Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Add a option to Print the expense sheet

An option to print the expense sheet (list of all transactions) for a particular month or a given month range.
    This will allow user to maintain an offline copy and also ease up the further book keeping if required.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

There are two ways you can do this right now, both from our website:

1) View printable summary – if you use a group on Splitwise, at the top of each month you should see a small link to “View printable summary”. That will open a page with a detailed readable summary of your expenses for the month. (There’s also a dropdown at the top of that page with an option to view all months, if you wish.)

2) Export as spreadsheet – if you click on a friend or group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right-side column, you should see an option to “Export as spreadsheet”. The spreadsheet export isn’t as nicely formatted as the printable summary, but it should have the information you need.

Hope that helps!

2. Decimal point in amount entry

I'd probably be easier and less confusing if in the amount entry when adding a bill, the decimal keyboard (UIKeyboardTypeDecimalPad) where shown instead of only numbers.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: we’ve moved away from the ATM style input field.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! Right now our number input is designed to work more like ATMs and some other banking apps, where numbers fill in from the right as you type. Sorry for any confusion!

3. Archive debts

The option to archive (instead of deleting) a debt/group would reduce clutter and make Splitwise much more usable, while still allowing us to still keep track of outstanding debts.

Thanks for considering this!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We now hide groups/friends that have been settled up for more than 40 days on all three platforms. We also hide older expenses behind a click whenever a group or friendship has completely settled up.

Marshall

4. translations to different languages

I think it would be useful to have splitwise interfaces (web and mobile devices) in different languages as it is a really great tool which should be understandable for everyone.

Maybe starting with common languages like Russian, German, French, Spanish, Italian...

167 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: Splitwise is now available in Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese. For more information about translations, see http://blog.splitwise.com/about/translators/

We’d love to internationalize, and definitely plan to do so in the future! Right now, Splitwise is still changing pretty fast, and we’re still settling on some of the language that we use in English. Once that’s a bit more settled, we hope to start work on translating into other languages, so that more people around the world can use Splitwise :)

5. Owed money between someone without an account

Hi,

I think the app has some great features and could be useful; however it requires everyone involved in an expense to be a registered user. I should be able to use the application to split bills and keep track of money owed between myself and a friend who does not use the app.

If this feature is available and I did not understand how to use it please let me know. I would also like to know if you add the feature as I would register for another account.

Regards,
    Ryan Clare

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion. Your friends definitely don’t have to make accounts for you to continue to add bills with them.

If you add their email address on a bill, they’ll get an email notification that you did so but only once — we won’t spam them. Their email address will be available to you in the system to add more bills as you continue to use Splitwise yourself.

If you don’t want to provide their info at all, just create a group on the website and add members by name only. No contact info required.

Cheers, Zoe

6. Deleting or Hiding Groups

I Know that you Guys are working on this issues.
    I presume that you are working on Hiding Groups instead of Deleting them.

What i wanna suggest is that if you can provide both the options, Deleting & Hididng, it would be good.
    But Deleting should be done only after all the users in that group are Settled Up.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: we now hide groups that have been settled up for at least 40 days. You can also still delete groups.

We’d definitely like a better way to handle the closing/hiding of groups, besides just deleting the group entirely. We’ve got a lot on our to-do list, but we’re hoping to add this feature in the not-too-distant future :)

7. Expenses are getting added twice

This is a serious issue which I found more than 3 times. After adding expenses it's got added 2 times. Hope you will look in to it.

Thanks
    Raees

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. calculate individual's monthly(user defined) expense.

The current application shows only how much a person owes/owed. It would be better if one can tract his complete monthly expense. If you need extra help, you can contact me. I am a software engineer and I would be glad to help you.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. CHANGE the COLOR

Hi... I use splitwise, and all my friends in Akron,OH do. But the color is not appealing to the eye. The whole CSS is really damn good with rich UI, but the COLOR & the FONT is not at all good. As Steve Jobs comments about WINDOWS OS "Those guys doesn't really have any taste". It makes me feel like that when looking at these colors.
    I'm making time to give this feedback because I care about "OUR" splitwise and all of us use it often and has become a part of our day to day life.

