Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Rearrange Expenses in a given day / Add time to expense

Allow user to move items so that he can rearrange them in a chronological order for that day.
    For Ex. I might add the dinner expenditure first, and then the breakfast expenditure, but would want the breakfast to appear before the dinner in the reports and charts. Being able to re-arrange would help.
    If re-arranging is a difficult to achieve, then we can get the same done by asking user to enter time (optional) for the expenditure.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

I really like this idea, and can see why people would want it (including myself who needs to organize everything obsessively by time). We’ve talked about doing this and think it’s a good addition, but it will be a little bit before we can get it in there.

2. Add possibility for paypal.me link

The new service from paypal offers new possibilities to transfer money more easily to freinds and family with a link like https://www.paypal.me/username/25.43

It makes sense to include the possibility to settle up via this link or to generate the link as such for further sharing. (by adding the paypal.me-username to the splitwise-account)

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting. I haven’t seen this yet. It’s unlikely we’ll be able to support this as our control over how the PayPal code works is limited, but it’s definitely worth looking into.

Marshall

3. Option to track our monthly expenditure

At present, only the money owed is being tracked. It would be great if we could enter our personal expenditures too and also have the total expenditure number for each month.

Provide some comparison charts for each group, comparing the expenditure of current month with the previous etc.

Its highly probable that many of the users who use splitwise and similar sites to track the splitting, also use some other sites to track their own expenditures. So why not bring both together under one roof! :)

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently in the process of evaluating different types of expenses and relationships with those expenses. Tracking personal expenses is something we’ve discussed and want, we just need to figure out where it fits on the schedule.

4. Add SMS text notifications

Some people in my groups don't have smart phones and don't check email too often. A good solution to missed notifications would be to send a SMS text message to their phone number.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’re likely to add SMS notifications in the near future, but I can see how they’d be useful for certain groups of people. I’ll mention this at our next planning meeting.

5. allow formatting of numbers

may be useful to have a setting whereby you can change the format of the numbers, e.g. decimals, show "1000" as "1,000" etc. thanks

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Payment Repeat

I would to have an option to repeat a payment for a certain number of times.
    For instance, repeat $10 for 5 months.
    As of now, I am not able to restrict the number of installments to repeat

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea, thanks for the suggestion!

I’m leaving your idea as “under review” to see if others have the same request. Our repeating expenses system could definitely be improved in several ways, but to be honest, doing so isn’t on the medium term roadmap at the moment.

Best,
    Jon

7. Siri Integration

Wondering why no one suggested this? Ask siri to split bill in group or just say 'John' owes me ₹250.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We’d love to integrate with Siri! In the past we weren’t able to work with the integration, but we’ll look for any changes that may allow us to add this. Thanks for the suggestion!

8. Advance payment between friends

There are instances when there is an advance payment involved ( including yourself ) between friends and then expenses deduct the money.
    I am not able to add my own share ( advance payment ) in a group. Typically in this scenario its like X pays X ( which is not a valid scenario in other conditions )

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely see how this would be useful! Hopefully we can consider adding support for a “kitty fund” or the like sometime in the future.

For now, I’ve seen a few people simulate this by adding an additional member to their group called “Kitty fund”, and using that extra member to keep track of shared funds. For example, if everyone pays $100 to the kitty fund at the beginning of the month, then you can choose the kitty fund as the payer for new expenses like groceries or rent. Splitwise should accurately update to show how much money the kitty fund has left (e.g. “The kitty fund owes $50” = the kitty fund has $50 left). It’s definitely a bit of a hack, but it might be worth trying if you and your friends always split bills this way.

9. Add Date Range Search

I feel like it would be better to filter out the details based on the expense logged in dates. Like giving a date range selection and after I search, I would be able to see the results (either within a group or in all the group) particularly in the selected date range.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Just to be clear: you want to view your bills filtered by the day they were added, instead of by the date on the bill, correct? I’ll pass on that feedback.

For now, your best bet is probably to take a look at the “recent activity” screen, which shows all changes in your account in order of when they happened. I realize that’s not the best screen for looking through a large amount of data, though, so apologies for the trouble!

