Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Reallocate payments upon settling up to minimize transfers between group members

While i love splitwise, when a group is large, the total number of payments needed to settle up becomes unmanageable. We had 13 people in the group and settling up required each person to make payment to or get payment from the other 12 people, resulting in 144 total transfers. In some cases, the amount was less than $1. Instead, if Person A owes Person B and Person B owes Person C, Splitwise should have Person A pay Person C directly as opposed to having two separate payments. This would make the app exponentially better!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble – we actually do this already! If you go into your group’s settings and turn on the “simplify debts” option, we’ll automatically reallocate payments to reduce the total number of payments necessary. Hope that helps!

2. Categories

Please add Education as one of the categories. People spend a lot on Tuition, books, etc.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Archive debts

The option to archive (instead of deleting) a debt/group would reduce clutter and make Splitwise much more usable, while still allowing us to still keep track of outstanding debts.

Thanks for considering this!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We now hide groups/friends that have been settled up for more than 40 days on all three platforms. We also hide older expenses behind a click whenever a group or friendship has completely settled up.

Marshall

4. Allow a group to view total spedings for a period.

For example, allowing flatmates to know the expenditure for a month. Not individually (since thats already available), but considering the group as one unit. This gives us an idea of the cost involved in running the flat for one month (or other custom time periods).

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. What else is in Splitwise pro?

I want to see if there are extra things useful to me in Splitwise Pro, but it doesn't seem to do very well selling me the features.

Is there a details page where I can read about other features?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Add hotel option.

I use this service for group travel expenses. It'd be nice to have a specific category for hotel expenses.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom settle up

Your application is great and we are using it in group of friends. But the one thing that is extremly needed on mobile is custom settle up as it is in web browser. It should allow to change the person who paid the payment and the person who received it with possibility to set ammount in any currency.
    To simulate this we have to add fake expence that will state that somebody give money to other person and later convert it on web app.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This is now available on all three platforms! Groups now have custom settle up from the page for each group. For custom friend only settle up on mobile, you need to go tot he non-group expenses entry from the groups list and click settle up from there.

Marshall

8. Save $ value, bill name, etc. when adding more people to the bill

Currently, the "Divide a bill" window is laid out with the amount and name of the bill at the top. One fills them in, then gets to the part where you can add people to the bill. If you do so, the amount and name are lost. Obviously, it should save those.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. create an icon for gifts and an icon for laundry/dry cleaning (hanger)

We love your site/app and these icons would make it even better!

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. 1Password Integration

It would be very simple if the login form had the 1Password integration, this way, users who believe in strong passwords can login conveniently.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on iOS!

Thanks for the suggestion – I can definitely see how this would be useful! I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements on iOS.

11. Trip Expenditure per person

When I create a new trip, and add expenses.
    It will be good if I can get a report of how much it costed per person.
    For ex, total trip expenditure was about $500, and 4 people, assuming, we all shared money equally, the cost-per-person listing will help track travel expenditure.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have a “post trip report” yet, but we do have monthly spending charts in the web interface fro groups (under the trends icon in the far right) and you can click on view full charts to get detailed spending summaries.

Marshall

12. Select the mobile number from phone book

Mobile number is not automatically taken from the phone book when I tried to add a friend using the mobile app after selecting the person's name.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Send email notifications only when I'm involved in them

I've enabled the option to send emails when new bills are added, but now I get an email every time someone in the group adds a bill, even though Splitwise itself knows that I'm not involved in the bill. Please change this, or at least provide an option to avoid these mails.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. history - logs

There is no way to see all the history (what if someone edited the amount later on?)

1) I should be able to see all modification done to a transaction
    2) I should be able to see the entire logs of the group (what if a transaction is deleted)
    3) I should be able set a settlement or freeze account thing, so that any new addition are a fresh start and modification to historic data would not influence current settlement , something like starting on fresh excel sheet.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

There is now a recent activity tab which will show you any changes since the last time you looked. There are also detailed comments that get added to expenses when they get changed so you can see what is different.

Marshall

16. Simplify debts for people not in groups

we love this site and the relates applications both in iOS and android. But what i feel missing is a simpler way shuffle debts between friends that are not in a single group. The simplify debts feature between a group s good and understandable that people know each other, but for expenses that were not added to a group can not be shuffled. Please add a feature where you can shuffle amounts between a group of people.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We actually have a “simplify debts” feature that lets you do a one-time shuffle with friends – it’s on the user settings page under “Advanced features”. We consider it a power-user feature (since it changes people’s balances in a way that can be more difficult to understand than within-group debt simplification), so we don’t encourage most people to use it, but it’s available if you want it!

17. Recurring expense

Every moth there will be some common recurring expenses, I wish you can allow us to duplicate/ copy an existing expense so we can update and save as new. For example I have mobile expense split between 4 people in different way (not equally), every month it's same, so it's a pain to enter everything again and again. If I can just copy and recreate, then entering finite details like service name/ or splitting details/ etc will be eliminated.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We actually have a feature for recurring bills already, if that’s what you’re looking for! Just tap on the date when adding a bill, and you can set it to recur as often as you’d like – new copies of the bill will automatically be generated each week/month/etc.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, just leave a comment and let me know what you mean, and I’d be happy to pass on the feedback :)

18. calculate individual's monthly(user defined) expense.

The current application shows only how much a person owes/owed. It would be better if one can tract his complete monthly expense. If you need extra help, you can contact me. I am a software engineer and I would be glad to help you.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. add more currencies

some currencies are missing, like for example Thai Bhat. may be good to add thee as well.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Split bills by percentage

Users should be able to enter percentages for expenses (i.e. Alice owes 40%, Bob owes 60%) rather than exact amounts.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added better support for splitting bills by percentage in the redesigned web interface – just add a bill and choose “Split the cost unequally”. We hope to bring this feature to our mobile apps soon.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base