Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Expenses Report

In the PDF report, we have date,description,cost & balance columns in individual member's page.It will be gr8 if you add column "Expenses By" which should contain name of person who has spent money on this transaction.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. One-Time Cancellation of Recurring Payment

Recurring payments are awesome, but sometimes they change slightly or you need to cancel just one month's recurring payment. I don't see how that is possible right now. That would be a great feature and make recurring payments much more flexible.

Example use case:

I set up a recurring payment for our rent. This month our AC broke and we had to pay ourselves to fix it. So this month's rent is actually cheaper since we take out the cost of the AC repair. If I could delete the recurring payment for just this time, I could manually add a…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chandler,

Thanks so much for the feedback. Your use case definitely makes sense – there are times I would have used this myself.

We’re planning on reviewing and improving the recurring system sometime in the later summer or early fall, so I’m sorry we can’t help you with this more immediately.

Thanks again for writing!
    - Jon

3. Put in an extra column for CUMULATIVE expenses

Now when I view IOUs/bill listings b/w any friend and me, I am only able to view the value of that particular bill, but not the cumulative cost (till that point). The only cumulative number I find is at the top of the page, but that is not helpful in case I want to find out how that number came about over different months. Plus, of course, the graph view only works for the current month! It'd be great if you could address these issues ASAP.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve gotten some recent requests for the cumulative amount of peoples tabs lately. I think this is a great idea, and one that we’ll be discussing on how to implement in the near future.

We do also plan on letting our users see the history of our graphs in the future also.

4. change the "you owe" block for an entered bill in a group once the bill has been settled.

Currently am in in a group that had a bill that has now been settled by all individuals. The group screen still shows (and draws my attention to) the "you owe" some amount with the amount showing in red. After settling my portion of the bill I would prefer one of these ideas for a change here:
    - change the colour of the dollar value to a less attention grabbing one;
    - a strike-through on the amount as it has been paid;
    - a small indication of the bill being settled/paid
    - change to the text to read "previously owed",…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We probably won’t handle this issue the way you describe (though we review this regularly to see if we can). We have added some changes that hide expenses whenever an account hits a $0 point overall. If everyone in your group is settle up at a given time, the web interface will hide expenses older than that. We will probably bring this to our other platforms as well.

Marshall

5. restore option in dashboard

it allows me to delete one by one that too it take me to individual sheet eveyrtime. Kindly suggest if there is any easy wayaround

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’re planning to revisit that UI soon and this problem should go away in one of our upcoming versions. Unfortunately, until then, there’s no good workaround. You could submit a support ticket with details of which expenses you want undeleted and we may be able to do them all at once.

Marshall

6. [BUG] splitting expense by shares calculation isn't accurate

A lot of the times I am trying to split a bill between friends for food. I want to know how much I owe based on the price of my item, and how much we paid after taxes and tip. Owed = (total w/ taxes & tip) * (pre tax price / pretax total)

I try to do this with shares instead, so for an item for $15.50 I will enter as 1550 shares. The problem is, this calculation is rounded too much and the amount I owe is not deterministic.

For example, my friends ordered items that are $15.50,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We designed this feature around the idea that a couple might take two shares on an expense or a family might take 4 shares to avoid needing to have everyone on the expense, so the system currently calculates all the shares to the exact penny, with some getting an extra penny when rounding is necessary. As you noted, with large numbers of shares, the extra pennies get randomly assigned with a much larger variation than would be ideal.

In theory, over time the way the extra pennies get assigned will be fair, but the next version of the Android app will use a different methodology that will handle these cases with much less variation. Most cases will not vary at all, but in some rare situations you might see the exact rounding vary by 1 penny.

7. Keep former group members in the transaction history

When a old group member is settled up and removed, his name becomes "[removed]" in the transaction history. It'd be useful to still have his name for record-keeping.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Jump to Month

Please add a list or quick way of viewing all expenses in one month (of x year) on one page. The new feature to load all expenses is great but sometimes you just want to see whether you've added an expense quickly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. MULTIPLE FRIENDS ADD

I NEED A PAGE 4 MANAGING FRIENDS, ADD, DELETE ...MULTIPLE FRIENDS, WITH AT A GLANCE VIEW OF ALL THE FRIENDS

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make tip post tax

Currently the tip calculates the percentage of the bill pre-tax. Typically, you'll tip off of the total supplied on the receipt which is post-tax.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As a former waitress that hated getting my tip based on the pre-tax amount I think this is a great idea!

We’ll talk about how to possibly implement both options (pre and post tax) in our our next meeting.

14. Show how bills are settled using a cool visual aid.

This idea came from a bout of minor confusion I had when looking at the results of the "settle up" function. I was surprised to see that despite knowing that I owed various people money, the result I saw on screen was that I actually just owed one person. After some chin scratching, I realized that of course the bills were being aggregated together so as to minimize the number of payments needed to settle up. That being said, I'm not sure that everyone who uses this service will reach that conclusion, especially if they've had a long day at…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recently we’ve been thinking a lot about this exact problem. The “settle up” function is great once you understand what it does, but it confuses a lot of first-time users. We’re working to improve communication about this, including via visual aids – you should see some of those updates over the next few weeks :)

15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This seems like a useful feature that would make life easier. We’ve talked about having the infinity scroll when it comes the past expenses of the groups. Currently it’s not scheduled, but it’s on our list of things to do down the road.

16. Show all the group expenses

It would be great to have a screen where I could see all the expenses and the paid items by payer. It's awkward that I can only see my share of the items on the main dashboard. I want to be able to see a summary of who paid for what and how much it was originally, without having to click on each item.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thank you very much for this suggestion! I can see why someone would want that information available to them without having to dig deeper on individual expenses. This is something we’ll consider for future updates.

17. Allow reoccurring expenses to post automatically or earlier than the max of 7 days before it's due

If bill is reoccurring, it should automatically be posted on each future due date. Or just add the option to post it 14 or 30 days in advance, not just the current max option of 7 days. Most people are paid biweekly or monthly and have to budget for bills further out than 7 days. Plus, if bill is reoccurring, we should be able to see it every month. Ex: Monthly mortgage is $1000. It is June 2012 and I'm looking at November 2012 expenses...I should automatically see all reoccurring expenses, such as the $1000 mortgage, that fall in that…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. keep doing what you're doing!

hey guys just letting you know that splitwise is probably the best thing that happened to us in terms of software this year!

my boyfriend and i started using splitwise to manage our expenses for our apartment, and loved it. it soon migrated to their office, where about 10 people now form a group and use it regularly.

now we use it in our friendship circles as well and we know at least one other sharehouse is on board.

splitwise has made living, working and hanging out together easy and has taken the stress out of money issues, as well…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Amelia,

Thank you for the kind feedback – it’s honestly a pleasure to hear that Splitwise has been so helpful to you!

We definitely are planning to do both better emails and SMS-based alerts and invitations for the non smart phone users and for people who like that method of doing things.

Just one clarification: do you mean a non-smartphone way to add bills (like an SMS version of quick add) on the go? We haven’t planned on that yet, so if that’s the suggestion, please write back and let us know.

Cheers and thanks!
    Jon

19. Demo

Can you provide a minor demo or a youtube video that will help viewers get a feel of the app without signing up?

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Great idea. We’re planning to roll out a design update to the website in the near future, and we’ll probably put together a demo video sometime after that update has been released.

20. Add how much is owed to the complex.

When you have a bill, unless it's already paid, you can't enter the amounts. It errors if the amounts paid don't equal the amount due even if it is a future bill.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base