10. Add more payment options

You could have more payment connectors, like apple pay, android pay, debit card. Also, keep an eye for international platforms, I'm an international user and I'd love to use my local payment systems (There's a startup here in Brazil called PicPay, it's a venmo copycat). That would drive adoption A LOT!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely interested in adding more payment options! Unfortunately, some of the more well-known options (Apple Pay, Android Pay) don’t currently allow third-party apps to send person-to-person payments, so we haven’t been able to add them yet, but we’re hopeful that those companies will open up their APIs in the future. And non-US payment providers are definitely on our to-do list too! :)

11. add the ability to link to bank accounts

we did this with paydivvy. its the one thing that separated them from everyone else. now that paydivvy is being acquired we need a new service. hopefully connecting bank accounts is part of your plan already! makes it a lot easier to just press "pay" rather than cutting a check each time

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’d definitely like to do this! It’s unlikely to happen any time in the next few months (it takes a lot of work to properly and securely integrate with banks), but hopefully it’s something we can consider in the future.

12. Calendar

a calendar feature that helps a home group keep track of who gets paid when, and when bills are due. To help figure out who will actually pay the bill, and then be owed by the rest of the group.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Randy! Have you tried using the ‘recurring bill’ feature? Interested to know whether that meets this need, or whether you think we need a calendar function on top of it. Thanks for using Splitwise and writing in!

13. Please add an option to filter out expenses/payments by user

Please provide an option to filter out expenses/payments by user , similar to the option of hide expenses not involving me.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you may be able to use “Export as spreadsheet” to accomplish some of this. You can export a spreadsheet from our website by going to a group or friend, then clicking the settings icon in the upper right and choosing “Export”. Hope that helps!

14. Allow custom messages to be sent to group members from Splitwise Group

I would like to send a custom message to specific members of a Group directly from Splitwise. I've tried using the whiteboard function but that doesn't seem to work very well.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you aware of the ability to send reminders, or comment on specific expenses? You can send an email to a fellow group member by clicking on their name in the right sidebar, then clicking the “Send reminder” button. You can leave comments on specific expenses by clicking the expense, then entering a comment in the comment box – the other people involved in the bill should get an email about your comment. I hope that helps!

15. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Venmo Charges

You venmo integration is great, but you currently cannot request money and create a Venmo charge. This would help remind people to settle debts. You've already integrated with the Venmo API, and according to their documentation, all you need to do is put a negative amount in the request to create a charge -- this should be easy (see: https://developer.venmo.com/docs/payments).

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow subset of group members for Pay with Adjustment

The "Split Equally" functionality allows us to select only some people in a group, and most of the other options (Split Unequally, Pay by Share, etc.) also allow for an easy way to split when not everyone is involved. Pay by Adjustment, however, requires the entire group to be included - it would be great if we could check/uncheck some group members here as well.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Intellisense

Hi,

This is a great web app. I was thinking, as the users who are using this app for everyday expenses management, their expense description remains same or similar. So, if you can store those descriptions and as user starts typing, you can show a probable list to select from their earlier descriptions. It will be more user friendly as then user doesn't need to type the same thing over and over again everyday or every week.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely see how that would be useful! We’ve got a bunch of features already on our to-do list, but I’ll pass on the suggestion at our next team meeting and see if we want to add that sometime soon.

19. Add tax support and partial split

There is a typical case I meet usually: I went to Walmart with my two roommates. X bought $10 things for himself, Y bought $12, Z bought $15. Meanwhile, we bought $30 things for sharing. And X paid the bill. Note that the money above didn't include the tax (I'm in US, one has to pay additional 8.75% tax of the original price). In this case we want to split the $30 and its tax equally, while each pay for his own thing including that tax. Since on the receipt the tax is only a sum, it's annoying for us…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble – I’ll pass on the feedback! For now, you could try adding your bill on our website and choosing “itemized bill” as the split method, which includes some handling for tax (and for splitting up a bill’s items between multiple people).

20. Tags

Ability to create tags for certain expenses, e.g "Moving costs", "Pets", "Reimbursable", "Sunday trip" when between two people especially

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While we aren’t actively planning to implement tags currently, there are some things that you could essentially use as tags: we have a category for every expense such as transportation – bus, taxi or utilities – gas, power.

You can also create separate group if you want to have expenses for lets say a trip, an apartment or a club to be separate from regular expenses.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base