Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Help Button or Link

You ought to have a "Help" or "Documentation" link somewhere in the UI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We currently have a “Feedback” link in the lower right of every page, which includes links to all our helpdesk articles. I’ll pass on your suggestion and see if it makes sense to add additional help links elsewhere on our website.

2. Make it straight channel to give feedback about deleting an account.

Make it straight channel to give feedback about deleting an account. I had an older account, which I noticed after signing in with a new email. So I deleted the new account in order to use the previous account with better email-address. The delete page asked to shortly tell the reason for deleting, but the link gave just the support page. So, I suggest you will make shorter route to tell, why deleting the account :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Reporting

How can I see all expenses I have made since day 1 in all group? Basically I need a feature to tell me how much I have spent by time and group. If we can aggregate by these two dimensions, it's awesome. If we can just get a summary, it's still very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! I’m afraid there’s not an easy way to do this for ALL groups, but you can export your groups one at a time, either by using the “Export as spreadsheet” feature or the “View printable summary” feature (web-only). That should give you a complete breakdown of all the transactions in that individual group. Hopefully we can add better full-account reporting features in the future!

4. Intelligently Choose Year in Quick Add

When entering expenses in the quick add form, it always picks the current year if you just enter a dd/MM date. I would imagine that most people using this are going to be entering past expenses, but if you use this for entering last year's expenses after new year, then the year goes in wrong. For example, I've entered an expense on 24/12, which gets interpreted in 2017.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – that definitely makes sense! Quick-add is a pretty infrequently used part of Splitwise, so this probably won’t be fixed right away, but hopefully it’s something we can take a look at before 2018 :)

5. My total share in WEB app

In Android app there is a 'Group spending summary' screen where I can select 'All time' mode and see how much did the trip cost to me.
    In the WEB app this screen shows data only for one month at a time that is inconvenient if trip didn't fit in a single month. Please, add 'All time' mode to WEB app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    94 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Can you give us some more context on why you want this change? We do list them differently, so some help understanding what problem you’re having would be great.

Marshall

7. add a cancel button to this page

add a cancel button to the new group page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I think we left this off intentionally to make the page a little simpler to use in the general case of just getting started, though I’ll see if we can think about adding a cancel button here.

Marshall

8. Allow upload of Excel files in the Notes. Its easier

Currently it allows only text, pdf and images. Excel should be allowed as well. xls and xlsx both.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. save data form data locally

As I was creating an expense, I accidentally clicked outside the modal window, which cleared all the data I entered. This is very annoying. It should persist locally.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Plates, display list of participants and what they owe

Plates is a great app. The best of its kind.

However, it would be nice to be able to display a list at the end, showing each person's name (or number) and the base, tip, tax, & total amounts for that person, with grand total at the end. Then the phone or tablet could be passed around the table so each person can see their amount due.

The list should be tabular, like a spreadsheet, with one row per person, and five columns for the name, base, tip, tax, total amounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think this is something we’re likely to do, but I’ll leave this up and see if it gets a lot of support. We do have requests to add names to plates in the app and tapping on each plate will show a breakdown of the total at the end, which seems like it would handle this use case.

11. Integrate with SwedBank

Integrate quick payment with SwedBank API.
    Android SDK https://github.com/swedbank/android-banklink

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Plates: Real-time bill

Sometimes it can be very challenging to keep up with who orders what and how much. Sometimes we spend a bit of time asking around. How about real-time bill? This allows the host (or whoever is willing to use the app) to actively split the bill during the event and it is time-stamped.

Scenario:
    -5 friends show up and orders a few drinks
    -20 min later, they order snacks
    -30 min later, 2 more friends shows up and places more orders
    -Repeat until all friends are present and placed all orders.

Issue (towards the end):
    -Some were drunk. They don’t…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Email an export of the group expenses when a user is removed from a group

Splitwise helps me keep a track of my past expenses if there is ever a need to backtrack. But today I'm stuck because I need to know an expense that occurred in the past in a group that I'm no longer part of. The group still exists so I can ask the guys who are there about it, but the expense is kind of trivial and I'm not in touch with those guys any more. It would be great if a user could get an export of the group whenever they are removed from the group (or even when the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. boat "icon"

We rent a boat, it's really cool if I can catagorize this with a boat icon

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For now you can use the ‘Transportation, Other’ option. I’ll pass along your suggestion the next time we think about new icons/categories to add.

15. Beauty - New Tag

Hi there. May you guys put a new item called Beauty (At Life Style group set)? It will be useful for example when I want to register a hair cut, a manicure or pedicure (finger nails), a SPA session, etc.

Than you very much in advance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. House Utilities

Would it be possible to add an icon/option for Security under Home? In our house, we all split the monthly cost of Security Monitoring. This just seems like a useful categorization as others who use Simplisafe or a DIY security system with monitoring. This is just the OCD side of me wanting more icons! Anyway, love the app. Very helpful!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. to change the icon for deleting an expense

I feel a trash icon for deleting an expense, rather than the cross (X).

When we click on an expense, theres an expansion of the expense's details right.
    And when we want to close the expense expansion, intuitively it feels like the cross (X) icon closes the expansion.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)