Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Custom categories and total overview

I totally like the possibilities of the splitwise web app to show the trends and a monthly overview of the group's total. It would be really awesome if you could also add this overview to the iPhone app. I would also like the ability to split the bill unevenly like it is done in the web app.

Since you doesn't want to enable custom categories I want to request some categories because I have a lot of expenses that doesn't fit in the given categories e.g. party, medicine & health, computer, sport, clothes.

Keep up the good work, this app…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! We’d definitely like to make some further improvements to our iPhone app, and I’ll pass on your category recommendations as well.

P.S. There’s already an option for “Sports” under “Entertainment”, just so you know :) Hope that helps!

2. Add preferred people to debt simplification

Debt Simplification can be more awesome if i can re-simplify adding a preferred payer

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Using several phone numbers

I am an international person and I use several international phone numbers. I would like to use all together in the same Splitewise account.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. show group total by category spending

so I know how much I spent on a trip by category

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pick a date using calendar layout (i.e. the layout in calendar apps), replacing the date/month/year scroll

It will be easier to pick a date using calendar layout, as sometimes if we use date scroll, we may miss the date/month/year and need to scroll it again.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Export improvement (layout, total expense and CSV compatibility)

As in Webapp, the CSV export is not useful : there is no total expense, and no detail of repartition. I recommend finding example on the ShareTheBill app with an excellent export tool, and wonderfull layout (i have example on old holidays data);

In France, CSV is not well recognized because of separator trouble, and a replacement in text editor is not enough because also the decimal will be changed... Could it be options to define separators before?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you taken a look at the monthly PDF export for groups on the website? The csv export is meant as a simple summary, not something that would include lots of details.

Marshall

7. Integrate with Facebook Payment

The platform is growing fast and it offers the fastest way to get the money paid by your friend to your account. Please support it.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re open to doing P2P integrations if they become popular and if the payment system creates a good way for us to build the integration.

I’ll leave this thread open to see how many other people would like FB messenger payments.

Best,
    Jon

8. Put the frequently used currencies on top

Me and my boyfriend are both belgian (euro), i am living in the UK (gbp) and he is living in the us (usd). This means we use these three currencies very often. When I add something in splitwise, the default currency is euro, and i have to scroll down a lot before I find the gbp or dollar. Something similar for my boyfriend. It would be very convenient if these three currencies would be on top of the list instead of in the middle of the alphabetical list.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. 23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in! We’d love to support our Arabic speaking users better, and I’m sorry that we don’t support Arabic yet!
    Preparing for character based languages is a big task and we’re a small team so it’s not something we can promise soon. However, it is something we’d love to add at some point!

10. Add Chinese language support

Please add Chinese language support. I understand that splitwise is not an open source software, but I don't think it's a problem that you can put language files to platforms like transifex, so that volunteers can do the translation for multiple languages.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry that we don’t support Chinese yet!
    Preparing for character based languages is a big task and we’re a small team so it’s not something we can promise soon. However, it is something we’d love to add at some point!

11. allow a recurring settle up a reminder

Would be nice if you could set up a recurring reminder to settle up once a month. I.E., on the first of the month it would send out an email with the total you owe and to who.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts are a great way for power users to take full advantage of the web app, and would be especially helpful when batch adding many bills at the same time (eg multiple receipts). Check out the javascript library mousetrap for a quick and easy way to add them.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. Percent for each item in itemized bill.

I know this could increase the complexity of the UI, but for me unequally split each item of the itemized bill would be a great, great feature that i could use practically in each bill.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not currently planning any significant changes to the itemized bill form, though I do see how this could be useful. I’ll pass on the suggestion, and see if we want to add it to our list of future improvements.

14. Sorting order

On the home screen, the owe-ees should rise to the top, then have contacts listed in alphabetical :)

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on at our next design meeting.

For now, if you’d like to quickly view only the people you have balances with, just tap the “you owe” or “you get back” cell above the list of people (where it lists your total balance), and the screen will update to only show the relevant people. Hope that helps!

15. Dummy Users for simplified splitting

I suggest you to add functionality to add dummy users. For example if I am going on a trip and some persons unknown to me are present. As per current system I have to invite them and have to add to my friend list. I am suggesting to have option to add dummy user without any invite so that expenses can be split equally among number of people present on tour but not my friends. Admin must have right to make any group with N numbers of users with his choice of name so that he can easily manage the…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We currently support adding dummy users to a group on the web only. When you create a new group (or go to an existing group’s settings page), you should be able to add group members that have a name, but no email address. Hope that helps!

16. Deliver each day’s recurring payments at the same time

I have a few recurring payments each month. Currently they hit the Splitwise tab at different times instead of all at the same time that day.

Also means lots of notifications.

Would be great if they all arrived at 8am (or some other set time) with one summary notification.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow users to 'opt-in' to expenses

For example: if someone buys shared food and puts it out in the apartment, each user should have the option to join the split (but should not be forced to join it by default).

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting idea! We’re already planning to add some features that will make it easier to split things by “shares”, and this could be a good extension of that.

18. add discount

when splitting a bill item wise, please also add a category of discounts, along with tax columns that are there... also please allow users to add more tax rows if need be

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add multiple currency support for charts

When displaying charts in a group with expenses in multiple currencies, the sums are stated unconverted in the default currency, which makes the chart useless. If currency conversion (which would be very cool!) is not on your current roadmap, you could at least display a chart for each currency.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Not many people use 2+ currencies, which is why this has gone neglected until now, but we’d definitely like to improve it. We’ll probably start by simply showing one currency on the charts screen (and ignoring expenses in other currencies), then later move on to either showing multiple charts or doing actual currency conversion. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

20. Improve the way Splitwise handles multi-currency

Recent trip to Vietnam with four people and three currencies While we were able to capture all the payments in VND, SGD and USD, once it came to settling it all turned bad. The interface is very clearly made for single currency and thus has many instances where only one field is provided (e.g. in the dashboard, the group overview, etc.). Occasionally there's grey text underneath showing some of the other currencies, but when it came to settling up it became an unholy mess very quickly. The problem was compounded by some expenses being recorded on the group and others…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tom, sorry for all the trouble! We definitely want to keep improving multi-currency support – Splitwise can handle the math correctly, but the interface doesn’t show all that information very well.

Hopefully we’ll have time to improve this on iOS and Android next year, but it might take us a little while – multiple currencies are only used by a few % of our users, and as a very small company (2 engineers) we’re a bit swamped with feature requests. Still, it’s something I really want to work on, especially since it’s something that Splitwise could be really helpful for. In the meantime, my apologies for the inconvenience!

1 2 6 8 10 37 38

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base