Regards,
    Laxy.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Highlight settled up entries

Whenever someone settles up with another person, the entries whose total has been settled-up should be highlighted (or greyed out). Currently, when I check the entries with a particular person, I still see even the settled-up entries in a similar format as before settling and it gets confusing to identify whether a particular entry has been settled up or not.

Thanks and looking forward to implementation of this feature as I don't really think it is too complicated.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,679 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ADD a button/link to re-send invite

Say I have a group with some one else / some people in it. I have already sent an invite, and it shows as invite pending. Add the option to re-send the invite, in case the person deleted it by accident or just as a reminder to join splitwise again.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. Expandable/Hideable item-specific comment section

This mock up demonstrates how I would like a note/comment section to work:
    http://i.imgur.com/IezP7Dj.png

I think a lot of people want this feature and I think this is an elegant way to implement it.

Previous reason for declining comments: "We won’t be adding comments inline on the listing page. We do display an icon on the expense if there is a note for it. the main reason is that if we add this style of commenting, we wind up with too much clutter on the main UI for something that we do handle reasonably well already."

If the comments expand/hide…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

974 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Search is Pro feature. With Pro, you will find the option to search expenses by keyword by tapping on the magnifying glass icon in our mobile apps. Or, via the dropdown menu by your name on our website.

You can sign up for Pro in our apps by going to the Account tab in iOS or the top left menu on Android, or by going directly to https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe.

15. Statistics

Hey guys,
    nice idea with this new year's statistics.
    Maybe it would be a good (and easy to implement) idea to make this statistics available all the year, with more details. E.g. I would be really interested in how much money I spend for groceries, transportation, holiday, and so on...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

On the website, you can go to a group or friendship and look for trend in the right hand sidebar. This will give you some basic stats for the month so far in the group. If you click view full trends, you can look at past months.

Marshall

16. "Shared Expense"

Rather than separating bills only by who "paid" it would be helpful to also have a function that was titles a "shared expense" where it's more of the idea of pooling the money rather than paying back an individual. It's mostly just a matter of wording that would help for clarification in certain situations. Thank you :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My share & expenses

The "view printable summary" in a group link shows some numbers which IMO are pretty useless.
    What anyone expects is:
    1) How much is my share?
    2) How much money did I pay?
    These two important questions are not answered at all by the numbers from the summary. Not only are they not answered but they cannot even be derived from the numbers in the summary rendering it useless.

Either the group or the summary should display these two parameters. As an example of what I expect and would be most convenient to all, check this image:
    http://postimg.org/image/tw2zbwplt/

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can view the total you paid for and your share of expenses in groups in our mobile apps.

On iOS, tap ‘Totals’ in the horizontal menu.

On Android, tap the menu icon in the upper right corner and then tap ‘View group totals’

18. Simplify debts for people not in groups

we love this site and the relates applications both in iOS and android. But what i feel missing is a simpler way shuffle debts between friends that are not in a single group. The simplify debts feature between a group s good and understandable that people know each other, but for expenses that were not added to a group can not be shuffled. Please add a feature where you can shuffle amounts between a group of people.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We actually have a “simplify debts” feature that lets you do a one-time shuffle with friends – it’s on the user settings page under “Advanced features”. We consider it a power-user feature (since it changes people’s balances in a way that can be more difficult to understand than within-group debt simplification), so we don’t encourage most people to use it, but it’s available if you want it!

19. Go for text ads

Would be great if you can go for text ads...it will be a great chance for u to earn some bucks.. :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    73 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a chat window

Add a wall or chat window, so people in the group can make comments or pose questions. e.g. "Is that everyone?" "Why was the beer so much?"

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added comments on expenses and an activity feed where you can see recent comments and changes. Try it out and let us know if you need any additional chat features.

Marshall

1 2 5 7 9 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base