Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. there should be individual settle button in Dashboard.

there should be a settle button against individual line items in dashboard. now i can see that who owe me or i owe who what. but i have to go to individual group/friend to settle up that amount. it'll be really good to have a individual settle button beside the line item say under a friend's name "you owe 450 for XXX".
    Thx

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on this suggestion! In the meantime, you should be able to settle up from the dashboard by clicking the green “Settle up” button above the list of balances, choosing a payment method, and then choosing the person you wish to pay back. Splitwise should automatically fill in the total amount that you owe that person. I hope that helps somewhat for now!

2. Allow the android app to rotate its display

Many thanks for the v3 app! It looks awesome already. But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't support rotation. It's my impression that rotation in Android Apps was a simple thing to add.. (I might be wrong though).

Hope this get's added. It's necessary for tablets :P
    .. And for my phone with a pull-out keyboard (HTC Desire Z).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d love to add rotation support at some point, but it’s actually a fair bit of work to make sure that everything works properly when rotated. It’s on our list of possible app improvements, but it will probably be a while before we seriously consider it. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

3. Facilitate Multiple Groups within a Group.

Instead of hiding the expenses when Balance is $0,
    Settle Up a Group Month Wise, so that a same group can be used, thus avoiding duplicate groups.

So that we can have Monthly Balances & a Gross Total Balance.
    Multiple Groups within a Group will give us more flexibility & Ease.

Right now i am creating a Group Every Month.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I’m not sure it’s applicable to a lot of Splitwise users – most people only use one group on Splitwise, or no groups at all – but it’s an interesting idea, and worth discussing.

4. Add date range option to "Export as spreadsheet" function

Currently when I click the "Export as spreadsheet" link under Group Settings it gives me all of the transactions that have ever been recorded in the group. Since I use a group to track expenses with roommates, I like to export the data on a monthly basis, and it would be great if I didn't have to go back and delete all the old data from the beginning of the file each time.

Alternatively, the "view printable summary" already gives a nice monthly snapshot, so if there was a way to export that view to a spreadsheet, that would work…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Good suggestion! We’ve talked about adding a date range to both the export and the monthly summary – it’s never quite made it to the top of the to-do list, but hopefully it will sometime soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry for the delay!

5. Using Chillr as a payment method in India

Hello Splitwise Team,

Your app is amazing and we, the sub 30 population in India use it and love it a lot

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’re definitely open to integrating with more payment providers in the future, and we’d love to start adding payment methods in India. Chillr doesn’t appear to have a public API right now, which we’d need in order to integrate, but we’ll keep them in mind for future updates!

6. Please consider a first year free and subsequently a $1/year subscription model like WhatsApp used to have.

Occasionally Splitwise will ask me to consider paying $x/month. I use Splitwise just once or twice a month for splitting movie tickets and dinner with friends. A monthly subscription would be a little too much but I am open to paying a $1 fee per year even for the non-Pro version like what WhatsApp used to have.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. make the currency conversion function better

make it easier to convert to different currencies. Why only "home currency"?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! For now, you can always convert into a different currency by temporarily changing your default currency to something else, using the “convert” function, and then changing your default currency back.

8. look into the expenses summary

When checking out the (printable) expenses summary it shows the received payments as expenses. So at the bottom line when it tallies up everything the totale expenses per person are higher than the actual expenses. I believe it should deduct the received payments to get a correct overview.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I definitely understand your reasoning. Right now, the printable summary includes payments so that it can present an accurate total of how much your balance has changed during the month, taking into account both expenses and payments. In the future, hopefully we can separate out expense totals in a way that makes them clearer.

9. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Multiply items on Itemized Bill

It would be great if I could enter in Itemized Bill how many items did I buy and from there, the web app would multiply this amount by price for 1 piece to get the total price.

Lets say I bought 4 boxes of milk for $10 each.

Right now I would enter it like this:
    4 Milks, $40

What I'd rather do is this:

Milk, 4 boxes, $10 each, total $40

This gives me better understanding of how many boxes did we bought and what was the price for 1 box.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re not currently planning any significant changes to the itemized bill form, but I see how this would be a useful addition. I’ll leave this open for further voting and pass along the suggestion.

11. Starling integration

Starling has an open Api. More payment options.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow reoccurring expenses to post automatically or earlier than the max of 7 days before it's due

If bill is reoccurring, it should automatically be posted on each future due date. Or just add the option to post it 14 or 30 days in advance, not just the current max option of 7 days. Most people are paid biweekly or monthly and have to budget for bills further out than 7 days. Plus, if bill is reoccurring, we should be able to see it every month. Ex: Monthly mortgage is $1000. It is June 2012 and I'm looking at November 2012 expenses...I should automatically see all reoccurring expenses, such as the $1000 mortgage, that fall in that…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add an option to filter expenses I am 'Not Involved' in the 'All Expenses' and 'Groups' view

There could be a lot of transactions I am 'Not involved' in, more importantly not interested in.... A filter would help clear up any mess..

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow miles for car sharing

I give my roommates ride to their office and shopping since they don't have a car. So I want to be able to enter the miles along with IRS recommended mileage expense rate or custom rate.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting – I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know we’ve considered making some kind of car/gas calculator for road trips and carpooling and such, but I don’t know if we’ve thought about it recently, so I’ll bring it up again at our next planning meeting.

15. Add a date wise separator

Please add a date wise separator so that expenses can be segregated between dates of a trip.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Just to be clear: are you asking for each day’s expenses (e.g. June 1, June 2, etc) to be separated? If so, I’ll pass on that suggestion and see what the rest of the team thinks.

16. Track Credit card

Hi Just like we have groups, it would be great if you can allow credit card tracking too on real time. I would like to create a card group where in I will post all my expenses and keep track to check with the statement I receive at the month end form the credit card agency.

Currently every time I enter an expense I have to use the split equal option and remove the card from the expense...

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks Anon for the feedback – we’re definitely thinking about how best to integrate with existing payment methods and remove data entry, and this is a great idea.

Cheers,
    Jon

17. Option to show only the transactions that involve me

This feature to hide transactions which do not involve me is already present in the web. So it would be great if the same is present in mobile.

It is particularly useful if you have a large group.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Manu – thanks for posting this in our forum! This would definitely be a nice improvement on our mobile apps, especially for large groups :) Hopefully it’s something we can work on next year!

18. Auto-genereated "Settle up balances" transation should be "Payment" not "General"

When I settle up balances with a friend, the corresponding transactions get added in the groups where me and respective friend is part of. This auto-generated entry is marked with category "General" . Instead of that it should be marked as "Payment". So, it would help in tracking my expenses with category.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We’d definitely like to improve the way “Settle all balances” works – I’ll pass on this suggestion and see if it’s something we can fix when we work on improving our settling up stuff.

19. Add Cash/Money Icon

Multiple instances recently I have gone on looking for a banking/finance icon. (lending someone cash, money exchange while travelling). I was wondering if you could add an icon for finance/monetary transactions.

I love splitwise by the way!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)