1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’re likely to add all of these categories (I’d personally file these under Life → Other right now), but I could see us adding a more general category that covers these kinds of expenses.

Marshall

3. Ability to change who you owe money to

When simplified debt is on, it'd be great to be able to change who you owe money to, ie select the person that you will settle up with. This will allow couples to settle up with each other first.
    Otherwise set preferences on who each person will settle with. Ie A always settles with C is C is owed money, balance to whoever else.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there Scott,

This is an interesting idea, and thanks for your feedback. It makes sense for cases where, for instance, one person lives in the same city as another, so it would be easier to manually assign the debts than to let Simplify Debts do its thing.

One work-around you can use it simply ignore the recommendations, and just pay who you want to settle up with; Splitwise will automatically re-adjust to accommodate your choices.

That said, I’ll leave this open for other people to upvote if they’d like it, but we’re not at all likely to do this because it would be a large change to the way we handle debt calculations.

Best,
    Jon

4. To change the" total sum check" error message position from "Enter each person's share "screen to "Add bill " screen

When adding an expense paid by multiple people split wise performs the total sum check at "Enter each person's share" screen itself. So ,it's not possible to go back and correct the total amount if it was entered wrong. If I go back, then the enetered shares are lost . Though there are a couple of work arounds for this ,it would be better if the check is performed before the expense is saved .

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created without properly linking PayPal or Venmo to both PAY and RECEIVE PAYMENTS

Splitwise currently allows different emails for Splitwise and Venmo accounts without linking them. The result is that Splitwise fails to connect to an account for you to RECEIVE payments but it takes them from you.

Splitwise should NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created that haven't properly been linked for BOTH paying AND receiving payments.

This is Splitwise's fault for not having a verification system. Splitwise needs to fix this problem, otherwise people will pay you and it will just sit around.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d definitely like to add more explicit confirmation for PayPal/Venmo payments in the future, and we’ve been working on the ability for a Splitwise user to have multiple email addresses for their account (e.g. one for PayPal, one for Venmo, etc). Hopefully we can make more improvements in this area this year.

6. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reporting

How can I see all expenses I have made since day 1 in all group? Basically I need a feature to tell me how much I have spent by time and group. If we can aggregate by these two dimensions, it's awesome. If we can just get a summary, it's still very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! I’m afraid there’s not an easy way to do this for ALL groups, but you can export your groups one at a time, either by using the “Export as spreadsheet” feature or the “View printable summary” feature (web-only). That should give you a complete breakdown of all the transactions in that individual group. Hopefully we can add better full-account reporting features in the future!

8. Ability to select transactions from bank or card history

Can ask users to link cards and bank accounts in order to show transactions in split wise so user can select transactions instead of having to do manual entry. Plaid makes a great API (demo.plaid.com) for this: harvey@plaid.com

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Split Screen to iPad App

Would be great to have the ability to use your app in split screen mode, so I can have my expenses and split wise open!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! The activity list has a 1 minute delay after expense adds to make it possible to correct obvious errors before notifications/activity items are added. We’ve had a lot of complaints like yours, though, so we’re considering changing this.

Marshall

11. add more clearer receipts (clear text)

Hope you guys know the CamScanner's android app, which scans the receipts in an efficient way. (Guess they use an algorithm which makes the text on the receipts to appear more clearer.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We will keep that program in mind. For now, you can zoom in on Splitwise receipts — hopefully that lets you see everything you need to. Thanks, Zoe

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble — the tour does get shown every time you log in, even if you’re a returning user. This was the best way to implement it at the time, and users rarely log out so we weren’t too worried about it. Hopefully we can make the logic more sophisticated some day. Regards.

13. Internationalization

Notifications are not localised properly. Looks like the language of a notification depends on the language setting of the user who caused the notification. See: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/391374/WhatsApp%20Image%202016-09-05%20at%2011.52.54.jpeg

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Zoe responded

Yup — this is a limitation of our current internationalization infrastructure. We’d love to improve it some day but it’s not presently on the road map. We’ll update this post when that changes. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meanwhile!

14. Export improvement (layout, total expense and CSV compatibility)

As in Webapp, the CSV export is not useful : there is no total expense, and no detail of repartition. I recommend finding example on the ShareTheBill app with an excellent export tool, and wonderfull layout (i have example on old holidays data);

In France, CSV is not well recognized because of separator trouble, and a replacement in text editor is not enough because also the decimal will be changed... Could it be options to define separators before?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you taken a look at the monthly PDF export for groups on the website? The csv export is meant as a simple summary, not something that would include lots of details.

Marshall

15. Override language settings using an in-app language selector

It would be great if the default language which is currently preset by phone settings can be overwritten using an in-app language selector.
    Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now possible on iOS 13! Go to the Settings app and find Splitwise in the list near the bottom. You can choose the language for the app separately from your main phone language. You may also need to change the setting in the Splitwise app as well in your Account settings as we keep a separate language setting for notifications that doesn’t always update automatically right now.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry if you prefer to use Splitwise in English when the rest of your phone is another language. We haven’t seen any other apps that allow you to do this, and it would be fairly difficult for us to build, so this is not something we’re going to be able to do in the near term. That said I’m leaving this “under review” in case a lot of other users would like us to build…

16. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Bitcoin is not often used on Splitwise but we would like our currency handling to be better as some currencies do not even have decimal points and some countries use commas. We’ll add this to the list of ways to make currencies more flexible but it’s not possible to say at this time when we’ll be able to implement it.

17. 3D Touch / Force Touch frequent contacts

In iOS, it would be great to be able to set frequent contacts (and groups) so they appear in the 3D Touch / force touch menu on the app icon. This would speed up creating new bills for people or groups that you frequently interact with.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes a lot of sense! I could also imagine the Splitwise app automatically showing your top friends when you use Force Touch, or maybe showing you the most recent person/group that you split an expense with. I’ll pass on your feedback and add it to our list of ideas for future updates :)

18. Suggest who should pick up the tab

When entering a new bill (particularly at a restaurant, but there are many scenarios), once all of the names have been entered into "With you and", figure out who owes the most money among the participants and suggest that person as the "Paid by".

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it on! For now, you may want to check out the “printable monthly summary” feature for groups on our website. Just log in, click a group in the left sidebar, and then click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses, and you’ll get an itemized breakdown of all the transactions for the month.

20. To add the time at which bill is added by a person along with the price and date of the bill.

When a bill is added, only the date and price of the bill is shown. I suggest you also add the time of the bill.. like when the person is adding the bill on Spiltwise (by App or by PC).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base