Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. make an option allowing people to alternate paying for a recurring bill.

My roommate and I alternate who sends the rent check every month; it would be great for us not to have to edit that recurring expense to switch who pays, since currently Splitwise assumes that the person who paid it last will pay it again. For more than 2 roommates, you could have the option to follow a set pattern of payment, or you could allow users to "plan ahead" who will pay each cycle of a recurring expense.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi Morgan,

Sorry about this idiosyncrasy. We are planning on redoing the recurring expense system sometime at the end of the summer, and we’ll definitely consider this change.

- Jon

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure if this is something we’ll add in the near future but I’ll leave this open for now.

Did you know you can change your avatar to add a profile picture? You can upload your own image from your Account Settings page.

3. Allow an option for "Payment Pending"

Often, my friends will send me checks as a form of payment. It would be useful if you were able to mark a payment as Pending as a middle ground between paid and unpaid.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the idea – we used to do just that! In Splitwise’s first beta, all payments were marked as pending, and the payee could click when they had actually deposited the check or confirmed they got the cash. But it seemed to confuse a lot of people. We aren’t planning to add this back in at the moment, but I can see why you’d want it and we’ll keep your suggestion in mind.

4. Allow users to create payment containers to easily track who has paid what

Housing costs aren't the only thing included in rent payment. T.V., Internet, Electricity, Water, Garbage, etc all make up rent.

Please allow a designated person in an apartment to create smaller sub-payments and include them in a larger payment container (for example Electricity bill, Internet bill would go in the payment container 'Rent'), and then allow users to select/un-select what they are paying for when they pay 'Rent'.

This would allow us to easily tell who has paid for what and who has debts currently outstanding and allow us to track that information.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Craig – thanks posting. I confess, I’m not sure I know exactly you mean, but does marking specific shares of an expense as paid by specific people cover what your asking? Right now, we treat everything as one big bucket, but many users would like us to allow expenses to be marked as individually paid and we are strongly considering supporting that.

Thanks either way!
    - Jon

5. Option to group expenses in Graphs

Being able to have a graphical report in Splitwise is what made try it this month for the household expenses. But I would like to have the option to see the graph of expenses with the overall category. For example: not just "cinema", "dining out", etc. but the option to see all "entertainment" as one slice of the graph, as well as "housing" and "utilities". That would be more very helpful for budgeting - again the reason I'm trying Splitwise (and Pro)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Make "Add a Bill" a floating action button

Currently, if I'm scrolling through old transactions and want to add a bill, I have to scroll back up to the top of the page to hit the "Add a Bill" button. If this were a FAB I could add a transaction from anywhere in the history.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Give the option to eliminate the $ sign

We have multi-currency groups with different types of dollars in them. I believe my default currency is Singapore Dollars, so when I enter SGD, Splitwise changes that to $. I would rather I had the option to have all currencies displayed by their ISO symbol, i.e. SGD/USD/CAD, etc. This would remove all ambiguity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion!
    I’m not sure if this is something we would change at the moment, but I can see how it would be helpful in your situation. I’ll leave this open for further voting for now, apologies for any inconvenience!

8. Splitwise day!

Pls promote making some day of every month as Splitwise day where people can simplify their debts and pay off the balances!!

Sometime like 10th of every month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Plates: Real-time bill

Sometimes it can be very challenging to keep up with who orders what and how much. Sometimes we spend a bit of time asking around. How about real-time bill? This allows the host (or whoever is willing to use the app) to actively split the bill during the event and it is time-stamped.

Scenario:
    -5 friends show up and orders a few drinks
    -20 min later, they order snacks
    -30 min later, 2 more friends shows up and places more orders
    -Repeat until all friends are present and placed all orders.

Issue (towards the end):
    -Some were drunk. They don’t…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Change contact no using OTP.

Right now I am not able to change my contact no as it shows no already in use. User should be able to change contact no by using OTP.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integrate with SwedBank

Integrate quick payment with SwedBank API.
    Android SDK https://github.com/swedbank/android-banklink

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display summary in multiple rows per currency type

I would like to see the details like you owe, you are owed or total balance in multiple rows per currency type. So that bills added in USD or INR can be tracked or viewed on summary easily.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how that would be useful. I don’t think we will change the summary. But we might be able to come up with a better way show you a summary of your balances in all currencies.

13. create a billing currency within a group

Even though it is possible to enter different currencies within a group, it is not possible to create just one bill containing only one currency. That would require to have real-time currency exchange rates in order to transform all payments directly into the billing currency. Something like that would be very helpful for travellers who don't just stay within one country and use different currencies.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, but in general, we’re not planning to add additional currency conversion features to the app at this time. The feedback we’ve received on our current set of conversion features suggests that there may not be a fair solution to the currency conversion problem that is generally acceptable. Until we can come up with a good design to get around this issue, we’ll continue to mostly keep currencies separate. Sorry I don’t have a better solution for you!

Marshall

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment on a bill

If I over or under pay on a bill, I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment to provide evidence of the overcharge

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense. Adding photo support for comments isn’t on our roadmap yet, but hopefully it’s something we can include in a future update.

16. Add Split screen support for Android 7.0

Please add support for split screen on Android 7.0. As of now it gives me an error saying that app doesn't support split screen and throws me out of the split screen mode. I would like to see the support soon.
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This would be an interesting addition to the Android app. Depending on how difficult this is to implement and if its possible to do this without compromising the experience, I’ll look into supporting split-screen natively on Android Nougat in the future.

17. Make the Spending Breakdown table sortable or at least order it by amount spent

Also, I don't see a reason to provide my name and email every time I want to give feedback…while logged in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. This is a sensible request that I can see us considering next time we make an update to the spending breakdown view.

Our support system is run by a third party (UserVoice). We don’t have a way to automatically pass them your info when you go to access support from the web app, hence the ask.

18. List view: "Recurring" label not visible on longer entries

In list view, if the text of the bill / entry is longer than ca. 30 characters, it gets truncated with a "..." at the end. Since the "recurring" label (as well as the chat / notes label and the attachment / photo label) get appended at the end of the bill title, they end up being not visible for longer bill titles.

IMHO all this would be solved nicely if all these labels (recurring, chat / comment, attachment / photo) would be added in a separate row under the bill title.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add localization for Ukraine.

I can translate the application.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should be a "Hide items not involving me" button for "All Expenses"

There is no "Hide Items not involving me" button for the "All Expenses" tab. It is there for the specific groups.
    I also tried to go to the group that I want to hide transactions from and then come back to the "All Expenses" tab, but it does not seem to work.
    It would be good to have this functionality since I need to track transactions, and not just what I owe most of the time, and the alternative, "Recent Activity" tab does not seem to be of the same use. Don't know how difficult it would be to implement…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base