a bill using my android mobile, it showed them that bill with someone else rather than me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rishabh – could you email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know (a) your account’s email address and (b) the name of one of your friends that was affected by this bug? We’ve heard of the added-to-group problem (and just released a fix), but you’re the first person to report an issue with adding a bill, and more specific information would help us to chase down the problem and fix it more quickly. Thanks!

12. /login will again ask you to login even if you are logged in

When you hit secure.splitwise.com/login, it will open the sign in page even if you are logged in.
    Ideally it should redirect to home page or some other page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create weekly summaries

It would be great to be able to get weekly summaries rather than monthly ones of the spending in a group, to see how much people have spent and get a weekly budget.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately I don’t see us offering this any time soon: monthly summaries are already very expensive for us to provide, in terms of both server power and email budget.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

Zoe

14. Pay with Stripe

Allow payment through stripe - directly enter a credit card on the page instead of going through PayPal. https://stripe.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify: are you suggesting Stripe for P2P payments. i.e. paying back your friend via Stripe? Unfortunately, Stripe doesn’t support those kinds of transfers, and if they did it would involve their standard credit card fees ($0.30 + 3% of the total). For those reasons, we’re unlikely to add Stripe as a payment option. We hope to add other PayPal alternatives, though!

15. Cannot itemize

The lesser you change the better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Able to access images without authentcation

[[ Bug ]]

When I attach an image to a transaction, a unique link is generated for it. People with this link should not be able to view it. Authentication is required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This is actually intentional – we think there are situations in which people might want to share links to receipts or attachments with people who are not logged in to Splitwise. URLs for uploads are randomly generated, so it shouldn’t be possible for someone to guess a URL or find your image by accident.

17. Be able to send reminders about a single bill

I'm able to send email reminders about expenses within a group.

But, if I add an individual bill split between people, I'm not able to find an option to send a reminder. Neither can I send a reminder to a person on the consolidated amount he/she owes me across multiple groups and/or bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Sorry, I think you just haven’t found the place for it. Click on the “settings” gear on the friend page, and then hit “send reminder” from the list of buttons on the right hand side. It’s a bit hidden (sorry) but it’s there.

Best,
    Jon

18. Changes in splitwise interface

I see that you have changed the splitwise interface.
    The old interface was very easy to use.
    The new one however has errors and is very complicated compared to the old version.
    When I am giving feedback here, I can see the message "You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional)". I am already signed in. I do not understand what this means...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Go back to Billmonk model

I dont understand why splitwise has become so popular, It is the most frustrating websharing site I've used. It is incredibly frustrating to have site that is simple and works incredibly well (billmonk) and clearly be bought out by such a frustrating site.

I feel like this site does nothing but frustrate me. Yes it is simple to add bills and it looks very pretty. But all of the is greatly outweighed by how much frustration it causes. It is especially aggregating when I try to find an alternative only to realize you have bought out any other decent site…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise is actually completely unrelated to Billmonk (which was bought by BillPin a few years ago). We think Billmonk was really great – I used to use it myself! – but we definitely have different ideas about certain features, and we don’t intend to copy their model.

If you’d like any help with your specific Splitwise account, feel free to email us at support@splitwise.com and we’d be happy to help out with whatever problems you’re having. Again, apologies for the frustration!

20. Website: left-hand side bar doesn't scroll

The friends tab on the left does not scroll, you can see only a limited people from the list if I am not wrong. Would be great if you could fix this.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base