Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Sorting categories

Hi,
    It would be very useful to sort the categories by "most used".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Matteo. We are about to add many more words to the autocategorization library which will hopefully speed the process of categorizing a bill up a bit. We can consider this for our next round of work on that feature.
    ZC

2. fix the tax/tip section

Can you adjust the UI such that it explains you can add as a percentage or a fixed amount. The gray text claims % but if i plug in 7 (for 7%) it splits $7 of tax, not 7% of the subtotal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the confusion! It’s intentional that you can enter either a whole amount ($7) or a percentage (7%) in that box, but it could probably be improved to be clearer. I’ll add this to our list of possible things to work on in the future.

3. Allow users to buy a number of items that others can take later

It would be great if Splitwise allowed for one user to enter that they bought a number of items (e.g. bottles of beer), that not immediately have to be split up between the group's users. Others would later just press a button that says "I took a one" and splitwise would figure out the rest.

And maybe warn you if you're out of beer. Cause that's bad.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will probably add the ability to save a split by shares at some point, in which case you would just change the number of shares on the expense for each beer you took, but we do not plan to add a more specific feature to handle this kind of thing at this time.

Marshall

4. No provision for dividing previous expenses when new person is added

When we add new person in a group, the calculation starts from that moment itself and we can't divide previous expenses considering new person.
    This situation come when large number of people are there in a group and we miss someone from adding by mistake

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Consider # of previous payments between individuals when simplifying

I've had two groups where I put in a few major expenses. Some people started settling up by sending me a payment, but then others put in a few new smaller expenses. People who already paid me once now owe me a second payment, which is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! This probably isn’t an easy update to make, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely add it to our list of possible improvements. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

6. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

7. Toggle open and close Groups and Friendds

Make the side bar max height for that of the viewport height. Make the Groups and Friends sections toggleable close / open and scroll bars within.

Prioritize payments and do calculations based on them. Say an old payment exists in my dashboard and i don't wanna delete or settle it but just ignore about it when seeing my total.

Make dashboard items selectable so that i can calculate or get a total based on the selection items from my dashboard.

Same scenario mentioned above with selection of friends and groups from side bar or on a new page would be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions – I’ll pass them on! We haven’t done any major work on our web app for a while, so I imagine we might be redesigning some things later this year.

8. Previous feature for iOS was better

Previously it showed curved left to right arrow sign when I owe someone and right to left arrow sign when someone owes me while adding some bill. That was better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! I’ll pass on your feedback to the team – I know we definitely plan to keep making tweaks and improvements to the add bill form, as well as the rest of the new app.

9. Add office expenses

It'd be nice if there was a built-in way to add the ability to split expenses among office employees, like lunch runs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – could you give me more details on what you mean? I’m probably misunderstanding your suggestion, but you should already be able to split expenses with co-workers on Splitwise: just add your co-workers as friends (or add them to a group), then add lunch runs and more just like you would any other item on Splitwise. Hope that helps!

10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give each group an email address

We use Splitwise to coordinate group expenses. Why not use Splitwise to coordinate group communication? It could be as simple as providing an email address group_name@splitwise.com that forwards to all group members.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Yep, we definitely want to add good group messaging – we mostly just haven’t gotten around to it yet :) Hopefully we’ll have something to show you later this year!

13. send out a bit of details while simplifying debts.

bravo for all your efforts team! we have been using the app for a long period of time now. A couple weeks back you guys introduced a logic that would simplify/adjustdebts accordingly. While most of auch simplifications are trivial, some are not! And the intimation mail only mentions that splitwise has adjusted debts, I request you guys to add a set of details in the same mail, which may include who all were included and before/after of debt amouts. I am also a developer, I guess this would not be a hefty change ;-) Thanks guys, keep rocking!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d love to include better details when simplifying debts, but it’s actually surprisingly hard to show those details in an intelligent way :) The math is very simple, but we’ve found that showing the complete data often confuses people – especially in very old groups, where the “unsimplified” totals might include thousands of dollars of payments to each other (which all cancel each other out).

Still, we definitely want to show more information! Hopefully we’ll be able to try a few new designs this year and find something that works. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

14. Improve on-boarding and FTUX

First time experience is horrible and confusing to non-technical users. Please improve the emails and on boarding so friends know what they are being invited to. Even worse: friends who already had accounts mistakenly signed up with second accounts and didn't know how to merge. We had to delete the group and start over. I had to hand hold everyone and tell them not to add bills or make payments until we were all signed up correctly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Cindy – really sorry for the trouble! We know this is a weak spot for Splitwise right now, and we’re working on improving it.

The “second accounts” issue is a particularly thorny one, and we’ve been adding features recently to try to help the problem, like a “merge accounts” option on the account settings page of our website. In the longer term, we’d like to add the ability for accounts to have more than one email address, in the hopes of preventing this kind of problem in the first place. We’re also working on a big iPhone update to address a bunch of usability issues, and to give new users more instruction the first time that they use the app. (Those changes should make their way to Android as well, once we measure their impact to learn what works and what doesn’t.)

Again, apologies for all the confusion! If…

15. make a chrome extension that adds a "splitwise" button to transactions on Mint

I don't always remember to split a transaction as soon as it happens, or the transaction is one that I'm not physically present for (like when the power company autobills). It would be cool if there was a chrome extension that scraped data from the Mint transactions page when I visit it so that when I review my transactions on Mint I can just click a button (inserted onto the page via extension) to auto-import that transaction into Splitwise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually sort of love this idea (we’ve definitely thought about it before), though it hasn’t actually made it on to our roadmap yet, and I’m not sure if we’d do it by a Chrome extension or by some other means. In general, though, we think it would be super convenient to import expenses directly from your other accounts :) Hopefully in the future!

16. Make it easier to change a user in a group

Hi there! I encountered a problem where I made a typo in someone's email address, then added a bunch of expenses, and then Splitwise wouldn't let me change the user because she wasn't "settled up." I tried deleting the user from the group and adding the correct user, but it said I couldn't edit the expenses because there was a deleted member. Eventually I had to delete the entire group and start over.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble! If a group member hasn’t logged in yet, you should be able to update their email address from the group settings page on our website, or from the friend settings screen on our mobile app. We’re working on some improvements to make this clearer, especially on mobile, so I apologize for all the unnecessary confusion!

17. Avatar for friends in group

Cannot add a picture to friends in group

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! There’s not any way to do this from our mobile apps right now, but there are a few possibilities on our website – if you go to a group, you can either pull up a printable summary (click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses) or export your bills to a spreadsheet (click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then click “Export as spreadhsheet”). Hope that helps a bit for now!

19. Allow changing of subscription values

Hi guys,

I think it would be great if we can change the values of subscription. Currently, if I want to pay more or less for you guys, I have to cancel my subscription and start a new one.

It would be nice to avoid all these tasks to change the value.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. can total Owes you amount be in other color rather light green

can total Owes you amount be in other color rather light green? and split among groups in light green?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base