Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Add shortcut to home screen/ widget to add expenses to a particular group.

As the title says, Whenever I am in a trip with friends we use splitwise to split our bills. but in a trip it is so frequent, so we need to open the app everytime -> go to the group -> add the expense.

Although it might sound lazy ;), we will be in a hurry in those situations and never mind about adding it in splitwise. and need to remember these things later in that day and then add it to splitwise.

A shortcut to add an expense to a group will help us to add expenses immediately to…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. currency rate

Currently currency exchange rate is provided automatically and one cannot change it. Typically one cannot buy other currency at official rate as the agent selling the currency also have some margin so we never buy money with the rate splitwise suggests. My idea is to make possible to specify custom exchange rate

203 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Feedback

There's no good reason why giving Feedback prompts for my email address and name once I've logged into Splitwise. Use Single-Sign On or OAuth or any of the other technologies that are available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. show group total by category spending

so I know how much I spent on a trip by category

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow links in the comments section

When added a link in the comment section is there any way to make it clickable

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. multiple default currency for participants

I think the original currency should be converted at the time of settlement - so the original currency/price pair will be kept. This would allow different default currency of participants - for example in europe it is not uncommon that people in one group use different currencies. (EUR/CZK..) With current setup, bills are converted to one currency globally in group.
    thanks
    josef

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Josef! This is an interesting idea, and makes sense! However it would be a challenge to implement. I’ll leave this open for further voting for now. Thanks again!

8. 64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting. I just had a look at Monzo’s API documentation: https://monzo.com/docs/#introduction it doesn’t seem like they support p2p transfers at the moment.

Splitwise is always looking to integrate with new payment partners across the world, if we get support for this in the future and there’s enough demand for it, we might consider implementing this in the future.

9. Scale the Android app to support different Font/Displaty sizes

I'm using a Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.2. For readability I have the font size set to Largest and Display size set to Large. The Contacts list cuts off the Contact Name and overlaps the contact information (Phone or email). The rest of the app seems to scale just fine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in! We do periodically check for compatibility with different fonts and sizes and are hoping to resolve this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime!

10. Balance before settle up

Hi Team,

Splitwise made my tsk management much more easier than earlier. Appreciate the app very much. I have an idea to enhance the capability of the app to avoid discrepancies. Let's take an example that a person owe me 50 $ and as soo as he pays 20$ would see the balance as 30$. But I never know how much was the balance earlier. So I would suggest you to please display the before balance and after balance once the settle up button is clicked.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Plates, display list of participants and what they owe

Plates is a great app. The best of its kind.

However, it would be nice to be able to display a list at the end, showing each person's name (or number) and the base, tip, tax, & total amounts for that person, with grand total at the end. Then the phone or tablet could be passed around the table so each person can see their amount due.

The list should be tabular, like a spreadsheet, with one row per person, and five columns for the name, base, tip, tax, total amounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think this is something we’re likely to do, but I’ll leave this up and see if it gets a lot of support. We do have requests to add names to plates in the app and tapping on each plate will show a breakdown of the total at the end, which seems like it would handle this use case.

13. add a group chat feature

if you have a group chat feature irrespective of the comments it would be very helpful

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. plaintext

It would be great if it was possible to export reports in the ledger format (http://plaintextaccounting.org/)

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Using several phone numbers

I am an international person and I use several international phone numbers. I would like to use all together in the same Splitewise account.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. Select a couple of the leading personal expense apps and make splitwise compatible, so that costs added on splitwise can automatically add

Cross compatibility with a leading personal expense calculator app (e.g. IExpenseit ) would exponentially increase the value the app adds to life. Splitwise is great, but if you are tracking all expenses, you are constantly doing double handling.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely we’ll do this kind of integration, but I’ll leave this up to see if other people are interested in this idea. The main issue with this kind of integration is that it’s a very challenging design problem to figure out how to integrate with a budgeting app in a way that makes sense to people using it. Over the lifetime of Splitwise, we’ve discovered a lot of interesting things about how people think about splitting money. I’m not sure we’re up to taking on the same task for how people think about budgeting.

Marshall

17. Allow upload of Excel files in the Notes. Its easier

Currently it allows only text, pdf and images. Excel should be allowed as well. xls and xlsx both.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Expecting summary of individuals spends.

Expecting summary of individuals spends.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Automated payment reminders to friends to pay club memberships

We have a club, where we would have about 10-15 people pay around $100 every 3 months, how can we set this up on an automated basis, so they get email reminders that we will take the money from them as agreed

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a couple of features that come close to solving this issue (recurring expenses and reminders), but neither of them quite work in your case. We’ll take a look at this next time we’re working on either of these systems.

Marshall

20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base