Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Fix recurring item edits

Recurring items should have a start date and an end date. When My apartment lease came to an end, I had to "delete" the expense, which actually ended up deleting the last time it occurred, rather than all the future occurrences! Not intuitive behavior, and it was not clear that would happen.
    Thanks

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We’re working on the messaging of how our expenses (especially ones like recurring bills) work as we speak.

This does sound like something that we need to address for sure. Thanks so much for letting us know!

2. Integrate with money minder

This is a personal finance tool. Would be great to synch to this application and pull in custom categories

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give an Option to Assign a Billing Period to Bills

I have all these monthly bills for TV, internet, electricity, water, Vonage, etc., and it's really difficult for me to keep track of:
    1. Did I pay the bill?
    2. Did I add it to splitwise
    3. Did my roommates reimburse me for it

I think if I could assign a billing period to each bill, it would be easy for me to see if I'm missing any bills for say, Time Warner. I'd love to be able to click on an annual calendar and see which time periods have been paid for each bill.

It would also be helpful…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think the option of having reminders as the form of a blank expense that you have to fill out is an interesting way to remind someone to pay a bill.

We are planning on being able to add an amount to a direct expense (so you can track if that cable bill got paid or not, and who shelled out for it).

4. Keep debts on PDF summary until paid

I love splitwise. One thing I have a problem with though is remembering old debts. I have a couple things people owe me for that are beyond a month old so there for they no longer show up on the summary. The amounts of those items do carry over at the bottom but that is no good if we can't remember what the debt was for (i.e I paid someone's share of the Christmas decorating expense) having a name attached to older debts is really helpful so everyone can remember

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Upload image to bill by url

Love that you can upload images against expenses, but would love to be able to simply add an image by copping the URL of the image.

For example, i take the photo on my android phone and it is uploaded to Google+ instant upload. From there i can open the photo and copy the URL source of the photo. This saves so much time and saves me from having extra hard copies of the photo on my computer, while also allowing me to upload a photo from any computer as the photo is stored on the web.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Being able to enter a URL when trying to add a photo seems like a really neat idea. I could see how not having to carry around a copy of the file would make lives easier when trying to input bill pics. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if it’s something we’d like to do and when it can fit on our roadmap.

6. Bimonthly expenses (i.e. "every other month")

Allow users to post expenses that occur bimonthly (i.e. every other month).

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Events rather than bills

It would be easier if you added an "events" category, for situations when several persons pay for the same event.
    In my case, we hold several times a week big dinners in a shared household. Let's say we are 10 having dinner, I'll go groceries shopping for 40 €, my friend Paul will buy bread for 4 € and my friend Sarah will buy meat at the butcher's for 60 €. Right now, I need to add three bills for one single dinner, copying each time the same information about participants and number of shares. I'dd much rather add an…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re about to make some big changes when it comes to how groups interact with our one on one friendships. These changes will help ease the pain of the situation you’re describing.

I think that being able to tag things (like this dinner) without having to create a group or add it 3 times would be great.

8. 4 Weeks doesn't = 1 Month

The app has a small flaw. When you say monthly in your app.. you tend to mean every month from the 4th to the 4th for example.. However my bills are every 4 weeks which is not quite every month. It would be good to have an option which says every 4 weeks as well as every month that way we know and can set alarms for each due date. Another handy thing would be to be able to set up different reminders for each person for the same bill. IE she gets paid fortnightly and I get paid monthly…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would throw a wrench in your billing cycle. I’d personally like our users to be able to custom pick reminder dates, and it’s something we’ve talked about internally. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if/when we can get that on our schedule.

9. please triple the photo dimensions

What is the point of taking a photo of the receipt if the text is too small to read on the end result? This is a problem right now as the photo is way to small when clicking on the thumbnail to display the original.

If this has been scaled down on the mobile phone to save network traffic when uploading, then please add a admin option to let the user upload large-scaled(high-traffix) images. Otherwise there is no real value in this function.

