Skip to content

General

13 results found

1. Allow edit of single item in itemize scanned receipt

Sometimes item incorrectly scanned from receipt (eg 1.00 instead of 1.80 or little typos) and only way to fix it now is to remove item and add new one. Could you please add option to edit item in place

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG] splitting expense by shares calculation isn't accurate

A lot of the times I am trying to split a bill between friends for food. I want to know how much I owe based on the price of my item, and how much we paid after taxes and tip. Owed = (total w/ taxes & tip) * (pre tax price / pretax total)

I try to do this with shares instead, so for an item for $15.50 I will enter as 1550 shares. The problem is, this calculation is rounded too much and the amount I owe is not deterministic.

For example, my friends ordered items that are $15.50,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We designed this feature around the idea that a couple might take two shares on an expense or a family might take 4 shares to avoid needing to have everyone on the expense, so the system currently calculates all the shares to the exact penny, with some getting an extra penny when rounding is necessary. As you noted, with large numbers of shares, the extra pennies get randomly assigned with a much larger variation than would be ideal.

In theory, over time the way the extra pennies get assigned will be fair, but the next version of the Android app will use a different methodology that will handle these cases with much less variation. Most cases will not vary at all, but in some rare situations you might see the exact rounding vary by 1 penny.

3. Edit/manage recurring payments on mobile

It would be nice to be able to manage recurring payments on mobile. There is currently no indication of which payments are recurring unless you happen to remember which ones they are, and you open them up to edit. Even if there had to be a separate view where you could edit/remove recurring payments.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Please support Hebrew as a language.

Please support Hebrew language. Beside that it is great!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Sharing money function

Thank alot for a very very usefull application.
    I saw that in web version the sharing money has a custom tab that allows people to share each items in the bill. But I cannot find that tab in mobile version. I think that is a very reality function that will be good to be had on mobile version.
    By the way, Splitwise only be used for sharing money without expense management. If Splitwise includes expense management function. It's really an excellent application, I think.

Thanks alot for your application.
    KhiemNS

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have plans to add the various split methods available in the web to the mobile apps in time. However we’re a small dev team so we do not know when we’ll be able to achieve this for all splits on all platforms.

- Aaron

7. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the follow-up! We include a more comprehensive backup option in Splitwise Pro on web only right now that we will probably bring to mobile eventually. If you have Splitwise Pro (available in your web account settings) there is an option to export a full backup of your entire account under advanced settings in your web account settings.

Marshall

8. Improve on-boarding and FTUX

First time experience is horrible and confusing to non-technical users. Please improve the emails and on boarding so friends know what they are being invited to. Even worse: friends who already had accounts mistakenly signed up with second accounts and didn't know how to merge. We had to delete the group and start over. I had to hand hold everyone and tell them not to add bills or make payments until we were all signed up correctly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Cindy – really sorry for the trouble! We know this is a weak spot for Splitwise right now, and we’re working on improving it.

The “second accounts” issue is a particularly thorny one, and we’ve been adding features recently to try to help the problem, like a “merge accounts” option on the account settings page of our website. In the longer term, we’d like to add the ability for accounts to have more than one email address, in the hopes of preventing this kind of problem in the first place. We’re also working on a big iPhone update to address a bunch of usability issues, and to give new users more instruction the first time that they use the app. (Those changes should make their way to Android as well, once we measure their impact to learn what works and what doesn’t.)

Again, apologies for all the confusion! If…

9. Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

350 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

10. Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

11. make it easier to manage reoccuring expenses

I set it up once, and now i can't find it anywhere. Bad UX. Should be pretty central.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry about this – we know recurring expense support on the iPhone is pretty minimal and rather confusing. We’re hoping to make it clearer and easier to use in future updates.

12. Detailed bill summary

In a apartment or home group, where the names are listed who owes what, you should be able to tap their names and see a detailed summary of exactly what they owe per bill

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making the amounts that people owe easier to read and better organized down the road. I really like the idea of clicking on the name and having it shuffle so you only see what their amounts are.

13. Email summary for the expenses

If we can have the email summary for the expenses for all / some participants then it would be great.

Please look in the email summary of Share-a-bill app for iphone for an example.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making some more email reminder choices for groups in the near future. I can understand why in bigger groups going through each person and sending them a single email instead of the whole group could be frustrating.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base