If the images has not been scaled down on the mobile phone, and you have a larger…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are some annoying technical limitations to our photo size. At some point we’ll fix this, but it’s not simple enough to put together easily at the moment.

Marshall

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. editing future dates and quarterly bills

Its a mild inconvenience that I cannot edit the next months recurring bills until the month it is due. So when I have a bill due on 7/4, and I don't want to have to wait have edit it till a few days before. I could just enter it in as a new bill, but I'd rather be able to edit the recurring and give more notice to my roommates.

I've also noticed that I cannot enter a recurring bill that's quarterly. This has led to some confusion between my roommates when they see a "new" bill. I'd rather it…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Jon here. Thanks for these great suggestions, and your patience with the recurring system.

We definitely have improvements in mind for recurring bills, and these are both great points. Sorry for the inconvenience, and we’ll check back on both quarterly recurrences and pre-editing of recurring bills when we get to updating the recurring system.

12. Drag and Drop

Ability to drag and drop people from the friend list to the group. Drag a friend's name to a dedicated area to start creation of a shared bill/loan/debt. Also have the ability to drag and drop more friends to the bill being created

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, we’re going to be taking a look how how to integrate our friendships and groups better next week. We’ve usually gone the pull down tab method, but I think the idea of dragging and dropping would be really neat too!

13. Discount Coupons

Can you guys try and add discount coupons for the items which I buy frequently ( Which you can m/c learn from my shopping history ) from the shops ( drop down menu of shops in my locality ? ) which I shop from often in my locality ? I understand that's a lot of work to do. But just thought if implemented will also get you some constant revenue ?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is awesome! I’d love to see us be able to connect with retailers and have them give out coupons based on purchases. I’ll bring this up with my team and see if it’s something we’d like to consider long term.

14. Group settle

One thing i liked about Billmonk was that i could create random groups and did not have to send invites and link to others. Once I could create random groups i could easily shuffle debts between everyone in the group.. That was super convenient. Also on the fly I could remove and add users during the debt shuffle process.

I wish you could build something like that. It was much better user experience

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We are working on the way groups and friendships work together and we agree that expenses should be shuffled around between people to make peoples lives easier. Adding people to the debt shuffle is something we’ll talk about and see if it’s something we’d like to do.

15. sorting on the transaction table

I would like to suggest that more easier methods of viewing my transaction data would be useful.

For example: when I am looking at my friends page and there is a list of transaction indicating the money in three categories
    1 - "I owe" in Red
    2 - "I'm owed" in green
    3 - "payment reported" with no color.

I would be useful, if I could sort based on the above mentioned 3 categories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really like this idea, I think that sorting transactions by different ways would be really useful for quick tracking. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if/where it fits on our schedule.

16. be more descriptive in debt shuffling.

So I wanted you to add more information in the notes when debt is being shuffled between two parties. This info serves as a screenshot of how the net sum was accrued. I done think we need to go to the individual bill level. But it would be nice to have some thing in description that tells me the amount that I owed this person individually and in groups before the shuffle

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I like the idea of the notes, I could see it being very helpful to our users. We have some ideas for improving the simplified debt feature that we do, and this is something we’ll talk about adding.

17. Add colours to "friend'" names in groups

Adding colours to names would make it easier/quicker to identify who paid what

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. have a car pool calculator

a car pool calculator where you can enter the amount and date you purchased fuel for the car, the calculator would split the bill according to the dates and number of people car pooling with you... that would be a very nice feature to add.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve discussed this kind of calculator internally a couple of times and haven’t yet figured out how costs should be broken down in a fair way. This would be nice to have, but I doubt we’ll have time to work on this in the near future. We’re a small team, so picking priorities is important :)

19. Sort based on names

It will be helpful if we can sort the payments based on name so that we can sort the payments made by each person along with the one who is reporting.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. "Should we buy" feature needed!

You guys should add a feature where a group member can suggest a group purchase and then members of the group can either support, down vote, or propose another item for purchase. When the eventual purchase item is approved the cost is then split amongst the approving members.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base